Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Weight Loss forum

I am following a healthy diet, exercising and I am gaining weight!! What am I doing wrong???!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 159 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 28, 2012, 3:40:39 PM PST
Margaret says:
Hello kelly,
One reason we can't lose weight as we age is that sex hormones decline. I lost 50 pounds on the Perfect 10 diet by Dr. Michael Aziz. Give it a shot.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012, 4:08:07 PM PST
Esselstyn + Google

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012, 6:59:55 PM PST
Livia says:
According to "Mastering Leptin" the habit of eating many small meals does NOT serve us in our fat-burning quest. Timing meals five to six hours apart ( and never within three hours of bedtime) DOES. Sleeping regularly and long DOES. Depending on how hard you are exercising, you may be putting on muscle faster than you are losing fat....unless you are over-exercising and not letting your muscles heal between workouts. It is common for exercise to stimulate your hunger so that you defeat yourself by a little over-eating. I find that doing a NIA workout is the only workout that tames my hunger. You might get some great tips from Timothy Ferris' book "The Four Hour Diet," especially his before/afters of people who tried his slow-carb-plus-kettlebell routine. He has some pretty cutting edge info on ways to eat without gaining weight. You might also look into T-Tapp as another tried-and-proven exercise system, and for her God-Made/Man-Made eating plan (which naturally helps you to do that cutting edge thing called carb cycling to help keep you out of weight loss plateaus). It is also a mind-body anti-aging highly efficient form of exercise that exercises multiple muscle groups at the same time, and exercises every layer of muscle, pumps your lymphatic system, gets you into an aerobic state, lowers blood sugar, and much more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012, 8:44:57 PM PST
Hi BookLass...you are most welcome! I love your name, btw, because I love books. Would rather be reading or writing than anything.

Definitely contact me, any time, either in the Facebook group http://tinyurl.com/c6onp9t or on my wall http://tinyurl.com/66u4bd3

You mentioned low carb & vegan - good choices! - but we also emphasize avoiding saturated fat & cholesterol. That's where the wonder of plant protein comes in...

And now, since it's 11:41 ET, I shall roll over and...read! Hooray for books! Contact me anytime, I'd love to hear from you. Above all, don't fret. Losing weight and gaining health...people have overcomplicated it, you'll be fine... :)

Posted on Jan 29, 2012, 3:11:13 PM PST
Paul Dunbar says:
Depending on how much you exercise and lift weights you could be gaining muscle, and muscle weighs a lot more then fat. Don't worry about what the scale says anyways because it can be wrong. The reason is because you may be losing fat but gaining muscle (muscle weighs more than fat) and the scale can't tell the difference so it looks like you are gaining weight. Trust me gaining muscle is a good thing even if the scale tells you you are gaining weight.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012, 4:23:42 PM PST
Booklass says:
One thing I find ironic is that the my Dad would tell me to work up an appetite by working on the farm and "waiting until dinner". Now, we call this diet and exercise. It is very hard to "diet and exercise" because exercise always makes me ravenous. That does not mean I do not think it is important, but I have to wonder how effective a "good workout" is to cutting back on calories, should that be the avenue being taken.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2012, 3:57:30 AM PST
Well, you are probably building your muscle mass.
Muscle weighs more than fat.
The difference is that muscle is more useful, and will also burn calories!

You might have this initial weight gain, but I am betting anything that if you are not eating "low fat" foods,
you'll see a reversal to losing very soon, once your body gets used to the new muscle. Don't go by the scale
alone - it doesn't determine your health. If your body fat has gone down and muscle gone up, you are healthier
no matter what number the slave, er, scale says!

And DON'T eat low or nonfat foods - when they remove all the fat, they replace the fat with sugar.
Anyone seriously ever read a Yoplait yogurt label? You might as well have ice cream.
Just eat the real thing, just less of it, and be satiated (sp?). The fake stuff just leaves you wanting more.

Adkins is okay, but you might have more success on Protein Power. Sounds like your body type responds well
to limiting your carb intake. Just give yourself one day a week when you DON'T count carbs and eat what you
want. It will keep your body from going into a starvation mode and hanging on to fat for future use! It also helps with boredom. The low carb doesn't mean boring any more. There are so many more recipes now than when I first tried it.
I lost weight, but got to the point of boredom that never left with meats, cheeses and eggs! Since you are 46, the metabolism isn't what it used to be, but truly, it sounds like your body is just in an adjustment period because of the workouts. I don't know what the Abs diet for women includes, but if you cut out white flour, white rice and limit your carbs, you'll see changes.

Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job - good for you!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012, 9:43:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 2, 2012, 9:47:03 PM PST
spookiewon says:
Are you counting your calories, both in and out? Weight loss is achieved by eating less than you burn. Unless you know what those numbers are, how do you know you should be losing? To lose two pounds a week you need to eat 1000 calories less every day than you burn off. A healthy 46 year old woman burns about 1800 to 2000 calories just sitting there, with no exercise. Maybe another 300 calories for an hour of weightlifting, depending on your weight now and fitness level. You should never eat less that 1200 calories no matter what, because this can cause tour body to think it's starving to death and simply slow your metabolism to conserve calories.

You really need to get yourself a good heart rate monitor Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor or Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor or fitness monitor (like a BodyMedia FIT, BodyBugg, or FitBit) BodyMedia FIT Advantage Armband Weight Management System , Fitness Wholesale BUG100 Bodybugg Program with Armband or Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue and start tracking what you eat with a site like My Fitness Pal or Livestrong's The Daily Plate. FitBit and My Fitness Pal can be linked to work together automatically. And you need a food scale Taylor Biggest Loser 6.6 Pounds Kitchen Scale with Glass Platform to actually measure the food you eat. Most of us eat a lot more than we think we do, and a scale allows you to count more exactly. Using these should allow you to really lose weight permanently!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012, 7:27:43 PM PDT
I would love to chat with you and know exactly what your diet consists of each day. Please email me and i will help out greatly and get you to your goal weight and help you to maintain it. www.woodward.matthew@comcast.net my name is Matthew

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 9:21:55 AM PDT
Rino Soriano says:
Hi Brynn, my name is Rino and I specialize in helping people to discover the True facts of weight gain and how to lose the weight safely and efficiently via a holistic process. You see, most weight loss paradigms out there are not going to get you results because they are not following the way a human body is designed to function. Obviously, as you and millions of people have proven over and over again, the diets and other limit your fat and calories paradigms do not get lasting results. There is a main reason why and that is what I teach my clients.

When you discover the Truth then you can go about getting results but you have to know what is going on within your body and you require to learn what body type you are and then structure a holistic nutrition lifestyle that suits you and your unique body type and also your unique mental, emotional and spiritual makeup.

The diets and weight loss paradigms are actually making people fatter and they are unhealthy to a human body. Again, look at life and your results from following such misinformation...if something is True then it should validate itself. As you and millions of people have proven, the diets and the so-called weight loss solutions actually alter your metabolism to burn calories slower and so now the next time you start ingesting higher calories, you put weight on quickly.

You require to know how to reset your metabolism and also how to structure a holistic nutrition lifestyle. This is actually so easy yet because of all the hype and scams out there and the misinformation that is being repeated over and over again...people are confused just as yourself when you have attempted to follow these erroneous concepts and by doing so make yourself fatter and then getting frustrated.

I am willing to gift you my book that I have just completed because I feel that the information I write is required by many because it shall finally reveal to people why they can't get the weight off and what to do to get if off easily, permanently and safely in a holistic manner.

So, I can send you my book, all I ask is that you give me some honest feedback and leave me an honest review on Amazon as to provide an honest from your heart review that will help others make a decision that can finally help them to lose the weight in a holistic way.

I am passionate about helping people and this whole weight gain/weight loss mystery can be finally revealed for what it is...it is not a mystery and complex...it is only so because of all the misinformation being presented as Truth. Again, life reveals that the so called weight loss solutions are not solutions but are part of the weight gain problem. These so called weight loss solutions have made more and more people fatter in the past 15 years. They are erroneous and unhealthy because they do not honor how the body is supposed to function. They cause the body to go in survival mode and alter your metabolism which is not a healthy thing.

Again, there is a holistic way to go about losing the weight and keeping it off. It is actually so simple that most people miss it because they believe the SCAMS out there telling them to limit fat and calories....well, so much for that paradigm because millions of people have followed that and have not lost the weight so something isn't right wouldn't you say???

Well Brynn, I would love to speak to you about this topic some more, for now I shall love to send you my book because I am here to help people to finally resolve this weight loss mystery. Simply reply and let me know where I may send you the book via email.

Thanks and enjoy your day

Rino

Fat Busters: How To Vaporize Fat and Cellulite For A Healthier and Slimmer You (Volume 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012, 3:27:20 PM PDT
Jessica H. says:
Raspberry Ketone: Nature's Miracle Fat Burner

Raspberry Ketone Fat-burner in a Bottle (60 Count) - GMP Certified for Quality and Purity - Made in USA

While many people have head of Raspberry Ketone and if you haven't already, you probably will soon. Raspberry Ketone is fast gaining buzz all over the internet as a one of the hottest supplements around thanks in big part to Dr. Mehmet Oz who has recently talked about the supplement on his daytime television show referring to it as a miracle fat-burner.

The most surprising part about this is that Raspberry Ketone is nothing new to speak of. In fact the FDA cleared Raspberry Ketone as generally safe for consumption back in 1965 and it has been used to add both raspberry flavoring and aroma to many of the foods we already eat today. However, it has been recently discovered that Raspberry Ketone, when taken in large doses of up to 1000mg per day or more can burn fat by "slicing up" the fat cells as Lisa Lynn, guest and exercise guru on the Dr. Oz show put it. It also can increase norepinephrin and raise the metabolism as well as increase the levels of adiponectin, a naturally occurring hormone found in the human body that has been shown in clinical studies to increase the body's ability to burn fat and keep it from regaining again.

Now after hearing about this, the skeptics may be saying "Well if it's so good, why don't I just eat a bunch or raspberries." Well according to Dr. Oz and Lisa Lynn, to get even 100mg per day of Raspberry Ketone, one would have to eat nearly 90lbs of red raspberries every day. Even if you were actually able to do it once, never mind the hundreds of dollars it would actually cost, just to take a full dose, all the sugar from the raspberries, coupled with the high amounts of pollution if you didn't eat organic berries would end up negating literally all the effects of the actual Raspberry Ketone enzyme.

What is the Best Raspberry Ketone Supplement?

Okay, so now that I've convinced you of the effects of raspberry ketone, which one do you try?

That's almost as tough a question as the first one. With the boosting of the raspberry ketone supplement, dozens of companies are coming out with their own formulas. Unfortunately a lot of these companies use low quality ingredients and fillers to cut down on costs, making the process of figuring out which supplement to choose rather difficult. So what's the best raspberry ketone supplement? There are a few good ones but the most effective brand available is hands down Raspberry Ketone by Nature's Diet Store. Their blend Raspberry Ketone is the only concentrated raspberry ketone formula currently available. It's all natural, there is nothing but 500mg of pure, concentrated raspberry ketone in this supplement, and 250mg of pure Green Tea Extract, both are clinically proven to help in your weight loss efforts, it is all natural and has absolutely no side effects. Plus our Raw materials are sourced within the USA, and are of the Purest Quality to be Certified by the FDA's GMP Standards. Don't settle for less, Demand Quality!

We are the only authorized reseller on Amazon for this excellent Raspberry Ketone Fat-Burner supplement. For more information and to purchase your supply, please visit our product page by following this link:

Raspberry Ketone Fat-burner in a Bottle (60 Count) - GMP Certified for Quality and Purity - Made in USA

Posted on Oct 25, 2012, 4:01:05 PM PDT
dogmommy9 says:
For the past couple of months, I have been taking NatureWise Green Coffee Bean Extract and finding it is working without any side effects, no jitters as it has only 20mg of caffeine compared to an 8oz cup of Starbucks at 180mg. You can find it on Amazon.

My son and I are both disabled and know how difficult it is to not gain weight (let alone lose it) when you cannot exercise.

Right now they are giving away a full 30 day supply for free and no shipping charges at
healthyforlifeonline.com

Their Amazon info:
Green Coffee Bean Extract 800 with GCA - 100% Pure All Natural Weight Loss Supplement for All Body Types. Full 30-Day Supply. Double Strength 800mg. 60 Caps. Zero Fillers, Zero Binders, Zero Artificial Ingredients

I lost 10 pounds in 1 month, stayed the same for about 2 weeks and now have begun losing again. This one is easy!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012, 1:28:32 PM PDT
Swedey says:
You are sure cranking the books out fast. And not one review on any of them. No wonder why you're spamming the forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012, 12:18:44 PM PST
stefanie296 says:
Brynn,

Have you had luck? If not, take a look at this book: Go Take a Walk: Lose Weight and Get Healthy

You can borrow it free if you're an Amazon prime member. The book has sections that talk about what to do when hitting the wall, or reaching a plateau, which is your situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 3:19:50 PM PST
Q. Lohar says:
Hi Try cutting out wheat, bread pasta and such, I know it's hard but wheat products blow you up. Along with your exrecise try Green Coffee Bean to loose weight. http://mhlnk.com/6DCE0E17?cid= 891593 This has helped me, Good luck

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 3:22:53 PM PST
Q. Lohar says:
Has anyone tried Green Coffee Bean http://mhlnk.com/6DCE0E17?cid= 891593

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 4:28:01 PM PST
Sam Payne says:
Losing weight is just as much about exercise as it is diet. Not all exercise is created equal. A must for losing weight is 20 minutes of cardio a day at your target heart rate. It is also not a bad idea to target trouble spots like the thighs. The diet is very important but only half the battle. Check out this webpage http://www.how-to-lose-weight-hq.com/thigh-slimming-exercises.html it is informative and should prove to be helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 7:34:41 PM PST
Stop weighing yourself! Muscle weighs much more than fat! See a doctor that is involved with Functional Medicine. (See, www.FunctionalMedicine.org) We all need the same nutrients but not in the same amounts, or from the same kinds of foods. Again, do not look at your weight. Pay attention to your feelings. Emotions have a great deal to do with how our body functions. The brain talks to the heart, and the heart talks to the brain. I am not being coy. That is what happens on a molecular level. (See, www.primaltherapy.com) Do you take: Carnitine Fumarate? Co-Q-10, as Ubiquinol? Magnesium Glycinate? A good book is, "The Carnitine Miracle" by Robert Crayhon, M.S. Good luck! Stay off the scale and feel your muscular strength improve. Oh, one more thing, are you a woman of large bones or small. We cannot change our frame, only our frame of mind.<[:-)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012, 10:23:57 PM PST
WIC says:
I am afraid to overwhelm you with more suggestions, so I will ask have you found Solid Help?

www.holisticfitnesshelp.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:25:39 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:26:16 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:26:34 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:26:45 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:15 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:26:55 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:16 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 7:27:06 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012, 7:39:17 PM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Weight Loss forum (325 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Weight Loss forum
Participants:  105
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2011
Latest post:  May 13, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers