Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Rebecca B > Reviews

Browse

Rebecca B's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca B RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)

Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Offered by Shopville USA
Price: $399.99
116 used & new from $181.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Outstanding and Unique, November 22, 2013
What an amazing machine! Short verdict: easy, powerful, impressive, not a single problem or complaint.

- I was able to set it up in minutes.
- Detected my wireless network and encountered no problems or error messages while connecting.
- Although some people may have to try to “Update” more than once, it worked the first time for me.
- Once I Signed-In to XBOX Live, I set-up the Kinect. It was, again, easy and intuitive. I was able to use voice commands right away. For those who have trouble initially trying to determine the correct phrases to use, there is a quick Speech Tutorial, under Popular Apps, that you can watch. Or, say, “XBOX Select” to see some on-screen suggestions.
- I adore how easy it is to use codes on the new system! Just hold up the QR code, and the Kinect automatically scans it - almost instantly, in fact. No more typing in 25-character strings!
- I was playing in minutes! I put in the Forza 5 disc, I was prompted for an update to the game, and it took all of 2 minutes. I could have begun playing then, but I wanted to install it first. After only another 2 minutes, although it was still being installed, I was able to begin playing the game! The install continued in the background, but I didn’t notice it at all.
- The controller is SO comfortable. It feels solid and well built, yet not too heavy. The buttons seem perfectly placed; they are very responsive.
- The Snap feature is a truly outstanding feature that; it is a game changer in the business of console gaming. I can’t wait until Football Sunday! With the NFL app, I can play my XBOX and not miss a single game highlight. If something happens, a quick voice command takes the NFL app to full screen (auto-pausing my console game) and lets me revel in the action of a great play! When I’m ready, I can simply return to playing my game, right where I was.

I could go on, but I could hardly pull myself from it to write this review. However, I felt it was sorely needed. As you can see, I actually pre-ordered my console from Amazon. I believe too many people who just dislike Microsoft, or who want to sabotage sales for some inane reason, write false reviews portending great woes. I would read unverified purchase reviews with a healthy dose of skepticism.

TV Listings - Fast and easy
TV Listings - Fast and easy
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I needed, December 27, 2011
This review is from: TV Listings - Fast and easy (App)
supereasy to setup
love that it gives current choices, but also what's coming up in an easy to read way, rather than the traditional grid format which I've always disliked
have also begun to use the reminders & they, too, work great - lots of choice for how far ahead you want it
tried the others, like this one BEST

Verso Rechargeable Arc Light for Kindle, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard (Graphite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, January 10, 2011
This is truly the best light accessory for the Kindle 3 currently available; I couldn't be happier with it.

The clip fits *perfectly* without scratching the Kindle's case. It has high-friction pads the sit against the Kindle, so even tipped upside down and shaken, it doesn't come off. The best way to remove it, is to just tilt it off. It comes off easily this way, rather than trying to pull directly up on it.

I like being able to charge it by simply plugging it into my computer or laptop via a USB port. Some reviewers complained about the lack of an AC adapter. Easily fixed! As the Kindle comes with a USB to AC adapter for charging the Kindle itself. I have had no problem attaching the 'plug' part to the charging cord for the Verso light. In fact, both the Kindle's mini-USB cord and the one provided for the light are interchangeable. Another plus! I tend to keep the Kindle's longer (white) cord with my computer and the light's smaller (black) cord with my laptop so that I'm never hunting for one. I love not dealing with bulky batteries. Also, unlike using regular batteries, which can cause the light to dim as they wear down, this never dims. I read nightly for hours - I generally charge the light once a week.

The color is a great match for the Kindle's graphite.

Finally, I chose this "Arc" version of the Verso light over the adjustable "Wrap" style:
Verso Rechargeable Wrap Light for Kindle (Graphite).
I'm glad that I did. The light is always right where it should be. However, if you prefer to be able to adjust the angles, then I would still recommend the "Wrap Light" over the other styles I've seen.

Happy reading!