Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Microsoft to make "major" announcement on Monday (06/18)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-37 of 37 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:25:36 PM PDT
Didn't we already know that MS was doing that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:30:36 PM PDT
Garion suggested it yesterday. Not sure if he knew or not, though :/

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:37:49 PM PDT
What I mean is, hasn't the news that MS was going to sell their own branded tablets been out for a while now? I distinctly remember holding off on an Android tablet because I wanted to know if the MS tablets would offer XBL.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 2:48:53 PM PDT
raul says:
microsoft is going out of busness for good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:50:19 PM PDT
hmmm... that I'm not sure. I just saw the news about it at phonearena but didn't bother to check the date...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:50:26 PM PDT
Yea I thought that was announced when Microsoft made a big deal about Windows 8 being used on all their platforms including tablets.

Hey look another announcement from Microsoft no one cares about.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 2:55:26 PM PDT
Probably not as doom and gloom, but I wonder how exactly they're going to pull this off. Microsoft is primarily a software company. Sure they're huge and they have big business muscles to flex, but part of what makes apple so successful is how they integrate themselves at every level of the supply chain needed to make their shiny new toys. They make such ironclad deals with suppliers and manufacturers that they usually secure the best prices by muscling other companies out from doing business with their suppliers.

Microsoft as the article points out, primarily relied on other companies to do the hardware heavy-lifting, and then they swoop in and supply all the softwarey bits. I'm curious to see how they're going to solve the "hardware" part of the tablet creation process now that they seem to be going it alone.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 2:56:44 PM PDT
Ok. Apparently the "big" news is that Microsoft will be going into the tablet industry for themselves, the way Apple works at the moment.

No other tablet will feature Windows 8 even though Microsoft had given the option to companies such as Toshiba, HP etc. before.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 3:01:10 PM PDT
MS will announce the Cablebox360, which will feature each and every single cable channel available worldwide, for a fee (on top of XBL Gold fees, of course.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 3:04:20 PM PDT
After which you will still have that strange crush/obsession with the Xbox 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 3:07:09 PM PDT
Strangelove
Strange highs and strange lows
Strangelove
That's how my love goes
Strangelove
Will you give it to me
Will you take the pain
I will give to you
Again and again
And will you return it?

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 3:09:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012, 3:15:39 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Come on guys, we all know what it will be. Microsoft will announce that they are getting out of the buisness of having exclusives for their consoles. Oh that's right, they started that years ago.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 26 2 hours ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 20 3 hours ago
Final Fantasy XIV summer DLC promo 49 3 hours ago
It's happening! Alt-left site Vice Magazine advocates for a terror attack against Mt Rushmore. 14 5 hours ago
There's a Martin Luther King statue on my way to work. He was against gay marriage! 7 5 hours ago
Music That Inspires You To Play Videogames In 2017 168 7 hours ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 17 8 hours ago
OT: USC's Traveler, Mascot (Horse), one of the coolest mascots, was named after Robert E. Lee 10 9 hours ago
Limited Run Games: Lili Child of Geos and N++ On Sale At 10 AM EST 2 9 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2584 10 hours ago
OT: What's the difference between 'The Left' tearing down Confederate statutes and ISIS tearing down Historical statutes? 34 10 hours ago
Could'nt Find Anything On Russia, Now It's Back To The Race Card 5 11 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.