Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now
Profile for T. Gunby > Reviews

Browse

T. Gunby's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Gunby "Tanya" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Improve Your Handwriting (Teach Yourself)
Improve Your Handwriting (Teach Yourself)
by Rosemary Sassoon
50 used & new from $4.52

5.0 out of 5 stars I have never had good penmanship, June 26, 2013
It's always bugged me that I haven't had great penmanship. This book is very non-judgemental and gives you different options and also shows people using differing styles as to what works for them. This book does have examples but does not have practice sheets, but I'm ok with that. I now hold my pen differently and I don't have hand cramping. Just by doing that and the exercises, it's improving. I practice every day.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, March 21, 2013
Recently I had some highlights put in and heard about "purple" shampoo. This really does work to make the blonde stand out without looking fake. Love the smell too! Seller packed this really well too. Fast shipping!

Large Extra Firm Tush Cush Seat Cushion - Navy
Large Extra Firm Tush Cush Seat Cushion - Navy
Offered by Bois Blanc Supply
Price: $56.00
9 used & new from $56.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Piriformis syndrome or sciatica?, March 21, 2013
I'm pretty sure I had an issue with the piriformis. It's a small muscle that is basically above the sciatic nerve. This has been a problem for me for probably 2 years. I get up and walk around from my desk and stretch, but it wasn't enough to help long term. It affected my walking and hurt when I was trying to sleep. I use the cushion at work and it took a few weeks, but the piriformis issue has been resolved. If I don't use the cushion, I realize how hard office chairs really are. I still get up and walk around and stretch, but the cushion has been the most helpful.

Queen Helene Professional Cleansing Cream, Triple Whipped, 15 Ounce [Packaging May Vary]
Price: $7.00
17 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dry, chapped skin., January 26, 2013
I really like this product. I had received a clarisonic for Christmas and due to sensitive skin, my face got dry and chapped. I went in Sally and the sales clerk pointed me in the right direction. She said she uses baby wipes to get it off her face. I use a microfiber facial disk.

I could be wrong, but you will still feel this on your skin after you wipe it off. I think that's the intent, to continue to condition the skin.

This also takes all makeup off. And the scent is very nice.

CyberStyle(TM) 10PC wearable nail art soakers Ongle acrylic removal
CyberStyle(TM) 10PC wearable nail art soakers Ongle acrylic removal
Offered by SDDmall
Price: $2.46
15 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, December 21, 2012
These are great! They do what they're supposed to. The one thing I do before using acetone is soak what skin will be exposed in olive oil, but any oil will do. It really helps and doesn't affect getting the nails off.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 14, 2012
After reading reviews about different cases, the biggest complaint was them tipping over and being poorly made. This is plastic and it's great! It has a large bottom tray, a secondary tray that pops up with a rather large mirror. It also has a removable pencil tray.

This can hold a lot and would fit a brush and a small hair spay. This is sturdy, cute and it stays put

Frenchi Home Furnishing  Two Piece Vanity Set with Queen Anne Design Rich Cherry Finish
Frenchi Home Furnishing Two Piece Vanity Set with Queen Anne Design Rich Cherry Finish
4 used & new from $125.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, November 19, 2012
Cheap, in a good way. I put this together and it works well for me. The one thing to note is that there are no drilled out holes to attach the mirror to the back of the table, HOWEVER, the wood is soft and easy to drill into. I got the screws in with a non-powered screw driver, even with my hands.

The bench comes with holes on the bottom and if I had it to do over again, I would have gotten rollers. The bench sits on the carpet and when I tried to scoot back once, one of the legs caught and the base that holds the leg cracked. Gorilla Glue came in handy and now the bench is pretty sturdy. Originally I had thought of putting it together with wood glue. When I did the repair, I put it back together with glue just to make sure everything was secure.

Seche Ultra-V UV Lamp
Seche Ultra-V UV Lamp
Offered by YO Beauty Supply
Price: $7.33
6 used & new from $5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well!, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Seche Ultra-V UV Lamp (Misc.)
I bought this new at Sally Beauty and I use it constantly. Battery operated or it can plug in. It's a cheaper way to go. The woman in Sally said the result may take a little longer, but it works well. I use regular nail polish and buy the clear UV top coat. I was having problems getting any nail polish to set and this takes care of it.

January First: A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her
by Michael Schofield
71 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and negative, August 23, 2012
I do like this book, a few things bother me about the father. This may just be me, but in life I always question parents who put their kids in the forefront of media attention. In a lot of ways, this is good so other parents know they're not alone. On the other hand, I wonder if the media attention gets out of control and I mean for the parents.

I have read the following from the Blog: spitbristleandfury.wordpress.com

"The Schofields have enlisted the services of Steve Truitt -- a talent coach, media trainer, life coach and hypnotherapist. I think if one were to write a book about a child's emotional state being exploited in a situation where truth is already a hazy commodity, the talent coach/hypnotherapist would probably be introduced some time around chapter three and the outcome would be predictably bad simply by his being there. That's fine for a novel but we're talking about a life story. A more glaring and potentially damaging conflict of interest might be hard to find, lending itself all to well to a child being groomed in the interest of personal gain and it all makes me wonder what's more important here -- Jani's health or Jani's story? In fairness, I don't know to what extent or in what capacity Truitt is working for them as he's simply listed on their website as Media: Steve Truitt but it's a frightening addition to an already volatile mix."

If you go to Steve Truitt's website, he's termed as a "Life Coach." I don't think that is a bad thing. In no way am I an expert. I have an autistic child who is 7 and has to be watched 24/7, but I don't have to worry about him attacking others.

I don't criticize what they've done or how they've done it in terms of living their lives. What would any of us do in this situation? Sleep deprivation, no time to be a married couple, no time to themselves and no understanding from friends and relatives. The lack of support from mental health community is mind boggling.

One more excerpt from spitbristleandfury.wordpress.com.

"Anyone who's read this weblog for any period of time is likely to have heard of January Schofield. She and her family were on Oprah recently on a story about their struggle with her "mental illness." I find it appalling that Oprah, much like Shari Roan, covered the story without even mentioning the fact that Jani's parents have admitted to beating and starving her. Michael, Jani's father even wrote about it on his blog though after some readers' responses he removed the part where he admits to starving her."

I don't know what to think there.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 5:54 AM PST

SLectionAccess Wallet Case for Universal/Smartphones - Beige
SLectionAccess Wallet Case for Universal/Smartphones - Beige
Offered by eBigValue Inc (Ships from USA)
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, June 27, 2012
I got this case for my 11 year old daughter and it fits perfectly, and doesn't fall off easily. She loves it and its trendy for her generation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6