Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Profile for J. Abarquez > Reviews

Browse

J. Abarquez's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Abarquez "Zeek Slider" RSS Feed (Not in this reality)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search
by Gene Luen Yang
Price: $34.48
33 used & new from $28.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! Closure!, March 10, 2014
The biggest mystery in the Avatar universe has been answered, and I couldn't have asked for such an amazing story! New back-stories and locations just add to the already rich world the show has created. Even the little touches of detail pointed out by the margin notes make this story feel more alive!

A must buy for any fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Insten Premium Silicone Skin Case for iPod touch 1G/2G (Purple)
Insten Premium Silicone Skin Case for iPod touch 1G/2G (Purple)

4.0 out of 5 stars It will do..., May 29, 2013
After my first case for my iPod Touch 1G started breaking to the point where my iPod would slide out of it, I bought this case to replace it. The Silicone is actually thinner than what I expected. Comparatively, it is about as thin as the thinnest part of a Wii Remote Controler Jacket. It does the job, and seeing how my iPod rarely leaves my pocket, I'm not sure how it does for bumps and drops. Honestly, I was expecting it to be thicker.

The case is also clearly designed for 2G/3G iPods, as there are contour molds for volume buttons that my 1G does not have. The light reader hold is moved to the center, but the material is thin enough to where this doesn't hinder the function for the 1G model.

I know I need to upgrade to a more current model of iPod, but for the model I do have, this case will do for the job that needs to be done.

Slushy Magic Slush Cup
Slushy Magic Slush Cup
Offered by Nemean lion LLC
Price: $8.54
29 used & new from $3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't spend MY money on it., February 19, 2013
This review is from: Slushy Magic Slush Cup (Toy)
I used a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card on this product because it was cheap and on the impulse purchase area of the store. I used it once to make a pineapple juice and milk slush, and it worked out just fine. The second time I used it, I tried soda, and that was a disaster. It's clear that this product is designed for non-carbonated liquids despite the fact the box and adverts says it can work with sodas and energy drinks. However, what was the big disappointment was that after only two uses, the fill line started fading. Not really surprised by this. I'm just surprised that myself for thinking an "As Seen On TV" product would have used a better quality of paint for something that is claimed to be dishwasher safe. The Ice Cubes have not broke yet, but rinsing off the slush from the bags in order to refreeze them has created some thin frost residue that causes them to stick to the plastic door/tray I kept them in. If I'm not careful from here on out, I could accidentally break the bags trying to remove them from the freezer.

BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray]
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Price: $68.99
54 used & new from $40.35

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. That's for sure., November 17, 2011
I pre-ordered this version when it was first announced because I didn't care to have all the special features but still wanted the movies. Since I knew a box set would be coming out, my patience has been somewhat rewarded by this product. However, you do get what you pay for, and given the cheap per unit rate that I paid for (which is around $10 per movie), I am pleased with the purchase.

It is disappointing to learn that this is just a repackaging of the existing Blu-ray discs that are currently in other sets, as well as the lack of proper representation of the disc art as photographed by the product image in this listing. But these are just minor complaints.

Again, I was not looking for a LOST style box set, with feelies and loads of extras that are just as long as the movies themselves. I was looking for a collection that had all the movies so I could revisit and enjoy them all over again. And for that, I'm happy with this purchase and this product.

ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition
ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition
DVD ~ Kathleen Barr
Offered by ClassicFlix
Price: $44.57
23 used & new from $36.41

4.0 out of 5 stars All The Episodes in One Nice Package, April 6, 2011
I love the fact that this box set has a few more extras than the Season Sets it includes, but it loses a star because of the lack of other features it could include.

The audio commentaries state that there were two IMAX rides in the ReBoot franchise. Where are they included on the DVD package?

There was also an alternate ending to the episode The Madusa Bug. What happened to that footage?

Still, for what it's worth, the complete collection of episode is a joy to revisit and I never get tired of the show. I still recommend it to anyone who knows a lot about computers and geek culture, as there is something in each episode for both.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Device to Back Up Old School Pokemon On, March 12, 2011
I learned about this device when I discovered that my untouched Pokemon Crystal game had a dead internal battery, and to be prefectly honest, it is clear that this was designed with retro-gamers of the Pokemon franchise in mind.

What it does is pretty simple: it saves the information on the game onto a chip in the memory card. Should the GB Game's internal battery run dry and require a replacement, this device can restore the game to the last saved state that was backed up onto it. I tested this out with a copy of Pokemon Blue, and everything was restored perfectly. Nicknames, stats, where I was standing during that save, the game's ID number, etc.

There are some issues that I have with the device.

Mine was shipped with a slight crack in the case. Nothing too damanging, but enough to cause the seam to not be flush with each peice.

The other issue I have is that I'm using this on a GBA SP. It works fine for that model, but the way the game and the device are oriented makes holding the GBA SP rather awkward for about an hour or so before getting used to it.

Finally, the other annoying issue is that you cannot over-write files on the chip. You have to delete the old one before backing up the new one per game. I can forgive having to turn off and on the device every time you want to save or restore your data, but an over-writing feature, complete with a confirmation screen like the they present when you restore your data, would be nice.

If you are still playing your old Pokemon Games (or any games that run on internal save batteries) and are worried about losing your game when they run dry, I highly recommend picking this up! It's worth the price for the peace of mind.

Wii Energy Pak for Wii Balance Board
Wii Energy Pak for Wii Balance Board
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $14.99
29 used & new from $2.37

2.0 out of 5 stars One static spark will kill it!, December 6, 2010
I had this charger pack for 20 months before a single static discharge spark killed its ability to charge! That's right, the battery pack caused a static shock to discharge upon inserting the charger into it's plug. When that happened, the LED light turned off. I'm convinced that I've found this rechareable battery pack's fatal flaw. It can kill itself thanks to the battery pack discharging a static spark.

If you can leave the unit plugged into the wall after you get it and don't remove any of the attachments, then this battery pack is worth the investment. However, if you are like me and have to disconnect the battery pack because the cord is too short and/or gets in the way of the function of the Balance Board, then consider this your fair warning.

As it turns out, Nintendo is investingating this product's line of rechargeable batteries for their Wii Remotes and Balance Board. The customer service representative I talked to about this product said that none of their batteries have been tested by Nintendo, and they (Nintendo) have recieved reports from customers ranging from the battery completely shorting out the controler to messing the battery charge indicator feature. If you intend on buying this product, keep this in mind.

Bottom line: If this product works for you, DON'T UNPLUG IT FROM THE WALL IF YOU CAN HELP IT!!!

Nyko Wii Charge Station
Nyko Wii Charge Station
Offered by J.F.J
Price: $24.90
43 used & new from $3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars After 18 months of use, it's dead., December 6, 2010
I bought this shortly after I got my Wii in the hope of saving me some coin from buying batteries. After 18 months of use, one of the battery packs no longer hold a charge. What sucks even more is the fact that the charger refuses to charge the one good battery out of the pair. I ended up having to switch back to rechareable NiMH batteries, as it is not worth the effort or money to buy both a replacement charger and battery for the ones that stop working.

Bottom line: It's good for the casual when it works, but don't expect it to last you longer than 18 months.

Ponyo (Two-Disc Special Edition + Plush Toy)
Ponyo (Two-Disc Special Edition + Plush Toy)
DVD ~ Matt Damon

4.0 out of 5 stars A Cute Gift for a Miyazaki Fan, March 24, 2010
It's very rare to see a DVD coupled with a plush toy like this, especially from a movie under the Disney banner. They like to keep those things separate so they can generate more income. But this gift set is perfect for Ponyo! After watching the film, how can you not pine for one of these Ponyo Plushies?!

You may want to be careful, however. The construction of the plushie may differ in quality. For example, mine has a shorter "skirt" than the one I saw at the store about a week after I recieved mine. But that's a personal pet peeve and shouldn't bother anyone that isn't very nit-picky about their stuffed toys.

Now if only Disney did this with Totoro...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2010 8:00 PM PDT

Toy Story Mania! - Nintendo Wii
Toy Story Mania! - Nintendo Wii
Offered by coastbooks100
Price: $44.98
113 used & new from $3.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a "Mania" as it is a "Party", September 21, 2009
If you've been looking for a collection of mini-games for a Wii Party but have been turned off by the lack of captivating characters, then this is the answer you've been looking for. The Toy Story gang are here to provide you with a variety of midway games for you and others to enjoy. Well, kind of.

While the majority of the games are a variation on the same shooting gallery concept, the other games you will find are really hit and miss. Some "Simon Says" style games that involve shaking the Wii Remote mixed in with ski ball and probably the strangest version of the popular Breakout game I've seen can only provide a detour for so long. However, once you get yourself a large group of competative players, the type of game really doesn't matter. The amount of fun you'll be having makes up for it.

That said, this game is clearly made for multi-player play. While you can play it in a single player mode for personal high scores, it isn't as fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2009 11:28 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3