Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 9, 2017
I did a search for liquid flux for electronics and this was the product that showed up, so I ordered it. I used it on a couple of connections before going to Oatey web site and checking the product number. It is NOT recommended for electrical wiring as I now see is in some of the comments. The bottle says "All Purpose" but it isn't.
I have the MG Chemicals Liquid Rosin Flux and am very satisfied with it.
2 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2013
I purchased a small bottle of soldering flux years ago that I thought was the best ever, but couldn't find it anywhere to purchase again. So I thought that I would give this stuff a try. It is better than any flux I've ever used in my 40 plus years of soldering. I strongly recommend that you purchase an inexpensive small (2 ounce) bottle with a needle tip to help with the application. The bottle that comes with it will dispense more than needed for a solder connection. I was able to find several here on Amazon for around $3 to $4. This flux is clear and light weight so much so that I didn't thing it would work so I squirted (two drops) more than I needed the first time that I used it. All you need is a half drop to get a perfect flow and bonding of the solder.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I was surprised at how quickly it will change the oxidized surface of brass and copper to a clean surface to be soldered. A little bit of heat in the part accelerates the cleaning also. This is not the thicker fluid like others that will flow slower but is comparable to the viscosity of water. So far it's done a great job in prepping the metal for soldering and is a good price.
One person found this helpful
on April 25, 2018
works well, But not as well as the old acid flux
on March 10, 2015
This is plumbing Flux. Not electronics flux. The difference is in the acid. This is very caustic.
2 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2012
The liquid flux works as intended and serves its purpose. The plastic bottle allows flux to permeate, creating rings on surfaces and leaving ink and residue on hands. It is a good idea to remove the liquid to a glass or metal container before it can make a mess.
12 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2012
This is like flux on crack the only thing you should remember is it has an active acid in it to super clean the surface and it needs to be flushed from your skin if you get it on your hands at all.

I used this flux to clean brass tube to solder a rollcage together for my newphews rock crawler model the welds with the original flux I was using I could break with my hands they were so solid after prepping with oatey that I bent the tubes and the solder points never broke. ( I used same solder soldering iron and same batch of brass tube and solder for the tests )
3 people found this helpful
on June 10, 2014
product was shipped on time, was well packaged and was of the quality I as expecting. I will definitely do more business with these people in the future! and recommend them to others.
One person found this helpful