Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My Vita is stupid

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 92 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 1:18:19 PM PDT
Ha, you have achieved your goal. Well done. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 12:45:22 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm trying to be the good Sonymite soldier today.

If you hate your Vita so much why don't you just play Escape Plan on your xbox???

Oh wait, you CAN'T!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 12:41:03 PM PDT
LOL, yeah. Honestly, I'm about four frustrating updates away from giving away all of my current gen systems. I hate it when I have half an hour to play something and get stuck with a mandatory 30-45 minute download/install.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012, 12:40:02 PM PDT
I honestly haven't touched my Vita in over a month now :/

My Dark Souls obsession has rekindled (ha!) itself lately though so this may have something to do with it....

I am picking up Disgaea 3 next week on Vita and really looking forward to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 12:38:41 PM PDT
Aren't updates just the best thing ever?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 12:30:26 PM PDT
As of this morning, my Vita is stupid too. It keeps telling me I must install a system update (Version 1.67). The Vita goes through the entire software download process, then instead of restarting and installing the software, it gives me the following error code: C3-12077-7, which isn't even in the Sony Vita Knowledge Center list of error codes. The stupid system won't let me play downloaded games like Escape Plan without installing the update, and it won't install the update. This is very frustrating. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012, 4:56:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2012, 4:57:10 AM PDT
Isn't that 32 MB install just a cache and save file?

I would expect it to use at least 50% more than the required total listed space for the install. Same as a PC game. You may need 15-20gb to install a 10gb game due to the install.

Since you're downloading the installer off PSN, I assume this is the cause of your issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:38:32 PM PDT
I think that must be it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:38:23 PM PDT
"(does Vita do that too?)"

They do, but Vita games generally do not have a large install. The largest I know of is Uncharted: Golden Abyss which is 64MB. MNR is a 32MB install so it is 1.495GB for the game + 32MB install so you need a total of 1.527GB of space if you go with the digital version. Either way, I had plenty of space available but at least today it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:33:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 3:35:09 PM PDT
>> It simply would not download but today it decided to cooperate.<<

Maybe you're dealing with a teenage Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:30:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:28:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:25:29 PM PDT
Maybe it cleared a cache or something and gave you just enough space for the install, who knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:23:07 PM PDT
No, I have not done anything to that memory card since last night. It simply would not download but today it decided to cooperate.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 3:20:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 3:21:09 PM PDT
Did you free up any space? Often the games have to install as well so they use more than the listed required space. It depends on the game.

For instance, I can't install one of my FF games because even though it's only around 1 gb, I need at least 2 gb on my PSP to be free for the install. May be the same for the Vita.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 3:07:31 PM PDT
For some strange reason my Vita is playing nice today and downloading the game.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 3:06:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 3:07:40 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
BTW looking at the buttons on my Vita and 3DS...the buttons are the same size. Although I haven't gotten out my ruler and measured down to the nearest mm. I do like the lil circle thumb pad on the 3DS better than the joysticks though overall the Vita is sturdier and more well made (it doesn't have hinges duh).

I forget who it was who was complaining about the buttons on the Vita...of all things!

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 11:33:28 AM PDT
In the case of Mod Nation Racers, I agree with Classic, you are missing nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 10:17:19 AM PDT
It's not an excuse. It's a fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 10:16:41 AM PDT
You mean taking away "features" like Linux, suff that nobody cares about?

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 9:55:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 10:08:10 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
@Jason .... did you already fill a 32gb card ?? yikes - time to break out the other one to get you MNR game .... I think Wipeout would be the superior racing game... minus of course the ability to customize much.

for the Vita owners - I need more friends to get trades / goodies. add me on PSN . same user ID exactly as here ... just put Amazon in the message . thanks . I've completed UGA but am still finishing mysteries & getting my trophies .... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 9:53:03 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
lol .... I am too unskilled to hack anything - also tend to want my hardware never to be banned / bricked, so never do anything illegal with it. I am more than willing to purchase my games, but was grouchy to lose Near - always gleeful to get a little goodie. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 9:52:33 AM PDT
That always seems to be the Sony fan's excuse, doesn't it? A year late and a dollar short.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012, 9:52:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 9:52:52 AM PDT
mattfixit says:
"My Vita seriously does not understand that 1.66GB is more than 1.5GB. "

turns out you need a larger specified buffer of space established, sold only by; and subject to change in order to benefit, Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 9:51:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012, 9:51:38 AM PDT
Your inability to hack the device was improved, saska, except not really at all! Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 9:49:36 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
yes, & when I took 1.66 it ruined Near for me ...it kept saying I wasn't sharing my ID, which after repeated checks of the settings - which said I was - I coudn't get any game goodies .... it is now seeing me again, but wonder what caused that .... have no idea what was improved with the update .... don't notice anything myself.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 4503 7 hours ago
More Bad PR For Xbox As Forza 7 Early Reviews Have Been A Disaster 33 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/18-9/24 49 7 hours ago
Nintendo "dramatically over delivered" on Switch supply - Reggie Fils-Aime 58 7 hours ago
Xbox X pre-orders back for the 2nd time and the X roars to #1 in less than a day curbstomping the Pro once again. 74 7 hours ago
Police seek 'mad pooper' woman jogger who's defecating shamelessly on people's front lawns 8 8 hours ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4282 8 hours ago
Xbox One X news - Microsoft teases forward compatibility for Project Scorpio 8 8 hours ago
Is The Xbox One X In Danger Of Being Dead On Arrival? 11 9 hours ago
Amazon is withholding physical copies of games to prevent preorder discount 101 9 hours ago
More troubling news for Msft? Phil Spencer gets huge promotion of Xbox gaming division. 66 10 hours ago
ps4 pro blue light of death? 7 12 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.