Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Babies in movie theatres

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 101 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 8, 2012, 5:29:47 AM PDT
T-Bone 2.0 says:
Hah this thread helps remind me of why I invested in a home theater system.

I will never ever pay one cent to let other people ruin my movie experience.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 5:33:07 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
The right crowd really can enhance the movie experience for me. We saw the movie with a packed house and it was incredible. The cheering, the clapping, a full theater laughing at the same quips. I love it. That's what I miss about seeing these movies at midnight shows.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 5:35:36 AM PDT
T-Bone 2.0 says:
Meh I'd rather watch it at home with a cold beer, company I can pick and the ability to pause the movie for snacks / bathroom breaks.

I simply don't enjoy the whole movie theater experience.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 5:39:48 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
To each their own.

Posted on May 8, 2012, 5:50:01 AM PDT
After about 30 years of going to the movies in the NYC area I would have to agree that it's just not worth it. I'll wait 6 or 8 months or whatever the time frame is and watch the movie at home.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 5:51:33 AM PDT
I am just cheap and don't want to pay 30 bucks to watch a movie :/

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 5:54:52 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
'Course if you're really cheap the theater's quickly ruling itself out as an option as well... Can't believe the prices are still rising there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 6:48:06 AM PDT
I'm enjoying the theater experience less and less.

I forgot to mention, in addition to the crying baby and annoying chatty guy sitting next to me, this lady was standing up in the row in front of mine, blocking my view during the previews. I finally had to stand up and ask the lady to please sit down. She finally did, but jeez have some common f'ing courtesy! People are so d#@% rude at the theater that I'm getting to the point where I hate going. Oh and let's not forget that it's impossible to not see cell phone lights during a movie anymore. The dude in front of me took out his phone to check something a couple times and I felt like grabbing it out of his hands and smashing it into a million pieces.

Posted on May 8, 2012, 6:49:43 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
This is why I just wait 3 months for the Blu-Ray release and buy it for cheaper than 2 tickets and snacks at the theater.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 7:06:54 AM PDT
I go that route for most movies since I have a nice set-up in my media/game room, but for big ones like The Avengers, I'd like to have a good theater experience. That doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's become a joke with a buddy of mine who I see most of the comic book movies with, "Okay, which person or persons in this theater is gonna f-up the experience for us? Any bets on that guy?"

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 7:07:13 AM PDT
You know, I don't have these problems because I focus on the movie. It's kind of like those people who can't sleep if there is even the slightest bit of noise. I used to read in the cafeteria at high school among other things.

Some people can tone everything out and focus, other people are at the whims of the environment around them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 7:35:16 AM PDT
I can tune some things out, but when someone is talking loud and there is a glaring cell phone light right next to you, it's difficult to ignore. It seems like cell phones and social media have turned a lot of people into discourteous a-holes at the theater. Why go to a movie if you're gonna text the whole time or check for the latest twitter updates or facebook postings?

Posted on May 8, 2012, 7:50:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012, 7:51:34 AM PDT
A big drawback of going to the McCheesie Theater during a SCARY MOVIE like SCREAM....is that you might even die!

Posted on May 8, 2012, 7:56:02 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
WHAT SICK MAN BRING BABIES TO FIGHT ME?

Posted on May 8, 2012, 8:02:12 AM PDT
So if I go to the movies it is usually when the movie has been out for a while and it won't be as crowded. When I do that, I usually get the people that like to sit directly in front of me, next to me, or behind me when the ENTIRE theater is open. Never fails.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 8:21:45 AM PDT
Who wouldn't want to sit next to the suave Billy Zane? Speaking of super hero movies, you were the bomb in The Phantom. When does The Phantom 2 come out?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 8:24:07 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Pretty much - baby + movie tickets, especially 3D add up quick.

Still, movies theaters and babies don't mix (and I'm not one of those babies shouldn't be where adults are snobs that seem to be popular nowadays).

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 8:24:11 AM PDT
Sorry, I have been too busy working on my greatest film to date! Scorpion King 3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 8:28:37 AM PDT
I'll be there on day one! With my baby!

Posted on May 8, 2012, 8:37:42 AM PDT
Fidel Amaya says:
We went to see Titanic 3D and there were no babies there when we got there. A couple minutes before the movie actually started this couple comes in with a baby and 7 year old(He didnt look older than 10). They were in there 10 minutes when someone from the theater asked them to leave because they were disrupting the film. IDK how people think its ok for Babies to be in a theater!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 8:39:49 AM PDT
Hahaha...Me too!!! And I'll be breast feeding!

Posted on May 8, 2012, 9:15:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012, 9:16:00 AM PDT
mattfixit says:
since you can't fix stupid, I want a soundproof nano-bubble shield that encompasses and mutes babies during movies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 9:20:51 AM PDT
"movies theaters and babies don't mix"

not true, you just need a bigger blender.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 9:29:12 AM PDT
mattfixit says:
and sharper blades

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012, 9:55:55 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
WILL

IT

BLEND?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Only one console on the market capable of "TRUE 4K" Destiny 2, bois! PS4 Greatness! 2 31 minutes ago
Huge Xbox losses hidden by patent royalties, Microsft lost 2 billion in the Xbox division. 7 32 minutes ago
Nintendo Switch impressions 408 1 hour ago
A simple question about Bloodborne 78 2 hours ago
More bad PR for Sony, their censorship has gone too far 12 3 hours ago
Axiom Verge up for preorders 8 3 hours ago
Xbox Business Is Growing Profitably, Says Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella causing a D meltdown. 27 4 hours ago
What 3 games do you care most about in the near future? 44 5 hours ago
this lack of xbox exclusives is a bad decision by microsoft 2 5 hours ago
PS4 and Switch Sales Are Revitalizing the Console Market 1 6 hours ago
Weekend Gaming 7/21-7/23 24 6 hours ago
Avengers infinity war trailer 6 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  101
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  May 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer