Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Profile for Anthony > Reviews

Browse

Anthony's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony RSS Feed

Universal Selectorized 445 Dumbbells and Stand
Universal Selectorized 445 Dumbbells and Stand
Price: $329.00
8 used & new from $329.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Universal Power-Pak 445 verses Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells, November 30, 2012
I was not sure if I should get the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells or the Universal Power Pak. The Bowflex SelectTech 552 don't seem to be very durable. There are YouTube videos showing the plastic selector plates break easy and they show how to repair with glue since they are breaking so frequently. They also talk about ordering other parts on EBay for repairs, so apparently there are issues with other parts. They also say you need to set the dumbbells down gently in order not to break the plastic selector plates. I needed dumbbells that are durable. Sometimes I can't set dumbbells down gently due to I am exhausted after the set. You also have to set/adjust the weight on BOTH sides of each dumbbell. I thought the Bowflex may be nice since you can adjust in 2.5 lb. increments up to 25 lbs. But then I started thinking that I have never been able to adjust conventional type dumbbells in 2.5 lb. increments, so what's the point.
Based on the aforementioned, I purchased the Universal Power Pak. The Universals have been great. You can set/adjust the weight on either side of each dumbbell, which is very convenient. They come with a stand, but you don't need to use the stand if you want to save space. You only need the trays the dumbbell rests in. The trays can sit on the floor, table, or mounted to the stand. I saw other reviews where some said they don't like the stand design because it doesn't use a pedestal. The stand design is great because it DOESN'T use a pedestal. The stand design allows you to more easily store stuff under it. Some other reviewer complained about the weight plates being noisy clanking together. I do not see this as a problem at all. They are quieter than the old school steel weight plates on a dumbbell hand bars I had been using. I hope this review helps others. It was very difficult for me to decide between the two types. I have been very happy with this purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 10:11 AM PDT