Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Real or Fake Christmas Trees?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 10:57:24 PM PST
aidenraine says:
neither. they're both too much hassle, and I really couldn't care less about christmas anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 10:51:18 PM PST
Nicos says:
MY CAT LOVES BEING STRONG!!!

Hahaha oh god

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:31:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 2:45:26 PM PST
Sooo why do you have a dead tree just "sitting in the corner"??? You could hang birdseed balls or suet on it...or string lights on it for the holidays!...I have a tree just like it n I call it my "spooky" tree...lol

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 5:02:25 AM PST
If I were to have a tree, Fake. Less hassle, don't have to go.. find one, don't have to clean up dead needles, or water it, or... what have you.

But as It stands I don't bother putting a tree up anyway. big waste of time... plus if I did my cat would pull it down within an hour. He's rather strong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 4:37:42 AM PST
No, it's not planted, just sitting in the corner. But, it still has all it's needles, though they are brown now. I forget the species, but it didn't leave needles all over the living room.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 10:40:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012, 10:45:10 PM PST
Nicos says:
Actually for me, the fake, plasticy and probably toxic aroma that wafts off a plastic tree that has been stuck in the garage for a year really sets the Christmas mood.

I have always wanted to put up one of those aluminium trees with the spinning color wheels:
http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/2/0/0/9/1/ar126101252019002.jpg

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 4:09:08 PM PST
Fake inside the house.

Real outside.

Both with lights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 3:02:16 PM PST
On this, we agree.

Maybe someday, I'll have a wife and 1.5 children. Then I'll debate which one to get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 2:15:24 PM PST
KrisCo says:
It's the biggest pussy you'll ever see.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 2:10:13 PM PST
M Lewis says:
the current apartment does not allow real due to the fire hazard. I've had both in the past. Fake often look better (if you don't get the cheap ones) and are far less of a hassle. The cats eat both. I prefer the fake.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 1:44:53 PM PST
A customer says:
Real or nothing.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 1:41:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012, 1:41:28 PM PST
I like my trees the same way I like boobies. Big and Fake.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 1:25:20 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
It doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of turkey. So I'm quite happy with homemade Thanksgiving pizza.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 1:20:52 PM PST
DVvM says:
Really? Turkey's not that hard. The first time I cooked a turkey I was amazed at how much easier it actually was than the popular opinion holds it to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 1:02:59 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I hate you anyway ;)

I don't put up a tree either. Hate the mess and the trouble of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 12:59:52 PM PST
Sooo you had a "live" tree and planted it in your yod??? (that's new england speak) What a great idea!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 12:32:57 PM PST
depends on the species. I have one that still has it's needles on it sitting in the corner in my backyard, from two years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 12:31:09 PM PST
Real. Those fake ones are just one big carcinogen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 12:28:08 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
A few Thanksgivings ago I made pizza from scratch instead of Turkey. I have successfully never cooked a turkey in my entire adult life. I either go to my parents for Thanksgiving or I make something else.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 12:09:24 PM PST
Both: Little fake one at my apartment. My Dad and I go out and find a real tree for their home where we celebrate Christmas.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 12:05:38 PM PST
YIGT says:
Most of the trees ive had were real. we have alot of tree farms near my house so its easy to get them but after I got married it was just easier and more economical to buy a fake one. I most likely will get real trees in the future after i get out of school and hopefully get upgraded in the job department. Im sure the kids would love that kinda thing it was fun for awhile when I was little but by the teenage years was just a hassle. Thats about the time my parents got fake trees. The one me and the wife have looks pretty good with all the fixins on it its hard to tell if its real or not at first glance. It was one of the higher end trees on super reduced price when I got it. Plus its got lights on it already which makes it so much easier on me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 11:42:43 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
You want me to put a tree where? In my house? You have gone mad!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 11:36:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012, 11:38:20 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
We had a real tree maybe 1/3rd of the time while growing up, so that experience doesn't register as a nostalgic tradition for me. We had plenty of other Christmas traditions, of course, but the specific kind of tree we put up each year wasn't one of them, so it simply doesn't hold that same value for me.

I've never considered fake ones to be tacky, though. Well...maybe those retro silver ones...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 11:31:54 AM PST
DVvM says:
Yes, my celebrations are the best celebrations. You just wish you were invited to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 11:30:35 AM PST
So now you are celebrating Christmas better than others?
*facepalm*
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.