Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for CRB > Reviews

Browse

CRB's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CRB RSS Feed

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
by Yuval Noah Harari
Price: $21.41
125 used & new from $16.60

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, well researched and well written work., June 4, 2016
This is an excellent, well researched and well written work. I found the discussion of ancient humans and their societies of most interest. The origins of humans was explained in an objective manner, addressing the out of Africa and related theories with unbiased logic and with as many facts as can be ascertained by modern research. Along with that the origins of religious thought and this impact on present day society is also presented with clarity and logic.

As with most of the works of Stephen Jay Gould, this book utilizes the impact of the Darwinian revolution to explain not just the physical aspects of humanity but to expand it to all aspects of civilization. It also touches on some of the extreme applications of social engineering that were attempted in the name of Darwin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2016 2:22 AM PDT

Fancii LED 5X Handheld Magnifier Set with Light - Large Detachable Lenses 3X 5X - Best Illuminated Magnifying Glass for Seniors Reading, Low Vision, Macular Degeneration, Craft and Hobby
Offered by Fancii®
Price: $33.99
15 used & new from $15.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, October 30, 2015
This magnifier is useless. The distortion is so great outside the center of the lens that it can not be used to read anything but a very few words at any one time and doing so means holding the magnifier very, very steady and no more than perhaps half an inch above the page. This complaint is for the larger lens and the distortion of the smaller lens makes it even more difficult to use. A worthless piece of junk.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2015 11:13 AM PST

SadoTech Model CXR Wireless Doorbell with 1 Remote Button and 2 Plugin Receivers Operating at over 500-feet Range with Over 50 Chimes, No Batteries Required for Receivers, (White), Fixed Code C Series
Offered by SW LLC (US Seller and Ships from US)
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $25.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doorbell is not illuminated., December 29, 2014
The doorbell does not light up on the doorpost except momentarily after it is pushed. As soon as I find one that will have a light I will toss this one. I expected the doorbell to have a light that can be seen (particularly at night) and I was surprised to find that this did not have one. I checked with the company and they confirmed that it was not illuminated, but that was after I purchased it ... I imagine that I should have checked with them before I purchased it but it did not occur to me that it would be unlit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 2:43 PM PST

How To Download a Youtube Video
How To Download a Youtube Video
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, July 30, 2014
This is a front for a bunch of ads. It converts nothing. Worthless junk and I had to pay for it!

My City, My Los Angeles: Famous People Share Their Favorite Places
My City, My Los Angeles: Famous People Share Their Favorite Places
by Jeryl Brunner
Price: $13.46
47 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, June 24, 2013
One thinks of Los Angeles as anything but a Mecca of high culture but Jeryl Brunner proves that wrong. The variety of people she interviewed and the myriads and myriads of restaurants, activities, art and other institutions included in this very clever book shows that there is more to LA than one expects. Just as in her other book, the one on New York City, this is an invaluable addition to a visit. In fact I can think of no better way to prepare for a trip to LA than readng this book. I lived there for seven years and even so I found places and things to do in her new book that I never knew of when I lived there.

Drive Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair, Black Frame, 19"
Drive Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair, Black Frame, 19"
Price: $129.99
34 used & new from $129.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive description!, April 16, 2013
I just received the chair and it weighed over 17 pounds without the foot supports. There is a big, big difference between the advertised weight and the actual weight, almost 20% higer, and when dealing with this type of mobility aid a 20% difference in wight is quite significant, partuclarly for the person who has to transport it and otherwise handle it. The advertised weight should be shown accurately. Its stated 14.5 pounds is incorrect, and deceptive, and requies only a scale to verify.

Get Rich with Options: Four Winning Strategies Straight from the Exchange Floor
Get Rich with Options: Four Winning Strategies Straight from the Exchange Floor
by Lee Lowell
Price: $38.18
74 used & new from $7.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Immoral book!, October 23, 2011
This book just introduces a paid options service. There are examples, graphs, techniques, that are only available for a fee. The promotional material for the book should have noted that the book is nothing more than an advertisement for this service . . what a wasted purchase since I have no intention of subscribing to its service. I'm surprised that AMAZON.COM would allow this book to be sold without so notifying its patrons.

My City, My New York: Famous New Yorkers Share Their Favorite Places
My City, My New York: Famous New Yorkers Share Their Favorite Places
by Jeryl Brunner
Price: $12.70
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 4, 2011
This is to NYC what A MOVEABLE FEAST is to Paris. I can read it for hours just for the mood and with it under my arm I will be able to find the best of The City. Jeryl did a wonderful job in finding interesting people and in encouraging them (although many of them didn't need encouragement, I would expect) to talk from the heart about the most exciting city on the planet.