Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Next Gen Consoles and Used Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 10:32:04 AM PDT
Solid Sponge says:
Whatever console decides to cut used games is the one I'm NOT going to buy. So far it looks like Wii U is the only one without any rumors whatsoever about blocking used games. I think I'm going to pick up a PS3 and play all the games i missed out on and ride out my backlog until Next-gen consoles come down in price a little bit.

As far as prices coming down? No, PC games are still $60 and they can only be used once. The whole reason no used games is a possibility is because publishers/ console makers want the most money possible. So instead of actually doing that with a good game they choose to do it by screwing the customers. If no used games is true I will probably never buy another home console again, and just upgrade my PC as time goes on.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 10:03:03 AM PDT
I've learned that game prices will never probably never go down. All the reasons they give for games being 60 don't hold up when Steam new releases come out at 60 too. Remember when game companies said in-game ads would lower the price? Yeah, if we're lucky, they'll stay at 60 bucks.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 5:34:05 AM PDT
Jacob Dyer says:
I doubt they would do that, judging by the way they've handled downloadable games. You can't resell those yet they cost full retail and discounts and price cuts are very rare.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 5:31:41 AM PDT
Ronai Sanzer says:
even though used sales have nothing to do with studios putting out half baked games people will still wait for price drops on most things and find a way to play used retail disc. used has been around sense the dawn of computing entertainment. it is here to stay as it helps more then it hurts. what does hurt is piracy which also can never be done away with.

unless they do some 20xx stuff and it instantly kills the person that cracked it.

Initial post: Jul 4, 2012, 5:13:46 AM PDT
With the rumors of Next Gen Consoles trying to do away with used disc sales do you think that games will get cheaper in the future. Or would we be stuck paying a high price for a game that we can not trade in or sale off to someone else. If I am able to buy games cheap through a download service like with steam when they have their sales then it is all good. If they want full retail for the games I think that I would never buy a game on release again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Get your worms, bois! Fishing just went to a whole new level thanks to fishing planet on PS4 9 3 hours ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 25 3 hours ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft, Xbox One X LIMITED supply still in stock 4 4 hours ago
OT: Who poured red paint on Christopher Columbus' statue? 4 4 hours ago
Why Can't The Reddit Community Admit They Gave Up On Reddit And Are Posting On Other Forums? 0 4 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 31 4 hours ago
Dark Sun - Fantastic New Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 10 hours ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 31 10 hours ago
Is Killzone the worst FPS franchise of all-time? 7 12 hours ago
Fifa 18 for nintendo switch pre order status 7 13 hours ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4084 15 hours ago
Let's outlaw Naughty Dog because they make really crummy games. 3 18 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer