Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Leslie > Reviews

Browse

Leslie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leslie RSS Feed (SANTA BARBARA, CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Power Bank, HAME 3000 mAh Slim Li-polymer External Backup Battery Charger (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, May 27, 2016
Amazing for the price

Vikings Season 1
Vikings Season 1
DVD
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Binge worthy, February 27, 2016
This review is from: Vikings Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Decent cinematography and good acting. Suspenseful.

Wits & Wagers Family
Wits & Wagers Family
Offered by Em&Jo
Price: $13.05
135 used & new from $7.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for family, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Wits & Wagers Family (Toy)
Everyone aged 12, teens, 20s and parents enjoys this game on family game night. Easy rules and you don't need to know the answers to win.

Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
by John Medina
260 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book to EVERYONE, December 27, 2011
Brain Rules is a must read for everyone with a brain. I have altered my teaching style after reading it and recommend it to all of my students. It is funny, information-packed, research based and useful. What more could you want? Well, you could go see Dr Medina's workshops but the book is the next best thing.

What Happened to Goodbye
What Happened to Goodbye
by Sarah Dessen
Price: $16.41
292 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars HUGE letdown., November 28, 2011
I have read every single one of Sarah Dessen's books and have fallen completely in love with the plot, the characters, and the charming romances. So when I saw that a new one of her books had come out... I rushed to buy it and was strongly looking forward to the emotional effect it would have on me. When I read the inside cover, it made the book out to be a story primarily about romance for a girl who moves around a lot. I thought, "perfect! I have been to 5 different schools in the last three years and i'm a sucker for a good love-story." However, during the duration of the book, I at no time felt anywhere connected to Maclean. I know how hard moving can be, and I didn't really get that vibe from her. She was boring and the inside cover said that Dave was supposed to bring out the true Maclean or something. I at no point ever saw a true Maclean. She was very dull and unrelateable. Which leads me to my biggest problem, Dave and Maclean's romance was more like a bore-mance. I mean, they're neighbors for god's-sake, that's a set up for sexual encounters! The only "romance" we got in the first 350 pages was his hand on her head. My last problem with the book was small, but extremely angering to me. Deb's eccentric talents were mentioned several times through out the book, and I kept waiting for a back-story to explain her quirk. However, no back-story ever came... leaving me wanting an explanation.

Powerful Places on the Caminos de Santiago (Powerful Places in)
Powerful Places on the Caminos de Santiago (Powerful Places in)
by Gary C. White
Price: $8.95
42 used & new from $2.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for pilgrims, June 24, 2010
This book assumes you are driving, not walking. The sites are not really on the pilgrimage path for most of us.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2011 2:27 PM PDT

Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius (Journals of a Cardboard Genius)
Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius (Journals of a Cardboard Genius)
by Frank Asch
Price: $7.95
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars read this with your son, May 19, 2009
My 8 year old son and I LOVED this book and can't wait to read the others in the series.

George's Pond: Created in the Beloved Tradition of Charlotte's Web
George's Pond: Created in the Beloved Tradition of Charlotte's Web
by Scott C. Waring
Price: $14.95
30 used & new from $8.64

4.0 out of 5 stars needs a good proofreader but great story, January 14, 2009
Luckily I am reading this to my son (who LOVES the story). But it is filled with typos, misspellings and punctuation mistakes. An English teacher's nightmare.
Next time, please use an editor - this book could be a classic.

Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications (Essential Psychopharmacology Series)
by Stephen M. Stahl
82 used & new from $9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The one book that needs to be in your library, June 5, 2008
Dr. Stahl and Nancy Munter have outdone themselves once again. While the bar they have set is always high, this is the best book they have produced to date. Details are rich and easily understood - they even include tyramine content by brand. Everyone involved in treating patients needs to have this book in their library AND read it.

The Scent of Desire: Discovering Our Enigmatic Sense of Smell
The Scent of Desire: Discovering Our Enigmatic Sense of Smell
by Rachel Herz
Price: $24.95
67 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, December 2, 2007
As a physician, I didn't think that I had much to learn from this book, nor a reason to really care. WRONG. Dr. Herz tells us things that impact our every waking hour. I can't stop talking about this book! You will be intrigued by her research and stories. Your nose will have an elevated place in heart. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2