I find myself missing our old arguments about things like whether a watch winder is necessary or whether MSRP conveys meaningful information. I'm not sure why I miss them since as I recall I lost both of those, but I do.
So I'd like to open a thread for silly horological arguments by the old f@rts. It is, of course, also open to all the young f@rts and new f@rts out there, as long as you are old at heart.
Some potential topics:
1. Is Swatch Group acting ethically in restricting wholesale distribution of its ETA movements? Is it acting wisely?
2. We have been shown that the Chinese can make high quality movements. Per Tony's post on the "Experts" thread, would it be unwise to rely on them to do so? In other words, is it unwise to use Sea-Gull as your source of movement supply? How much QC would you need to do? Is anyone familiar with Sea-Gull's business ethics?
3. To Rolex, or not to Rolex? Pros and cons of that most controversial of watch brands. (Well, maybe second most controversial.)
4. If that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die, does Cthulhu wear a watch and if so, what brand?
5. Is it plausible, as Hitth suggests in the Invicta community, that the criticism of Invicta is a conspiracy by the Japanese to run them out of the market? I don't think this question is any sillier than the one immediately before it.
Nota bene: For those who were not privileged to witness the debates among the old f@rts, they were quite vigorous but were always characterized by personal respect for the other forum participants, even while the differences of opinion could be quite forceful. I would hope we'll maintain the same standard.
Recent discussions in the Watches forum (641 discussions)
|Tag Heuer repair service -- are they ripping us off?||50||3 days ago|
|What are you wearing ?||8801||5 days ago|
|anybody bought a replica watch?||85||7 days ago|
|How much is normal to change a watch battery?||21||27 days ago|
|Buying a watch on Amazon: is it safe?||55||27 days ago|
|Authentic Watch Store - Fake or real?||46||Jul 19, 2017|
|Watchsavings, Tissot||10||Jun 30, 2017|
|Bulova precisionist 98b142||20||Jun 29, 2017|
|Cyclos Day & Night Parity Review||395||Jun 14, 2017|
|why so many watches are heavily discounted in amazon?||98||Jun 4, 2017|
|Aquaswiss watches?||83||Jun 2, 2017|
|Belair watches||31||May 25, 2017|