Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM
Profile for Jonathan Pedrone > Reviews

Browse

Jonathan Pedrone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 363

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan Pedrone RSS Feed (Miami Florida)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BBQ Grill Mat, GDEALER 16"x13" Barbecue Grill Mats Grilling Mat Set of 4 Reusable Heat Resistant Heavy Duty Non-stick Barbecue Sheets for Baking on Gas, Charcoal and Electric Grills
Offered by Global Dealer
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the grill, August 25, 2016
Great for the grill. I like to grill vegetables on my outdoor grill, and always run into the issue of how to keep them on the grates successfully. This product solves that problem for you. Other products are either too big or bulky to be effective, but these mats can go directly on your grill, and they heat up perfectly.

Using these grill mats I was able to cook the vegetables the way I wanted to without an issue. I also used them for meat, and it works that way as well, however, I personally prefer to grill my meat directly on the grates, so I mostly use these only for vegetables.

The only downside to the mats was cleaning them, you have to hand wash them (and I recommend doing so soon after you use them before debris from the grilling can set in.) Other than that these were a simple easy tool for the grill that I think I will be using for quite a while.

**I was given a free sample of this product in exchange for an honest review which I have provided here.**

Abolition of Evil
Abolition of Evil
by Ted Richardson
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars ... with a Ted Richardson novel and I was not disappointed. The story revolves around the famous Lewis and ..., August 19, 2016
This review is from: Abolition of Evil (Paperback)
This was my first experience with a Ted Richardson novel and I was not disappointed. The story revolves around the famous Lewis and Clarke expedition to the West during the Presidency of Thomas Jefferson. After the expedition Lewis' death raised many eyebrows (did he commit suicide or was he murdered) and his death has always been a fascinating mystery.

This novel builds upon actual history (with a bit of fiction mixed in) in the style of Steve Berry (who I am also a huge fan of). When a secret diary of Lewis is found that tells of meeting a group of black Indians in the Northwest suddenly there is a great mystery at hand and antique owner Matt Hawkins is brought in to explore the mystery. A Spanish Conquistador helmet is found and suddenly history has to be rethought (because the Spanish never made it that far, and there were no records of a black Indian tribe in the Northwest).

The story then centers around a powerful family that is using their family money to try and control the US. This being an election year, and the great influx of corporate and individual money in the election means that this story is especially relevant and possible. I don't want to give away too many details, but the center of the story revolves around stopping this powerful family.

From there the novel is a mix of history and mystery and really gets interesting. Being a fan of history made this book all the more appealing to me. The author writes with genuine skill, and adds enough little twists and turns that you don't want to put down the book. I also loved that at the end of the book the author provides a set of notes that explain the history behind the mystery (those are always my favorite part of these books because it leaves you wondering if it really did or could have happened that way).

If you are a history fan, or just want to read a really engaging novel and learn more about our history this is a book for you. I really enjoyed it and think I have found another author that I will follow from here on out.

**I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review which I have provided here**

DII Thanksgiving Holiday Embroidered Table Runner 14 x 64", Turkey
DII Thanksgiving Holiday Embroidered Table Runner 14 x 64", Turkey
Price: $17.40
3 used & new from $17.40

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a great addition to the holiday table, August 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The fall months in my house mean that it is time to decorate for the upcoming holidays. From halloween to Christmas my home is filled with decorations to celebrate the holidays. I picked up this table runner because I have found that thanksgiving decorations are the hardest to find. It seems that everyone jumps from Halloween directly to Christmas.

The table runner is thicker and sturdier than I expected it to be with a colorful turkey on either end. It is a great addition to the holiday table, and adds a festive element to your dining room table. The only thing I did not like about the runner was that it was shorter than I expected not reaching either end of the table when laid out (I have a rectangular 6 person table). I wished it would have reached the ends, or even hung over the ends of the table a little bit. The sewn on design was nice, but I could also see where it might not fit everyones decor. It is a classic looking piece and would not look good with a more modern looking table or house. My table is a classic wood table, so it fit in perfectly with my decor.

Other than that I really love this product and can see myself using it every November. It really adds an element to the table, and makes the table feel festive. I can even see leaving this on during meals because it is thick and sturdy, and can be washed after use.

Bubula JR Steel Diaper Pail, White
Bubula JR Steel Diaper Pail, White
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ... will arise as to what to do with the dirty diapers that will soon pile up, August 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a small child the question will arise as to what to do with the dirty diapers that will soon pile up. This diaper pail is a perfect solution to that problem. The can is white and made of steel so it is sturdy and will definitely stand the test of time. In my nursery most of the furniture is white so it was a perfect match for me without looking too industrial.

The can has a convenient pop top and a ring that you can put the trash bag around. I would have liked for there to be an extra seal inside the diaper pail to really block the scent from the diapers. Some pails allow you to push the diaper through a second seal to avoid smells. The advantage to that type of pail is that you don't have the smell, the disadvantage is that they normally take a specific type of plastic bag. With this pail you can use a normal plastic bag. The pail has a convenient metal ring that you can wrap the bag around to keep it in place.

The only other feature I would really like to have on the pail is a foot operated opening. When you are changing a diaper it is always nice to be able to open the can hands free. This pail has two separate buttons to open only the top of the can (to put the diaper in) and another button to open the entire can (to change the bag). The can does contain smells fairly well, however, when the can is full and you open it be prepared.

Overall this is a well constructed diaper pail. I wish it had a few other features to make it more user friendly, but it is solid and well made. I can see this lasting through more than one child.

Maverick Men's Relaxed Fit Jean, Dark Stonewash, 36x32
Maverick Men's Relaxed Fit Jean, Dark Stonewash, 36x32
Price: $12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars The fit was a bit smaller than I would have liked, I like to have some extra space in ..., August 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These jeans are definitely made for work in my opinion. I picked these up for weekend wear (I don't wear jeans to work). The fit was a bit smaller than I would have liked, I like to have some extra space in my pants for comfort personally.

The jeans are also somewhat thick (which would be great for a working environment where you need the added protection). However, for me living in a humid area the extra thickness was not what I was looking for. I prefer a lighter breathable jean because the weather where I live is almost always stifling. The color of the jeans was darker than I expected, and I was not thrilled with the overall color (made the jeans look like an inexpensive brand).

However, the advantage of these jeans is the price point. It is hard to find a good pair of quality constructed jeans for a price like this, and this is a huge advantage. If you are looking for a strong pair of work jeans these are certainly a great deal. I can see myself using these around the house, but I don't think I would use these to go out on the town.

Van Heusen Men's Traveler Classic Fit Flat Front Pant, Grey Heather, 36W X 32L
Van Heusen Men's Traveler Classic Fit Flat Front Pant, Grey Heather, 36W X 32L
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As someone who wears dress pants like this every day for work, August 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As someone who wears dress pants like this every day for work, these types of pants are a must have. They are light and comfortable, and they are machine washable (I really try to avoid dry clean only pants because I use them on a regular basis). These pants are also wrinkle free (or resistant I have yet to find a pair of pants that is truly wrinkle free). They will need to be ironed after you wash them, but they hold a nice crease and do not tend to wrinkle excessively when you wear them.

They came a bit smaller than I expected, today there seems to be so many different types of "fits" that pants are hard to purchase without trying them on first. These pants felt like they were half a size smaller than expected which is one of the reasons for a 4 star review.

Overall the pants were well constructed, and definitely durable. I can see them being worn frequently and standing the test of time for sure. These pants are a bit more dressy than a casual khaki pant, but if you work in a professional environment they are perfect for work. The length of the pants was right on. I find that sometimes a 32 length falls too short or too long on my but these were the perfect length providing a little bit of slack at the shoe without being above the ankle. This is a quality constructed pair of pants that I think will become a regular part of your daily rotation.

Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears, GDEALER Multi-Purpose Utility Kitchen Scissors Stainless Steel Shears with Bottle Opener & Nut Cracker Functions for Chicken Poultry Fish Scale Meat Vegetables Herbs and BBQ
Offered by Global Dealer
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs a good pair of kitchen shears, August 17, 2016
Everyone needs a good pair of kitchen shears. I know in my kitchen this is probably the tool that gets used the most because it is so versatile. These kitchen shears are well constructed and sturdy enough to cut through thick heavy things (like meat), or for just general use around the kitchen as well. The shears come with a convenient cover so that when you are not using them you can store them without the blades out.

The handles of the shears are rubber and non-slip so they are easy to grip, and easy to use especially when you have to go through something a bit thicker, the handles make cutting through just about anything easy. They can go right in the dishwasher as well. I personally use them for a variety of things (even when I am not cooking and need strong set of scissors these work as well. I really like this product, and can see myself using it for years to come. They are stronger and better made than my previous pair, and I was really happy with this product. I think you will like them too, and find that you use them quite frequently.

**I was given a free sample of this product in exchange for an honest review of the product which I have provided here.

Pandora's Grave (Shadow Warriors Book 1)
Pandora's Grave (Shadow Warriors Book 1)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars At times I found myself wondering "Is this a good guy or a bad guy", August 12, 2016
This was my first experience with a Stephen England novel, and I was pleasantly surprised. This story focuses on Harry Nichols who is a special forces soldier with the United States and his team who must work fast to stop an attack in the Middle East. I don't want to give away too many plot twists, but the story follows their adventure as they increasingly learn that a group of terrorists plan to unleash a deadly attack in the Middle East to throw the entire country into a third world war.

The book is well written, and well researched. There are a few choppy sentences, and it does take some time to get used to the style of the book. The book follows a format where there are multiple characters and story lines, and each chapter jumps back and forth between them constantly. This is both a benefit, and a detractor in the book. The benefit is that it keeps the reader engaged moving back and forth between stories. The disadvantage is that I thought there were too many characters to keep track of, and too many similar names. At times I found myself wondering "Is this a good guy or a bad guy", and trying to decipher where they fit into the story.

The story has some twists although I found the final twist to be somewhat predictable. The other aspect of the book that I found frustrating at times were all the acronyms for military jargon. The author obviously knows his stuff, however, using acronyms that are not familiar to the reader at times was a bit annoying (the author does provide a list of acronyms at the beginning of the book you can refer back to).

Overall I enjoyed the book, and I definitely think I will be reading more Harry Nichols books in the future. This is a great character with space to develop for sure. It was an enjoyable read, and I think you will like it too.

**I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review which I have provided here.

ADYWE Solar Outdoor String Lights, 15.7 Ft 8 Light Modes 20 Water Drop White LEDs, Led Fairy Lighting for Garden Decorations, Fence, Patio, Christmas, Wedding, Party, Home and Holiday
Offered by adywe storefront
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars so these solar lights were perfect for me, August 12, 2016
I picked up these lights to use primarily at the holidays, and for my backyard from time to time when I need an extra light out there. One of the peculiarities in my home is the lack of outdoor outlets for plugging in lights, so these solar lights were perfect for me. they come with a solar panel that needs to be in direct sunlight for most of the day. The disadvantage is you need direct sunlight, but the advantage is these will not add anything at all to your electric bill.

These lights were perfect for me, I used them in the front of my house, and they provided great light all night with the solar panel. I live in a very sunny area so the sunlight was not an issue. They are easy to turn on and off, and they can be put into several different modes (steady, flashing, etc.) They really add something to the tree in front of my house, and I can see in the future using them full time in a backyard for extra light. I love that they are solar powered, and so easy to use.

**I was given a free copy of this product in exchange for an honest review which I have provided here

Mirrorvana Fogless Bathroom Shaving Mirror, Best Shower Gift for Men, New for 2016 with Anti-Fog Coating and Lock Suction-Cup Technology, Shatter-Proof 5.3" x 5.3" Surface
Offered by Mirrorvana Inc.
Price: $49.00
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know that I have ever had a fog free mirror actually work the way I would like it to, August 12, 2016
I picked up this mirror because I shave every morning in the shower. In the past I have used a couple of mirrors in the shower, but they always seem to give me problems. Either they will not stay on the wall, or they are constantly foggy and completely unusable. This bathroom mirror was the opposite. It came out of the package ready to go, and stayed completely fog free in the shower. I don't know that I have ever had a fog free mirror actually work the way I would like it to, but this one definitely met my expectations.

I put the mirror on a small shelf in my shower, but it does come with a suction cup, and you can rotate the mirror into almost any direction. The mirror itself is just large enough to see your entire face, and is perfect for people who shave, or need to see themselves up close in the shower. I use this product every day in the shower, and I love it. My last mirror was constantly foggy, and eventually broke, but I can see myself using this one for months to come. I think you will love this product too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20