Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Western forum

The Virginian

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2012, 10:15:55 AM PST
Math Rules says:
If you want the series The Virginian brought back to Encore Westerns Channel please respond. Why does programming always take off the best shows????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012, 9:37:25 AM PST
CrissC says:
I am responding for my 85 year old parents and my 86 yr old aunt..that watched it RELIGIOUSLY every night!! They are crushed it is not on the Encore channel...so much they called me to see if I can find out about it!

Posted on Jan 13, 2012, 4:17:05 PM PST
Faith says:
Yeah I was really disappointed when all of a sudden The Virginian wasn't on. My husband records it every day then we watch it before going to bed each night and have our nightly snack while watching it. It is a ritual over a year old and we're not sure life will ever be the same! My husband watches Encore Westerns nearly all day and we could think of a few programs we would rather do without before choosing The Virginian. Hopefully, it will come back soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012, 7:01:39 PM PST
rtedman says:
Encore aired The Virginian for two years, cycling through the series twice and partly through a third time. I loved it also, but they need to change shows if they want to keep viewers. Plus some of the DVD sets are a bargain (season 5 is currently $32 here on Amazon).

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 9:33:37 AM PST
brenda says:
My husband and I are very disappointed that Encore Westerns Channel took off the The Virginian. We as others our age watched it every week night. It was like a ritual with us along with other members of our families. The shows they replaced The Virginian with are very disappointing, we don't watch them. We also enjoyed getting up on Saturday morning to watch Mavric and they have discontinued it also. Why are they taking off all of their good programs. These shows were the reason we took the Encore in our cable package and now are thinking of dicontinuing it. It is a shame that good programs can not survive in this day and time. PLEASE ENCORE RETURN THE VIRGINAIN....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 10:55:28 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 26, 2012, 10:59:22 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 8:40:30 AM PST
Carol Nelson says:
s a retired senior, tv is my main source of entertainment. There is not much worth watching these days so I love Encore. Having to work evenings I missed a lot of The Virginian and Wagon Train (my 2 favorite shows) Please bring back the Virginain . It is the reason I keep Encore

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012, 6:14:57 AM PST
i already miss the virginian,but i don't want the show back with the same batch of shows run time and time,untill you just get worn out with them.run the complete seasons back to back.please bring it back.they will in a couple of years.but i am 72 years old.time is running out for me.======papaw joe anderson

Posted on Feb 16, 2012, 7:43:03 AM PST
Molly says:
I join you all in being disappointed about the removal of the Virginian. I loved it. Also How the West Was Won and Maverick. What about Cheynne? Please put these back.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 8:41:50 PM PST
PHOTIDZO says:
Being born near the end of the baby boomers, I missed the true value & meaning of the great western era. Especially series like The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Bonanza, I was just about 1/2 way through the available episodes of the Virginian when Starz dropped it. I am making a complaint to Netflix about it also. Netflix stopped streaming Rawhide without so much as a hint that they were going to. Starz, Amazon, Netflix, bring these great shows back to on demand & streaming!

Posted on May 1, 2012, 7:11:00 PM PDT
William says:
Hey everyone, I too love The Virginian one of the best westerns produced in my opinion. I don't have encore on my cable system so I have been purchasing the DVD series. I highly recommend it. They are remastered and the quality is bar none the best. Timeless Video Group with NBC Universal makes them available in retail and at Amazon.com. Season 6 has just been released can't wait for the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 7:26:23 AM PDT
Molly says:
Please bring the Virginian back. This western is absolutely beautiful when watched on my flat screen TV. Even the black and whites are wonderful. I love Westerns. My favorites are The Virginian, Maverick, Bonanza, Lawman, Lorado, How the West Was Won, Gunsmoke and Cheyenne.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Western forum (342 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Western forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2012
Latest post:  May 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers