Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Rage forum

Info on game length, co-op, and installing the game to your HDD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 31, 2011, 1:43:45 PM PDT
There's a great interview with one of the top guys at id on teamxbox.com (sorry I don't have the link for you), and it answers a lot of questions that have been getting asked a lot. Here's some info. that the interview included:
-Type of game: Straight first-person shooter. This is NOT an RPG. You do not upgrade your character or weapons. You do, however, have different ammo types, armor, and dune-buggies that you can acquire and use throughout the game, which somewhat influence the gameplay experience.
-Length of the game: 15-20 hours, depending on how much you explore and how many side quests you complete.
-Co-op: Online and split-screen. There are missions especially designed for co-op; you won't be able to play the entire campaign cooperatively. You can also play these missions alone.
-Size of maps: There's the main Wasteland, which is a pretty large map. The "missions", most of which are 30-45 minutes, all sort of branch off the Wasteland, similar to Borderlands or Fallout/Oblivion. But the Wasteland won't be anywhere near as big as those games.
-Installing the game: IT IS NOT A NECESSITY FOR PLAYING THE GAME. Nor do you have to install all 3 discs at once. Just install whichever disc you're currently using. The difference will be a little less texture pop-in for those who installed the game. Installing is always a good idea because it reduces the wear and tear on your xbox.
Those are the key points I took away from the interview, I recommend checking it out for yourself, or you can also ask me any questions and I'll try to answer them from memory according to the interview.

Posted on Sep 1, 2011, 9:26:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2011, 9:27:28 PM PDT
A. Iverson says:
I heard that the main quest was 15-20 hours with many more added on for side missions. Really hope that's the case. Even if it's not this is any easy day-one buy for me.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011, 1:36:20 PM PDT
My understanding from the interview was that it was 15-18 hours for the whole campaign, side missions included. I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong though. Either way, if I can get 18 hours out of the campaign, that'll be 2-3x more play time that I get out of most FPS games. Day-1 buy for sure.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011, 9:01:58 PM PDT
A. Iverson says:
Very true. Considering how light it is on RPG elements I definitely don't want an uber-long campaign that gets stale after the first couple hours. Still, it'd be nice to get something with as much content as Fallout, especially for a game that needs 3 discs for 360.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 12:13:51 PM PDT
I agree, that'd be sweet. I think that the three discs can at least be partially explained by the fact that Rage has much more robust graphics than Fallout 3. Additionally, the "missions" in Fallout utilize far less NPC scripting than Rage looks to be offering. These and other things all take up bunches of programming space. Worth mentioning is that the 3rd disc is just for multiplayer.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011, 12:41:14 PM PDT
A. Iverson says:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just critiquing. Rage is far and away my most anticipated game of Fall 2011 and I've had it pre-ordered for about two weeks now. Good points about the graphic and NPC power. Truthfully, I sometimes lose interest in a game that lasts more than 20 hours, especially if there's a difficulty spike involved. Since Rage looks like a reasonably challenging game, the length may turn out to be just right for me. I guess there's no way to know for sure until October 4th rolls around.
'

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011, 3:42:59 PM PDT
Logan D says:
I'm with Iverson on length, more so because I don't have the time that I use to. Don't worry, I'll still find time for Skyrim and Mass Effect 3! I was actually disappointed that the game wasn't RPGish though. I had visions of an Oblivion/FPS kind of game, but I still think it looks awesome. Given my backlog though, I'll wait till 2012 and pick up cheap, assuming the world doesn't end first or something!

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 7:43:31 PM PDT
Neverwinter says:
I'm not too worried about the campaign especially with Saints Row The Third and Skyrim coming out in November. As long as the story is good then i'm fine.

I was hoping that the weapons will be upgradable but oh well.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 8:10:52 PM PDT
A. Iverson says:
That would've been cool but frankly I'm perfectly happy with the different ammo types considering one's electrified and another lets you control an enemy's mind and then blow them up. I sense happy times :D.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011, 8:39:33 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
All sounds so good, but i sure do like leveling up... oh well. I think I will still a lot of fun!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rage forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 31, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Rage
Rage by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars (427)