Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Sony leading worldwide console sales with the PS3 in 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 179 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 1, 2012, 1:36:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2012, 1:39:58 PM PDT
360 has sold a couple more million units then the PS3 this gen. But those consoles are dead. Rotting in a landfill somewhere. PS3/360 are pretty much dead even. Wii won by a landslide so kudos to Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 1:50:05 PM PDT
JWK says:
Yeah, good call.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:01:04 PM PDT
John McClane says:
The Just Dance fanbase isn't irritable?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:02:33 PM PDT
JWK says:
They're too busy dancing to care.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:04:48 PM PDT
I challenge anyone to dance and be irritable at the same time, it fixes EVERYTHING!

Footloose

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:13:00 PM PDT
This best games argument is ridiculous as well.

I like Sony exclusives the best. I like Uncharted more than any of the other exclusives on the xbox.

But, I have to say this........the xbox exclusives get more hours spent playing them......far, far more at my house.

I haven't put Uncharted or God of War back in since I beat the campaigns. I love campaigns and this is why I prefer the Sony exclusives (they have better campaigns imo). But, the xbox exclusives have far more longevity from my perspective. I still play Halo Reach......still. My kids play Halo and Gears online all the time. They never touch Uncharted multiplayer......or any PS3 exclusive multiplayer to be totally frank.

I have to agree with my boys too........Halo/Gears multiplayer is just better than any Sony exclusive's multiplayer. This is HUGE when you are talking about who has the best exclusives. How many hours get put into Killzone vs. Halo? It isn't close if one is honest with themselves.

I get 20ish hours of gameplay out of the average Sony exclusive while I get 100+ (Gears) or even 300+ hours (Halo) out of the main Xbox exclusives. Basically, I need Sony to give me 5 exclusives for every 1 Microsoft gives me in order to give me the same number of hours of useful gameplay.

What am I saying? Microsoft is more efficient.......you get more bang per exclusive.......

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:23:57 PM PDT
Admiral55 says:
I wouldn't know, since I don't care about sales figures.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012, 2:30:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2012, 2:41:55 PM PDT
PS3 exclusives are not objectively better than 360 exclusives, or vice versa. Neither do 360 exclusives have objectively better multiplayer than PS3 exclusives, or vice versa. It's entirely subjective. I own both and I have Gears 3 as well as Uncharted 3, and I personally got very bored with Gears 3's multiplayer. Meanwhile, I'm still playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer and replaying the campaign in different difficulties. The only thing that I felt Gears 3 did better than Uncharted 3 was co-op. I still play Halo: Reach as well as Killzone 3 from time to time.

In general though, I really do play and use my PS3 much more than my 360 because IMO it has the better game library and more innovative multiplayer titles (among other reasons). Sony gives just as much bang for the buck with its line-up (more so IMO since multiplayer is actually free). They just don't cater to you personally. Treating your opinions like they're facts will get you nowhere and it only serves to paint you as a fangirl. =]

Posted on May 2, 2012, 6:25:16 AM PDT
Come on Fish Daddy.

Anybody who has ever read my posts has to know I'm no fan boy or fan girl of any console.

I just call it like I see it. I've also spent more time on the PS3 the last few months than I have the xbox due to a variety of reasons......none of which having to do with which console is better than the other.

I agree that it is purely a matter of opinion. IMO, the PS3 exclusives are better......they just don't last as long gameplay wise. No big deal to me since I love campaigns.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 7:05:24 AM PDT
John McClane says:
We've already established you have bad taste and that's a fact.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 7:07:31 AM PDT
I honestly don't have a console preference, I push Nintendo on the forums because it drives fanboys crazy. But really I have all three consoles and wouldn't want to go without any of them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 7:10:40 AM PDT
M. McFly says:
But really I have all three consoles and wouldn't want to go without any of them.
I had all 3 of them and am down to a 360. Looking forward when I can put that to bed as well. Its been a great generation but I have moved on. Ipad 3 is getting a lot more attention these days...

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:41:48 AM PDT
Sorry, I thought you were being a fangirl. My bad! :P

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:42:06 AM PDT
Can you prove this fact?

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:54:28 AM PDT
Fish,

I'd like to see a post of yours talking good about the xbox or their games at some point.

I'd hate for someone to think you are a fanboy.

Me thinks you need a little more balance in your posts as you come off as a PS3 guy in every thread I've ever seen you post in.

I worry that someone might not think you are really a fan of both consoles.

I would be a fangirl but, alas, I am not a member of the fairer sex. I'll just have to make do being a fanboy until I can afford an operation I suppose.

;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:59:33 AM PDT
I honestly prefer my PS3 over my 360. That's not being a fangirl though. That's just having a different opinion (same goes if you prefer your 360 over your PS3). Being a fangirl is treating your own prefferences like they're facts, by my definition anyway.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 9:12:02 AM PDT
You have your on particular definition of fangirl/fanboy then which is totally unrelated to the term's common use.

I think this is where the problem is coming in......just my opinion.

;)

Here is the actual definition of a fanboy according to merriam-webster

fan·boy noun \ˈfan-ˌbȯi\

Definition of FANBOY

: a boy who is an enthusiastic devotee (as of comics or movies)

From Wiki.....

Fanboy is a term used to describe a male who is highly devoted and biased in opinion towards a single subject or hobby within a given field.

The term fangirl can be used to describe a female member of a fandom community (counterpart to the masculine "fanboy").

I hope this clears things up and limits confusion going forward.

:-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:13:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012, 10:49:41 AM PDT
Based on how fanboys/fangirls are classified here, that is most definitely not the VGF's definition.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:25:55 AM PDT
Jacob Dyer says:
The time is at hand, when the PS3 crushes that pathetic 360 beneath its heal, and takes its rightful place as the second highest selling console on the market. Tremble, X Box owners, at the fate that awaits you!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:42:20 AM PDT
Ah, I see clearly now.

The problem is me using the common definition of fanboy/fangirl and not your changing the definition to suit your tastes.

I'll try to adjust. It would be most helpful if you'd let me know when you are about to change the definition of a word going forward prior to doing so. In this way we won't have confusion over the meanings of words after you have changed their normal definition.

I wonder if every forum on the internet also has their own, specific to that forum definition of the term "fanboy/fangirl?"

Let's hope not....

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:49:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012, 10:53:10 AM PDT
...But I didn't change anything to suit my tastes though. I'm just saying that it doesn't sound like that's the definition most people on these threads go by. Nate is an enthusiastic PC gamer and he's not considered a fanboy (well, i don't consider him one anyway). =I

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 12:10:26 PM PDT
Its fine to have a preference. I would say, however, that it is a little strange that you claim to enjoy all consoles, but I don't recall ever having seen you say anything particularly favorable about the 360. indeed, when someone posts something pretty indisputable (like the fact that the 360 version of MAss Effect 2 is superior because the ability to import your character from the first game is a big deal) you often try to argue the point. I make no secret about the fact that I slightly prefer my 360, however, I think you will find almost as many posts by me praising Sony games that I've played and enjoyed. And, when someone says that Uncharted is a great series, I don't feel the need to interject anything to qualify that statement. I will simply agree and say that I love the Uncharted games too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 12:15:12 PM PDT
Actually, on multiple occasions mind you, I've stated that the entire Mass Effect trilogy is better off on the 360 for those very reasons you stated. I only argued that Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is technically more impressive IMO. I've also argued that it's easier to join games with friends on Xbox Live, that Gears 3 has better co-op than Uncharted 3, and that Halo is the best FPS franchise ever. I don't get what you mean by interjecting though.
Your reply to SuperSaiyan3Jedi's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 4:02:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012, 4:25:11 PM PDT
which means what? Profits...thank you

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012, 8:08:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012, 8:09:14 AM PDT
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/wii-u-wiiu-nintendo-controller-e3,news-11451.html

"it (WiiU) has an optical disc drive. Kotaku confirmed with Nintendo that the storage media will be capable of holding 25GB, which definitely points to a single layer Blu-ray Disc. Nintendo, however, likely won't be touting any licensed movie playback, so don't even expect the company to ever refer to the media as Blu-ray Disc.

When the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 launched five years ago, Sony's inclusion of an expensive Blu-ray drive seemed wasteful compared to Microsoft's DVD approach. Now, however, with games like LA Noire that ship on a single disc for the PS3 while spanning 3 DVDs on the Xbox 360, it's no wonder that Nintendo made the choice to go with the blue-violet laser."
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 1696 4 seconds ago
why do people defend nintendo? 23 45 seconds ago
Weekly Gaming 7/24-7/27 34 26 minutes ago
OT: IT - Official Trailer 1 aka You'll float too 2 31 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3966 31 minutes ago
What 3 games do you care most about in the near future? 55 32 minutes ago
Axiom Verge up for preorders 13 34 minutes ago
this lack of xbox exclusives is a bad decision by microsoft 38 1 hour ago
So what's the next big let down 34 1 hour ago
mass meltdown from leftists ensues as trump declares transgender troops will not serve in the military 81 1 hour ago
Shadow Of The Beast 0 1 hour ago
OT: What's the first thing you think of when you hear, ''Donald J. Trump''? 14 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  May 1, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer