Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Dexter (Season 7 spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012, 7:04:16 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
Everyone is forgetting the first rule of the code, and that's to not get caught. He may have to break rule 2 in order not to break rule 1. All his other killings other than the photographer and possibly the pedophile fall into that.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 10:28:29 PM PST
Been meaning to get in on this Dexter Thread and have kept myself from opening it up cause I always see it a day late.

Now that the season is over... Wow.. this is thread is DEEP. You guys be analyzing the crap out of the show. It's all good though. This show is the shiz.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 11:25:56 AM PST
Scratchy says:
He also purposely killed Hanna's dad even though he didn't fit the code. He even made a point to say it before he killed him and dumped him in the ocean.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 11:23:10 AM PST
Prankster says:
Kirk, Don't you even dare to compare Hannah to Lyla! She really was irritating. Yvonne is just...wow! :D

And I was confused during that scene as well. It definitely wasn't the first time. I think he's broken it even before the guy in Sirko's apartment. I'm not sure when but it might have been in some earlier season. I also thought he wanted to kill much more this season than any other before. It's all he wanted to do whatever the circumstances.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 11:21:57 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Holy crap she's 34!!! Damn she totally defies the stereotype of Latinas showing their age @ 30.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 11:21:34 AM PST
Prankster says:
Haha, for sure man. Talking about her reminded me how abruptly they ended the intern's role as well.

Dustin, I agree with you on how gorgeous she is. At first I thought she's like 22 or something but when I googled her, I found out she's 33! 33! And my favourite Masuka scene has to be the awesome reenactment he did of the crime scene when they found that guy in plastic whom Dexter leaves lying around in season 4 (or was it 5?).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:27:07 AM PST
It's funny to me that she's portrayed as really young, but the actress is older than I am.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:16:55 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Yea she sure has grown up from the George Lopez show.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:15:49 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Hard to blame Quinn for trying, amirite?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:14:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:33:58 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:13:31 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:12:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 10:12:40 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Hehe, I liked the character alright. I could take or leave her basically. At least I didn't completely loath her like that British chick from season two, ugh.

Masuka and Batista are such great characters. Sad they get less screen time now.

Oh, and forgot to comment on what DDustiNN mentioned earlier about Dexter breaking the code. I felt the exact same way! I had a bigger OMG! moment when he slit the throat of that guy in Isaac Sirko's apartment. He didn't know anything about that dude, and just went with it! I guess you could argue he had to do it to survive or something, but at the time I was pretty shocked by that kill. The hitman Sirko had him kill I could pretty well ignore since he knew of his history of killing, even though not first-hand.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 10:11:54 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 10:12:02 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:11:31 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:11:20 AM PST
Ice King says:
Does Jamie even have time for a relationship? Being a full time parent to Harrison has to be tough.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 10:00:01 AM PST
I totally thought Quinn would die this season. I'm surprised he didnt

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:57:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 9:58:01 AM PST
Prankster says:
Blasphemy! I honestly liked her character though because it made me think that Dexter might have a future with someone who understands him and accepts him. At the end they even showed her trying to curb his instincts. As it stands, I don't see any other conclusion to this show than him dying!

Also, I don't even know why Quinn is in this show and how he's still alive. And I seriously hope they don't ruin Jamie's character by pairing her with him. He's a complete d-bag. The cast other than Dexter and Deb from Miami Metro really has been getting less time on screen. I used to love Masuka's craziness in the first 5 seasons.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 9:49:21 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I had a feeling Nadia was playing Quinn somehow but then she just moves to Vegas, strips there and leaves him high and dry. And now the one person who can blow his story up about shooting that guy in the club just retired unless she returns to start some ish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:33:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 9:33:42 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
That is a good point - was a really anticlimactic end to Quinn's story. I thought there was going to be more to that. I guess it was just a means to an end in terms of overall narrative.

I was assuming Hannah would play a big role in the next season initially, but it would also make sense that she would just flee the country, you know, being a fugitive on the run and all.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 9:30:19 AM PST
M. McFly says:
I think Hannah has to be back next season. Might not be the first episode but having her escape and not show back up doesn't really make sense. Anyway I didnt like how they closed Quinn's story, seemed to invest a lot of time and then just to have the girl move to vegas seemed like a cheap way to end it no payoff for all the time around that story. Still unsure of what i thought overall about the season, i kind of liked they didn't have 1 serial killer throughout the season, that formula is the same everytime, Dexter gets captured we know he then escapes and kills them off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:21:51 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:17:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 9:17:23 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I liked that it was a believable thread to take, and it was not at all the one I anticipated. I think either route they went there would have led to some equally interesting story points. I wasn't really enamored with the character, Hannah (Sorry, Prank!), so going the route that detaches those two was fine with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:10:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 9:11:15 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Yea I was like "REALLY?!?!?!" when I heard her confess to it.

Was also funny to see the evolution of La Guerta from her hitting on Dexter shamelessly in the first season to trying to put him in jail in the 7th lol.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 9:08:20 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I agree that on some level dexter is being subconsciously complacent because he might feel he deserves to die for the things he has done. Problem is that he also wants to live because of harrison and hanna they make his fake life feel legitimate. I think after this season dexter is going to settle down and try to suppress his urges after what he put deb through and that will lead to another dexter type character hunting him down in the last season for everything he has done. Maybe trinitys son could play that character since he knows who and what dexter is already.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 9:03:30 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, everything is pretty much ripping at the seams, but it's hard to imagine this kind of lifestyle going anywhere else, you know?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PS4 Console Exclusive Dragon's Crown Pro New 10 Minute Gameplay 0 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/18-9/24 56 7 hours ago
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 36 7 hours ago
OT: A Black male goes on a deadly shooting spree at a predominately White church in Tennessee 3 8 hours ago
South Park FBW... 4 12 hours ago
So uhh....My left JoyCon isn't connecting to my Switch now 11 13 hours ago
I beat Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story mode in one sitting, AMA 3 13 hours ago
OT: So, just how did professional player protests at games over police brutality, social injustice and racial inequality turn into protests over President Trump? 0 14 hours ago
OT: The NFL can go to Hell 6 15 hours ago
Amazon is withholding physical copies of games to prevent preorder discount 104 16 hours ago
First trailer for Tomb Raider movie 20 17 hours ago
OT: Trump brings the worst out of people, friend and foe alike 0 18 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.