Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > Love forum

gnik nus

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2006, 3:45:10 PM PST
J. Anderson says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2006, 4:06:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 21, 2006, 11:56:27 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2006, 5:43:44 PM PST
W. M. Davis says:
If you see the Las Vegas stage show that this is the soundtrack for (as I have) you'll understand that Gnik Nus actually becomes a textural musical bed that sets the tone and feeling for "Something," an aerial ballet.

While anyone with a computer can play any music file backwards, this was a carefully considered choice and fits perfectly into the show that it was created for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006, 7:46:38 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2006, 8:53:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006, 8:55:03 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 21, 2006, 8:55:18 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006, 8:55:07 AM PST
JD Junior says:
I've heard that "Moonlight Sonata" story, but if you actually listen to the first three notes of that piece, backwards they sound more like the beginning vocals from "Because"...specifically the syllables "'cause the world"...check it out...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006, 2:35:07 PM PST
BIG SAM says:
That's because "Because" was based on the Moonlight Sonata, not Sun King.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006, 8:05:12 PM PST
M. McKay says:
Well then you do that J. Anderson. The rest of us will be enjoying this CD.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2006, 1:22:40 PM PST
You are either not a Beatles fan, do not have an appreciation for interesting music, or most likely have not even listened to this album yet.

I too was a skeptic until I heard this album all the way through on a good system.

Posted on Sep 29, 2009, 12:38:24 PM PDT
D. Taylor says:
Actually, if you read the liner notes (at least on the regular edition, not sure about the DVD-A version), it says that Giles Martin (George Martin's son), who was helping his father with the song selections, had actually messed up and accidentally reversed "Sun King." They were trying to make it flow into "Something", but they didn't mean to completely reverse it. It was a typo, and they ran with it. But I think it was a nice touch.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009, 2:00:00 PM PDT
M. McKay says:
Yeah, a lot of people have said that "Gink Nus" was lame and I don't understand where the heck they're coming from. I think it's great and it touches on what The Beatles' made famous anyways, playing things in reverse!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Love forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2006
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Love
Love by The Beatles (Audio CD - 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,224)