Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon
asked by Eddy Vien on April 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
I recently bought the Ezink refill off of eBay as well. It is amazing. I only paid 15$ myself so I suppose the price went down? Anyways, it refills each cartridge 3 times and so far I havn't gotten the error message that Lab Brat is talking about (maybe because I refilled it before it went all the way empty?). Highly recommended ink refill.
T. Russell answered on May 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
InkTec makes a pretty good kit for my Pixma MX340 & others. It's available with Prime.
Bruce K. answered on May 26, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, T. Russell, I did let my ink run pretty low because I was printing pics which it does beautifully by the way! And now everytime we print it gives everyone a warning that Ink may be running low. Its just small annoyance but nothing that would stop me from paying for brand new cartridges if I didnt have to. The EZink refills are amazing and so easy to use and most of all, not messy!
Lisa answered on May 17, 2011

A
Many thanks to your helpful comments. I'll order an EZink refill right now! :)
Eddy Vien answered on May 17, 2011

A
W. E. Sullivan answered on November 4, 2011

A
Lisa answered on April 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Brent answered on May 16, 2011

A
I just put in an order from Megatoner too--it will be interesting to see how the cartridges work. I'd like to save some ink in one or both the following ways and wonder if anyone knows how to do it:
1. Set printing to black only which works fine for much of what I copy from the internet.
2. Set printing to "draft" so that the printer cuts back on the amount of ink expended, again for everyday copying. This was recommended as a cost-saving idea for printers in an article I read.
Lynn K. Fritz answered on November 27, 2011

A
Brent, I've owned an ip4500 for years and have been refilling and resetting the cartridge chips from almost day one with no issues or errors whatsoever. I use Hobbicolor inks and bought them and the chip resetter off of ebay. There is a similar chip resetter available for the MG5220.
DougFL answered on December 3, 2011

A
I talked with the Canon support desk and found out you can set your preferences to a "fast" speed, realizing less ink usage in the process. For most of what I do, fast is fine and it can be reset if needed for higher quality printing.
Lynn K. Fritz answered on December 4, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product