Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
These are going to be refurbished replacments, I take it. Anyone hear or know otherwise?
asked by Mothership on September 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I had a square trade warranty on my Kindle III. Well, it cracked and the screen messed up. So, I filed a claim. They didn't send a replacement - rather, I received an Amazon gift card for the cost of my purchase (+ 5% because I chose the gift card), which I promptly put toward the purchase of a new Kindle model. I don't expect they'd do anything different with the Fire warranties.
A. Raffety answered on October 29, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I currently have about 5 warranties on various items with Squaretrade.So far they repaired a first generation Kindle and just last week i got a check for the total purchase price of a destroyed Kindle 2nd gen. that got smashed up.They even offered me 5% more if i accepted an Amazon credit as repayment.Don't listen to any bs from other people as they are a GREAT company.Just be sure and upgrade to accidental coverage for a few dollars more.I hope i have given you peace of mind.
john m answered on November 6, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Last claim I had with them a few years ago, they sent me a label. I have been dealing with squaretrade for years, and they have the best customer service I have EVER seen!
J. Foster answered on November 15, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello, do we have to pay for shipping the other one back to them or do they send us a label?

Thank you!
Crazy Cat Lady answered on November 15, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
According to what they say on the Amazon site, they automatically send you another Kindle (not sure if refurb or not), and if you don't send your damaged one to them within 30 days, they will charge you for the one they sent you. They pay shipping of the new one to you, and for you to send you damaged one to them.
Carol Lugg answered on January 14, 2012

A
Refurbished is not a bad thing, you can save a lot of money and they typically restore to factory specs.
Ldudette answered on May 9, 2012

A
I'm thinking of purchasing the 2-squaretrade warranty+accidentprotection for Kindle Fire. If, anything goes wrong, do they fix mine if fixable, get a new one if not fixable, or a refurbished kindle fire? I would not want anything refurbished!
S. Honer answered on October 26, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
K
Cars&Guitars answered on October 11, 2011
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2012, 7:24:40 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product