Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for JDW > Reviews

Browse

JDW's Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JDW RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pfister F5327PCC Marielle 1 or 3-Hole Kitchen Faucet, Polished Chrome
Pfister F5327PCC Marielle 1 or 3-Hole Kitchen Faucet, Polished Chrome
Offered by Buildcom
Price: $239.05
2 used & new from $239.05

1.0 out of 5 stars It had nice features and it was easy to maintain and clean, April 24, 2016
My wife and I bought this same faucet (but without the soap dispenser) back in 2012, with the chrome finish. It had nice features and it was easy to maintain and clean. But about a year ago the faucet became more and more difficult to swing from side to side. And then last week it developed a leak at the wand handle connection. The plastic hose and the plastic hose connection became brittle and cracked. Rather than repair it, we opted to replace it with a high quality German-made faucet.

Once the new faucet arrived last night we inspected it and found some significant differences in manufacturing and parts quality. Clearly the Pfister product is lacking quality and attention to detail at this price point.

Overall, we are very disappointed with this product, and we are alarmed at the decline of quality in general with the Price Pfister name.

Fletchers' Mill Federal Pepper Mill, Walnut - 8 Inch
Fletchers' Mill Federal Pepper Mill, Walnut - 8 Inch
Price: $45.49
5 used & new from $37.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Pepper Mill, January 19, 2016
My wife and I were impressed with the stainless steel mechanics and grinder. Using the pepper mill brings a smile to our faces each time because this mill grinds the peppercorns uniformly over and over again. Very nice mill and we expect it will last many years.

We were so impressed that we bought a red 8" pepper mill for our daughter and her husband (more money, of course) and they love their new mill also.

Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Easy-Clean Lid, 16oz, Monaco
Offered by alwaysbargains4u
Price: $11.99
27 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mug For The Money, July 1, 2015
Very nice mug! This mug holds a large quantity of liquid, and keeps it either warm or cold for a longer time than I anticipated. Very pleased.

3 Pack For LG Eclypse C800G LCD Mirror Screen Protector Guard - Perfect Fit
3 Pack For LG Eclypse C800G LCD Mirror Screen Protector Guard - Perfect Fit

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Size, September 2, 2014
The screen protector guards that arrived were not the right size for the C800G.

The Fountainhead
The Fountainhead
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book, June 26, 2014
This review is from: The Fountainhead (Kindle Edition)
Rand's The Fountainhead is one of the best books I've read. Ever. Classic and sassy, I was carried through the book on a river of words and images from start to finish. I loved the book!

Old Salt: Tales from: Childhood, A Kings Point Cadet,  A Fascinating Naval Career
Old Salt: Tales from: Childhood, A Kings Point Cadet, A Fascinating Naval Career
by Mary Clarity
Price: $19.99
20 used & new from $11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book About "Iron Mike" Clarity, February 17, 2014
When I arrived for duty on USS COCHRANE (DDG 21), CAPT Clarity was the commanding officer. I was 18 years old, and COCHRANE was my first assignment after boot camp and administrative training. The crew loved him and performed for him and in return he took great care of the crew and his ship.

Until I read this book, I knew very little about one of the very best officers I worked for during my 21 years in the Navy. But throughout the book I learned his management and leadership skills, how he thought and why, and at the same time I was able to visualize the same things he saw and feel the same things he felt all because of his excellent story-telling and his wife, Mary Clarity's superb writing.

Great book about a great naval career of a truly great Navy officer!

Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $12.99
27 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pooper Scooper, February 17, 2014
No idea why we are so excited about this product. Perhaps because it is a product that doesn't cost an arm and a leg yet it is high quality and it works as advertised -- a rare occurrence these days.

Instead of just a few months, this scoop will last years. High quality, good design and reasonable cost. Huummm -- it must be made in the USA.

Hotel Fine Linens Mercerized King Cotton Blanket, White
Hotel Fine Linens Mercerized King Cotton Blanket, White
Offered by BruleyFamily

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissatisfied, March 22, 2013
We ordered two of the king size white blankets. The arrived today (very quick arrival from the time we ordered the product; thank you Amazon!). However, one of them was in three sections as described in another comment about this product, and the other one is one solid, seamless piece of fabric.

I washed both of them. The sectioned one is already coming apart at the seams.

The other one seems perfectly fine.

I will return the faulty one to Amazon with the expectation of a refund.

I am wondering why American made products are so much better than foreign made products, yet, we continue to put up with this? I wish Amazon would create an "American Made Only" shopping section.

=============

Ok... After living with the one quilt that we kept for about 10 days now, I have the following comments about it:

(1) Although this is an advertised "King Size", in reality, it would make for a suitable full size quilt. We moved this quilt from our king to a queen in one of the guestrooms. Even on a queen bed, it is basically unsatisfactory in size. Put it on the bed so that it fits head to foot, the sides are way, way too narrow. Change it so that the sides are satisfactory, then it is way, way too short head to foot.

(2) Even though this one, the one we kept from the two ordered has no sewn sections, it is starting to "string" at the corners. And this after being washed and dried only two times.

This product was made in India. Either the American company that orders this product from India is inept, dishonest and only interested in a quick profit, or, the manufacturer in India is inept or dishonest, or just plain stupid.

I've lowered my rating of this item from three stars to one star, and I wish there was a ranking for negative stars.

Two truths come to mind regarding this experience: If something seems too good to be true, then beware because it just ain't going to be good; and, you get what you pay for. I paid less than $50 for this item when a good quality item of the same description would have cost $160 or more, and I ended up with junk.

Amazon is just the middle-man in all this. I do not blame Amazon at all for any of this.

Antec One Computer Case
Antec One Computer Case
Price: $50.14
91 used & new from $34.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Case, March 21, 2013
For a case with two good quality fans (I added a third), this is a great case. Did my own build and I'm very happy with this case. Five stars even tho it is a bit smallish inside, but I knew that before I bought it.

Samsung GT-E1205L Keystone 2 Dual Band GSM Phone with FM Rad (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A Phone!, March 21, 2013
My wife and I love this phone! It has no camera. No internet. It is a dumb phone (as opposed to a "smart" phone). We needed a phone to use when we are away from home, and this is a good little phone. No BS about it. Keeps a charge for a very long time. Good sound.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2013 10:20 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4