Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Statesville, NC)

Perfect State (Kindle Single)
Perfect State (Kindle Single)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sanderson does it again., April 1, 2015
It was over way too fast. Once again, Brandon Sanderson has written a story that drew me in and had me finishing out way too soon. I'm REALLY hoping that he comes back to this world again sometime in the future.

Bates Men's Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boot
Bates Men's Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boot
Price: $94.95 - $117.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pair of boots that I have ever owned., May 14, 2013
I got these boots several years ago for the first time and I have loved them ever since. They are well worth the money. They hold up well under intense conditions, they are extremely comfortable, and they look damn good.

My only gripe is with the soles. They tend to peel away from the boots after awhile especially when used in wet conditions (my last pair lasted for over a year while getting soaked almost everyday at my restaurant job though).

Would highly recommend them to anyone that wears boots on a regular basis and needs a comfortable pair to walk in.

P.S. It should also be noted that I also wore these boots outside of work as they clean up well after coming home.

The Annihilation of Foreverland
The Annihilation of Foreverland
by Tony Bertauski
Price: $12.00
27 used & new from $8.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent book, February 5, 2013
After leaving this book sitting in my to read list on my Kindle for several months, I finally got around to reading it. This is an excellent book. There were twists that could be seen coming from miles away, but that didn't distract from the overall story when they actually twisted. I found the characters to be pretty believable and realistic as teenaged kids. I would recommend this for anyone that likes to read mysteries or even just general sci-fi.

I did find several places where bad editing ripped me out of the story. There was one point where several paragraphs repeated and a few typos where I had to reread the sentence once or twice to figure it out, but overall it wasn't that distracting to me personally.

Thy Fearful Symmetry
Thy Fearful Symmetry
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent book., December 7, 2012
This book is awesome. I got it awhile back when it was free and didn't get to it until recently. I thought that it was "one of those classic stories that I'll never get around to, but will be good to have on my Kindle." Turns out that I was extremely wrong. I must have heard the title before and associated it with an older book. (I never read the poem that it is from either.) Turns out that it is an excellent book that had me reading through class and in bed when I should have been sleeping.

I really enjoyed the twists that were put on the familiar Biblical themes (though I'm sure my parents, the devout anti-fun Christians, would be horrified and offended). The ending was very well done (I only predicted a small portion of it and only within a couple dozen pages of it happening).

I haven't looked at his website yet, but I hope to see a sequel at some point in the future. There's plenty of potential for great follow-up stories.

Also, a minor quibble, but there was one spot where a character is mentioned by the wrong name. And a spot where a chapter number is incorrectly inserted into the text of the chapter. So only a few points of typographical error that I noticed. Otherwise, it was regional spelling differences that drug me out if the story momentarily. Can't avoid that though.

OK. I'm done rambling. Get to reading, please.

Sinner's Creed
Sinner's Creed

4.0 out of 5 stars This is going on my reread list and soon., October 4, 2012
This review is from: Sinner's Creed (Kindle Edition)
As a fan of Creed since the early days of Human Clay I was extremely disappointed when the band broke up and I had been unable to see them in concert. This was before I got big into the internet and as a result many of the details of the breakup were vague to me. This book put everything more into focus for me.

Throughout the book, Stapp talks about his struggles with the Christian faith that he was raised in. The questions he raised are the same questions that I have found myself wondering about over the past few years. It was certainly helpful to see that others also struggle with things like I do.

Legion
Legion
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Once again Mr. Sanderson hits it outta the park!, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Legion (Kindle Edition)
I bought this novella as soon as I could afford it. It was well work the price of the ebook. The story felt lacking (that's my usual response to short stories no matter how well written), but I look forward to any new stories that may be written about Stephen Leeds. For those of you who don't know: according to Brandon, there is a television deal in the works so maybe we'll see these stories on TV one day soon.

Dark Passage (A Horror Thriller)
Dark Passage (A Horror Thriller)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, August 28, 2012
This is the first book in quite some time that I blew through as fast as possible. Usually, I take my time and savor the books I read, but this time I HAD to get to the end and see how it ended.

I have downloaded a couple of his other short stories ("The Second Coming" and "The Grip") and there were good also.

There were a few typos that kinda brought me out of the book for a few moments, but they were few and far between. I definitely would have liked to see a bit more of the time after the climax and before the end, but I really can't complain at all.

For horror fans (and those that aren't- like me) this is a great book that I would recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2012 6:50 PM PDT

Smite Me, Oh Dark One
Smite Me, Oh Dark One
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, November 1, 2011
I got this for free while looking for cheap books for my Kindle. I read this story pretty much straight through and found it to be quite entertaining and interesting. I laughed at several points throughout and would recommend it to anyone that is interested in an amusing diversion for a few hours.

Infinity Blade: Awakening
Infinity Blade: Awakening
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Never played the game, but the story is great, October 18, 2011
I haven't played the game (and likely never will since I have an Android phone and a 2nd Gen iPod Touch), but this story drew me in and kept me turning pages until it was done. I would love to see more stories set in this world. Especially if Brandon Sanderson were to write them.

Rob Thomas: Something to Be by Rob Thomas (2005) - Dual Disc
Rob Thomas: Something to Be by Rob Thomas (2005) - Dual Disc
Offered by Minnetec
Price: $7.47
273 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD..., July 27, 2005
Dispite what I've seen people say about this CD I would definately suggest this to anyone who enjoys the music of Matchbox Twenty... I bought this with my own money (which I don't do very often) and would do it again given the opportunity even after seeing what people have said... This is currently one of my favorite CDs in my collection... If you don't buy this then you are missing out on a great CD...