Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for Guillermo Duran > Reviews

Browse

Guillermo Duran's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Guillermo Duran RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Street Savage R/C Stunt Vehicle with Dual Spring-loaded Shocks, Red, 49MHz for Fast Competitive Racing
Offered by Destine4Greatness
Price: $35.00
4 used & new from $25.52

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted for a whooping 1 hour... Before breaking beyond repair, August 28, 2016
My son loved it until the rear right gear broke.
We still played with it until the left motor gave up for a total of about one hour of total play.

All the President's Men
All the President's Men
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a surprise yet surprising, February 22, 2015
Didn't expect it to be so absorbing and interesting; mainly due to the fact that the outcome of the whole Watergate affair is hardly a mistery.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A cultural window inside one of Japan's greatest culinary traditions, August 1, 2014
Inspirational story, great music and.

Fantastic documentary.

BISSELL Perfect Sweep Turbo Cordless Rechargeable Sweeper, 2880A
BISSELL Perfect Sweep Turbo Cordless Rechargeable Sweeper, 2880A
Price: $39.99
33 used & new from $32.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Possible design flaw, July 9, 2013
We have had two of these sweepers and both developed the exact same problem where the left wheel stops turning after a few weeks of use; this in turn makes it hard to push and reduces its overall effectiveness as the wheel drive the brushes at the front.

Regular cleaning of the wheels, spindles and brushes didn't seem to prevent our second unit from failing in the same fashion as the first one.

Even though it worked very well at first, I would stay clear from this product as it seems to be a bit too fragile.

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Must be judged for what it is, June 12, 2013
Even before you start to read any of Dan Brown's novels you should be aware that these are the literary equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster movie; you won't exactly find enlightment by reading them but you will, for the most part, be entertained.

As usual with Mr. Brown's novels, this one seems to be well researched and will probably introduce many readers to topics they might not be very familiar with; Dante's work in this case. This is a side effect that I have often appreciated from his novels, the almost accidental education of his audience on topics like history, architechture and art.

On the other hand, Mr. Brown's style is limited and formulaic, to the point where I found myself asking "haven't I read this before?"
These style limitations were at times hard to overcome and I had to force myself to continue reading; the end of the book sneaked on me almost out of nowhere, giving it a "rushed" feeling.

I'm pretty sure the movie will make for a big summer blockbuster next year.

Swatch Men's YTS407G Quartz Olive Green Dial Measures Seconds Stainless Steel Watch
Offered by PrimeDeals Online
Price: $70.80
5 used & new from $70.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, February 10, 2013
This was a gift for my brother in law and he loves it, so far no problems to report .

LimoStudio PHOTO, LIGHT TENT, 16-Inch LIGHT KIT CONTINUOUS LIGHTING KIT, LED LIGHT BULB, PHOTO LIGHT, LIGHT BOX, AGG105
Offered by KimOutlet
Price: $39.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy, February 10, 2013
Tried the whole kit for the first time today and I fear might not be giving it anything but occasional use; my main concern is that the whole product lacks a quality feel to it.

I do realize the price is very low and shouldn't expect professional grade items so with that in mind, here are some of my early observations.

1. Cord in the lamps is too short, you'll need a power strip with a long cable so you can position the lights comfortably
2. Legs in the lamps seem quite fragile, not a big issue since the lights themselves are not heavy at all
3. Once assembled the tent itself is held in place by thin velcro strips, it feels and looks like it is ready to collapse at any minute, but to be honest it did held in place for the whole time I used it.
4. The different backgrounds provided (red, blue, black and white) were Ok, wrinkles will probably need to be ironed out carefully as I'm not really sure the material will withstand much heat
5. The tripod will only work well with a small / light camera, I shoot with a digital SLR and the tripod collapsed under its weight - granted, the camera is heavy and has a battery grip to it but I doubt the tripod will perform any better except with a small point-and-shoot
6. And since I'm discussing the tripod here, the plate used to attach the camera to it is rather inconvenient, again, things might be easier with a smaller camera
7. Finally, you might need to use a remote shutter release or the camera's timer since every time I pressed the shutter, the camera will move forward can continue rocking for a few seconds; I suggest a fast shutter speed or low F stop

I know this has been mentioned a few times in this review but I do believe that if you shoot with a small camera you might get more out of this kit than if you use a larger DSRL

Days Go By [Explicit]
Days Go By [Explicit]
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not their best but still really good!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Days Go By [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
I think the title of the review summarizes it.
There aren't any true classics in here but still really enjoyable.

Power Wheels Disney/Pixar Cars 2 Lil' Lightning McQueen (Hudson Hornet Piston Cup)
19 used & new from $84.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, November 30, 2012
My son loves it!
It is a good and solid product that should provide many hours of fun for your little one.
As another reviewer mentioned the stickers are very fragile so you must be extra careful when placing them in place.

The battery requires a monthly recharge and accessing it could be a bit easier as you need to remove a few screws to get to it, nothing serious but still worth noticing.

All in all we love it.

Pasta Maker Machine (177) By Cucina Pro - Heavy Duty Steel Construction - with Fettucine and Spaghetti attachment and Recipes
Price: $24.99
15 used & new from $20.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately flawed, July 3, 2012
We had great expectations for this machine and to say the truth it worked well the first time but after that the problems began:
1. The knob used to control the thickness stopped working, this was a simple nut that came loose so a flat tip screwdriver and a small wrench fixed the issue.
2. The entire mechanism became really hard to turn so we had to completely dissasemble,realign and assemble back together.
3. The thickness knob stopped working again.
4. Number 2 above happened again
5. We gave up!

Other reviewers have reported similar issues while some seem to be quite happy with it. The truth is that the balance between 5 and 1 star reviews is close to 50/50 so I'd suggest looking for something more reliable and less risky, even if it means paying a bit more.

Summarizing, I wouldn't let a friend buy this.

Page: 1 | 2