Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for icedearth15324 > Reviews

Browse

icedearth15324's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

icedearth15324 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Blue Life Safety Stop, Single
Blue Life Safety Stop, Single
Offered by Custom Hydroponic
Price: $11.48
2 used & new from $11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps with peace of mind, August 22, 2014
I first found out about Blue Life Safety Stop when I ordered saltwater fish online from a particular vendor. I decided for the price, why not give it a shot.

The total time spent using this product is around 30-45 minutes per bath. Once fish are acclimated to your tank, you then put them in bath 1 with an air stone, and let them sit there for 30-45 minutes. After bath one, you move them over to bath 2.

Now I'm not saying it's a miracle cure for any diseases or parasites the fish may have, but it definitely doesn't hurt to give it a try. I used it on fish i ordered online, as well as a copperband butterfly I bought in store, and all of them haven't had a single sign of diseases. They are all super healthy, and eat like pigs.

So for the small price of this item, the peace of mind is worth it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great powerhead for the price, August 22, 2014
This is my 3rd one of these, I initially bought the first two in a group buy straight from Jebao.

The pumps themselves are good, they have a wide array of options, and definitely provide a good amount of flow. They are quieter than Vortech MPs, but take up more room inside the tank as well as require the cables to be inside. They are smaller than koralias though, and offer a lot more options. And for the price, they can't be beat. For the price of a single MP40, you can get 4-5 of these, and although it may not look as nice, it works.

The cons - The power supply is a little cheap, and sometimes sparks when plugging it in. Once it's plugged in though, it runs without problems most of the time. I have however discovered that certain times the magnets can keep the pump from running depending on what position it is in, but once you get it in a proper location, there's nothing to worry about.

I definitely say for the price, you can't beat these, except with the newer versions they just released.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 3:28 PM PDT

Bulk Reef Supply BRS GFO HIGH CAPACITY Granular Ferric Oxide 1.75 lbs
Bulk Reef Supply BRS GFO HIGH CAPACITY Granular Ferric Oxide 1.75 lbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but definitely worth it, January 23, 2014
I've been a big fan of Bulk Reef Supply's GFO for awhile now. It helps keep my phosphates down and keeps the water looking crystal clear. I just recently switched to the High Capacity GFO and wow does it make a difference. You have to use less than the normal stuff, but it does a much better job than the regular stuff. Since I've been using it, I haven't had any big algae outbreaks.

Although pricey, this is definitely one of the best GFOs you can get.

Rothco 8'' Forced Entry Side Zip Tact Boot, Black, 13
Rothco 8'' Forced Entry Side Zip Tact Boot, Black, 13
Offered by Shekinah Stuff
Price: $61.98
11 used & new from $52.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Tight, January 23, 2014
I've been looking for a good pair of boots to wear during the winter time for quite awhile now. My car has a heavy throttle and wearing steel-toed boots was an extreme pain to drive in during Chicago rush hour traffic. So I was looking for a good, light-weight boot that wasn't super expensive. I then came upon these.

I read good reviews on them, and the price was right, so I decided to buy them. When they came in I tried them on immediately and discovered they fit almost perfectly. I wear between a size 13-14 depending on how wide the shoe is, and I ordered a size 13. My initial test-walk in my house went well and I felt they were very comfortable.

The next day I decided they were good so I wore them to work. They are very warm and the leather does a good job of keeping your foot insulated. By the time I got to work, my feet were sweating. It was also during this drive that I discovered the main issue with the boots. Near my ankle bones, there is a piece that kept cutting into my ankle during the first couple days of walking in them. It left my ankles slightly scraped up, but after breaking the shoes in it either doesn't do it anymore, or I just don't notice it anymore.

Once broken in, the boots are quite comfortable, and I have no issue walking in the snow in them. My only other complaint is if you have bigger calves, they may be a little tight. It isn't horrible, but sometimes it is a little difficult to fully zip up the boots.

I'm happy with them so far, and hopefully I'll continue enjoying them.

Rose Gold Flashed Silver Accent Diamond and Morganite Ring (0.07 Cttw, G-H Color, I2-I3 Clarity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, September 25, 2013
I bought this ring for my girlfriend as an anniversary gift. Needless to say, it left her speechless. For the price, the ring is much better than I had expected it to be. The gem is nice and shiny, and gives off a nice pinkish color. In the sunlight, it sparkles and looks really nice.

The whole first weekend she had it she never wanted to take it off and I always caught her staring at it.

The band is thin but it it matches the size of the stone.

At this price point, you really can't go wrong with this ring.

Sennheiser CX 680 Earfin Sports Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sennheiser CX 680 Earfin Sports Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by GMartGlobal
Price: $41.95
11 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for working out, November 26, 2012
Bought these for my morning workouts, and I have definitely been happy with them.

The sound quality is good. They allow me to drown out the sounds of the other people in the gym, allowing me to concentrate easier. The fit is fantastic, I can lift, ride a bike, run, and work on the elliptical, without them falling out. Even after intense workouts, they stay in.

My only gripe against them is the length of the cord. It has a short cord, and then an extension with the controller attached. I'm a tall person, and with the extension, the controller comes down to around mid-waist, and I am unable to connect it to anything, so it dangles there. Luckily I use an ipod shuffle when working out, and don't need the extension. But still, if I was to use any other device, it would be very annoying while working out. If they would make the main cable just 6 inches longer, or move the controller down about 6 inches, I'd give this 5 stars.

Somewhere Back in Time: The Best of 1980-1989 [Vinyl]
Somewhere Back in Time: The Best of 1980-1989 [Vinyl]
Offered by FIRELIGHT
Price: $86.29
18 used & new from $60.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection, November 26, 2012
I bought this for my cousin for his birthday, and we finally listened to it not long ago. The artwork is amazing, which is expected being an Iron Maiden album. The discs are also covered in the same amazing artwork.

The sound quality was great, and playing it on vinyl definitely made us feel nostalgic while listening to the classics.

Would definitely recommend for any Iron Maiden fan out there.

Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player (Old Model)
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player (Old Model)
Offered by Top Shelf Buyers Group
Price: $74.99
36 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Worth It, November 26, 2012
The amount of features packed into what the Roku can do alone makes it a worthwhile purchase.

Between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, you can have large amounts of content streamed to the device. There are also hundreds of apps you can download that will allow you to stream sports, movies, tv shows, many of them are even free.

I personally use the device to stream content from my media server using the software Plex. It handles the videos perfectly, it even gives descriptions on each movie, showing it like a full library.

The wireless is fantastic, streaming HD videos in crystal clear quality.

On top of all this, the electric footprint of the device is so low, that it technically doesn't have an off switch. It goes into a sleep mode when not being used, and sits there the whole time. It's definitively quieter and cooler than my PS3.

I showed my dad the device once and he was impressed with how easy to use it was. I may be buying a second one for him for christmas.

CyberPower CP600LCD Intelligent LCD UPS 600VA 340W Compact
CyberPower CP600LCD Intelligent LCD UPS 600VA 340W Compact
Price: $65.98
144 used & new from $53.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, but effective, November 26, 2012
I live in an area that has been plagued by power issues when ever we get inclement weather.

I had already invested in a larger APC unit for my PC, but I have a fish tank that has already suffered from power outages.

So I decided to look into a UPS that could run my filter and heater for a decent amount of time in case of an outage.

This one was at the best price for what I needed. I get around an hour of battery life for my filter, which is usually more than enough time.

My only complaint, which can't be helped, is even though it is a smaller battery, it is still very large. it's about as thick as a standard tower unit, and about 75% of the size. If I had known it was going to be this large, I would have just spent a little more for a tower unit.

WD Red 2TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD20EFRX
Price: Click here to see our price
155 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, November 26, 2012
When I first built my file server, these drives were not available. I ended up using 4 WD green 2TB drives in RAID5. They were low power, but not very fast, which was expected. The price difference between the green and black drives was substantial. If these drives were available at the time, I would have bought them instead.

One of my green drives failed, and I decided to order one of these to replace it. I ran basic speed/stress tests on the drive to verify it wasn't DOA, and then added it to my RAID.

So far so good, and hoping it lives up. If any of my other green drives fail, I intend on replacing them with more of these.

These drives are designed to be used in NAS environments, so they have a great balance between energy-saving and performance. As well as having firmware specifically designed to be used with NAS devices and software.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 10:58 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2