Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for S. Boyd > Reviews

Browse

S. Boyd's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Boyd RSS Feed (Rockfield, KY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sperry Top-Sider Saltwater Rain Boot (Little Kid/Big Kid), Brown/Brown, 4 M US Big Kid
Price: $69.95
7 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE them! Very comfortable to wear and warm, January 17, 2016
I bought these for myself, I wear a women's size 5. I LOVE them! Very comfortable to wear and warm!

Khombu Mens Chicago Insulated Winter Boot,Brown,8M
Khombu Mens Chicago Insulated Winter Boot,Brown,8M

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice purchase, December 28, 2015
I bought these as a gift for my dad for Christmas as an alternative to pricier boots. They are very nice (so nice, he asked my mother if I'd be upset if he wore them outside) & he was happy with them doing regular chores outside like feeding animals, trimming trees, etc. I'm anxious to see how they hold up long-term, but for now we are very pleased with the boots.

A Charming Wish (Magical Cures Mystery Series Book 3)
A Charming Wish (Magical Cures Mystery Series Book 3)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest showing from this author., July 30, 2015
I'll be honest, if the author of this book wasn't sweet as Kentucky tea, I'd only leave 2 stars & feel justified in doing so. This book was my least favorite in the series so far. There were so many typos and structural errors that it was extremely distracting. I kept thinking I had misread lines, rereading them and still being just as confused. The book was disjointed, very little continuity and the absolute worst reason for a murder that I've ever come across. Some important topics that should have been given more time and importance were glossed over where as other events could have been left out completely as they didn't add anything to the story, just muddled everything up farther.

Also, can we all agree that "teletransport" is not ok? It's teleport. Everyone knows that, even those who didn't grow up with an annoying little brother that made them watch Star Trek. And it's not necessary to refer to the university as "Hidden Hall A Spiritualist University" every time it's mentioned, Hidden Hall is sufficient.

Now for the good stuff: the book is not without good qualities. Tonya Kappes is excellent at imagery. The world she has created is, well, magical. She makes me want to run through the woods and find Eloise's tree house and to find this magical town so I can see all the shops. The author does an excellent job of creating her world and most of the character development is strong. It's just disappointing that so much of the good about this work is negated by the negatives noted above.

Will I read more of this series? I'd say there's a 95% chance that I will. As I said from the beginning, this author is as sweet as they come. She genuinely loves her fans and interacts with them regularly. Yesterday on her FB page she posted a picture of her writing post cards for her fans while she was on vacation at the beach. I don't know any others that would do that. So, while the writing may not be as strong as I'd like it to be, I'm more than willing to keep reading, hoping to see some improvements and to see what happens in this crazy little village.

Love Finds a Home
Love Finds a Home
DVD ~ Sarah Jones
Price: $5.99
63 used & new from $0.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy, but good!, April 9, 2015
This review is from: Love Finds a Home (DVD)
I'm giving this 4 stars - mainly because of Michael Trevino's performance. He told me he had so much fun filming this & getting to mess with the horses... and how lame his accent was. I thought it was a cute movie. I got sucked into it!

Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This may be the worst movie ever made, September 25, 2014
This review is from: Vampire Academy (Amazon Video)
This may be the worst movie ever made. Wardrobe was bad, hair & make up was bad & poor acting on most of the cast. Sure, it had it's moments when I laughed, but mostly, just no.

Mr Shield For Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (G870) Premium Clear Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Offered by Mr.Shield
Price: $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product! It came with good instructions and all ..., September 25, 2014
Excellent product! It came with good instructions and all the necessary stickers / adhesives to get the screen protector on with no bubbles or dust! Highly recommend!

E LV GLXYHYBDLS5ATV-HP Active Dual Layer Armor Defender Full Body Protective Case, Shock-Absorption Impact Resistant Bundle with Stylus & Digital Cleaner, Hot Pink
Offered by Turn On Tech
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The case itself is fine, ok protection when I get the pink shell ..., September 25, 2014
The case itself is fine, ok protection when I get the pink shell on, the rubber doesn't stick out far enough on the buttons to allow easy access. The buttons are basically flush with the plastic shell so it's not easy to just tap a button.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Case, Cimo [Grip] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case For Samsung Galaxy S 5 V Active (2014) - Blue
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $9.93
2 used & new from $6.98

3.0 out of 5 stars I put it on my red/maroon phone & it looks like this weird ugly green color, September 25, 2014
The case is VERY see-through. I put it on my red/maroon phone & it looks like this weird ugly green color. If it were more opaque, I would like it better. But, it adds a little protection to the housing of the phone, which is what I bought it for.

Dish Network 6.0 IR/UHF PRO Remote
Dish Network 6.0 IR/UHF PRO Remote
Offered by Fulfield by Amazing
Price: $17.50
6 used & new from $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought in March - 6 months later it has ..., September 25, 2014
I bought in March - 6 months later it has stopped working completely. Within the last month it has only been working abut 1/2 the time but it has officially given up the ghost now.

Outward Hound Kyjen  31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown
Outward Hound Kyjen 31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown
Price: $7.99
52 used & new from $7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy that my girls love!, July 7, 2014
My miniature Dachshund played with one of these at a friend's house and she loved it so much I had to buy her one of her own. She and my Australian Cattle dog both love this toy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3