Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Gamestop's Double in-store credit when you trade any system Deal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012, 10:34:15 PM PDT
Yung says:
http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins
I didnt see a thread about this. Sorry if there's already one

I went to Gamestop today to trade in my fat 80gb ps3 & I received $180 after the deal was applied, not to shabby for a 4 year old console

I applied my credit towards the new Ultra Slim Ps3, now to download all those BF3 expansion packs again...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012, 10:36:19 PM PDT
C11Link says:
Damn. That's a good idea.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 1:36:33 AM PDT
Pick 34 says:
They had a vita credit at a $100 last time I looked. I'd take $200 trade in for since I don't play it much.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:03:38 AM PDT
Yung says:
I think the Vita's trade in value is $140 after the 100% bonus, but it depends if it's 3G/wi-fi

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:11:01 AM PDT
To they take consoles that dont work properly? I have a fat PS3 with a burned out blu-ray drive.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:15:33 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Maybe the best time to dump the Wii and the Elite 120Gb 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 8:20:33 AM PDT
Yung says:
I think Gamestop gives a lower trade-in for consoles that need to be refurbished, but I'd take it in to verify

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:21:50 AM PDT
klopas says:
Why don't people just sell their stuff on Craigslist and make like $50 more than Gamestop would give?

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:23:01 AM PDT
Him says:
Too much trouble.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 8:23:16 AM PDT
That would be assuming everyone lives in a city big enough to have a proper Craiglist.
I sure as hell don't

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 8:47:14 AM PDT
Yung says:
I doubt there would be a demand for an old fat 80gb ps3 even on Craigslist...They usually wanted the latest tech for dirt cheap

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 8:48:44 AM PDT
klopas says:
Gotcha, that stinks... It's a great service, and I've had nothing but good experiences with people I've bought/sold stuff from.

The only console I've ever traded in for credit was back in Amazon's video game deal glory days when they were tacking on tons of trade-in bonuses and pretty much every pre-order game had a $20 credit.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 8:54:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012, 8:57:41 AM PDT
Rons Mkay says:
They do take off a service fee if the system doesn't work, but for a ps3 it's only $30 or $40 off the overall trade in value (which is not bad at all for a system needing a BRD replacement). This is the only good trade in deal they offer, and I would jump all over it if I was sitting on a system that I was not in need of.

Off of the GS website: "Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 9:10:53 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
ever heard of the Craigslist Cereal killer and the rapist.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 9:34:47 AM PDT
Yung says:
Cereal killer? Are you for CE-real? Lol no I've never heard of them

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 2:37:57 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
So they lowered their trade in for this promo, not that it was unexpected. Last week's vita trade in was $100

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012, 2:38:40 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
Yeah, they do, even if it's something like the disk tray sticking when you push the button.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012, 11:46:25 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
trade in value for the Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect $190. Im going today and get the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle for my son. I bought the 4GB for $200 during last year's Black Friday and he needs a hard drive.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Could'nt Find Anything On Russia, Now It's Back To The Race Card 4 42 seconds ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2502 2 minutes ago
It's happening! Alt-left site Vice Magazine advocates for a terror attack against Mt Rushmore. 5 17 minutes ago
Xbox One X Losses Huge Exclsive Because Of Poor Reception, We Happy Few Announced For PS4. 9 19 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4079 26 minutes ago
amazon prime gamers, check your orders!!! 2 27 minutes ago
There's a Colonel Sanders statue on my way to work. He is against beef. 23 55 minutes ago
Limited Run Games: Lili Child of Geos and N++ On Sale At 10 AM EST 0 1 hour ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 17 1 hour ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 10 1 hour ago
4K Conan Exiles Xbox One Port Coming August 16, Playstation 4 Comes Later 15 1 hour ago
Big PS4 Update 5.0 Officially Revealed, Here's What It Does 10 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.