Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for rebelmomof2 > Reviews

Browse

rebelmomof2's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1439

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rebelmomof2 RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Napkin Rings for Dinners, Parties, Everyday, Set of 6, Gold Maple Leaf
DII Napkin Rings for Dinners, Parties, Everyday, Set of 6, Gold Maple Leaf
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Maple Leaf Napkin Rings!, August 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love using napkin rings even though I don't have company over very often. I usually use the rings throughout fall, winter and spring months. (For some reason, I don't set the table often in the summer time as we're usually out and about then.) Fall is my favorite season to dress up the table and these leaf napkin rings are just gorgeous. The Maple Leaf Gold rings are not every heavy, but they are nice when resting against a cloth napkin. It just spiffs up the dining room table enough to make anyone want to sit down at the table and relax for a good home-cooked meal.

It arrived stored in an unassuming plain box, which I plan to keep so I can store these rings in.I plan on using them throughout the year, even when it is not autumn. It is gorgeous and the right weight for my every day napkins. I plan on buying more to add to the holiday decor and giving them as gifts.

InterDesign RealWood Napkin Rings for Home, Kitchen, Dining Room - Set of 4, Bronze/Walnut Wood Finish
Price: $11.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Napkin Rings, August 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using napkins for awhile now and have a small collection of napkin rings for the four of us to keep our napkins tidy after dinner. This set is gorgeous. It's heavier than a lot of napkin rings that I have. The wooden look/veneer on this is simply gorgeous and will be a great asset for any dining room decor. It's simple but elegant.

It is not too small so you can use a heavier napkin to put through these rings. The price is right for a set of 4 rings as it is not too expensive. It makes a great addition to any dining table.

The only problem I have with this is that the seams are noticeable and on one of my napkin rings, it is raised, almost as if it is going to peel off. I sincerely hope that it won't do that. Other than that, I am pleased with these napkin rings.

18k Gold Plated Sterling Silver Multi Gemstone "Mom" Heart Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $32.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Moms ..., August 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is absolutely gorgeous. It's not gaudy or big like some of the other necklaces that are featured for sale on Amazon. I like the fact that there are multi gemstones there and I don't have any problems distinguishing the colors. It is the size of a nickle, but it is not really small that you can't see what the necklace is.

It is perfect for new moms as well as for grandmothers, and all the mothers in between. The price is right. It's not too expensive and this necklace does not look cheap, if that is a concern. It is just right. It's feminine without being overboard. Any mom would be delighted to get this gift!

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Radiant Cut Yellow Cubic Zirconia 9x7mm and White Cubic Zirconia Ring, Size 7
Price: $19.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, August 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This ring is simply gorgeous and elegant. It is also bigger than I expected too but it is not gaudy like a lot of rings are. It is inexpensive, but doesn't look like it. The size is accurate as well. I love yellow and do have some yellow in my wardrobe, so I can wear this ring as an accessory.

The band is ornate but not overly so. I think it just emphasizes the deep yellow of the stone and it all comes together quite nicely. I love rings and this one is no exception ... it is just gorgeous.

If you're looking for a lovely gift for someone in your life, I think this one would do. It's lovely and even while it is inexpensive, it doesn't look like it.

DII Polyester, Collapsible, Convenient Storage Bin For Office, Bedroom, Closet, Toys, Laundry - Small Round, Mauve Lattice
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Craft Room!, August 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is bigger than I expected.After reading the reviews here, I was expecting a tinier bin to store my stuff in but this is bigger than I expected. I am currently using it as my material stash for now. I have a craft room that is not in use yet while remodeling the basement, and I put my current projects in there to bring upstairs so I can carry my stuff and keep it organized in my dining room. I love it. I really do. It is the small round and though I was told I was getting the Mauve bin, I ended up getting the gray one, which is perfect with my decor.

It is sturdy. I like the rope handles and it is easy to carry between rooms. The price is reasonable. I am thinking of buying several more of these to put in my kids' rooms as well as in the laundry room. They are versatile and sturdy enough to even put groceries in (I would buy the squares, not the rounds for groceries) so it won't fly around in the back of the car.

I also like the design. It is neutral enough to go anywhere in the house, no matter your decor.

It's a bargain and one that fits every budget.

The Foxfire Book of Simple Living: Celebrating Fifty Years of Listenin', Laughin', and Learnin'
by Inc. Foxfire Fund
Price: $19.95
44 used & new from $10.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection of Stories!, August 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are a fan of history, or perhaps missing the "good ol' days," you should definitely get this book. I grew up with the Foxfire set of books that my parents bought when I was a youngster. They both have read it over and over through the years and I have inherited their collection. I have not read them before this book came out. I think I will dust them off and read them for the first time.

This collection is a pure joy to read. I think my favorite section is the one on the blacksmith. I have seen some of the blacksmiths at work in my old hometown where they have a village that celebrates history by introducing arts that not very many people have seen. The blacksmith would work the bellows into the fire and work the steel into some fantastic piece of work, even as simple as a horseshoe or as elegant as a lantern. My sons loved their rings and would consider it their prized possession. At one time, they even dreamed of being a blacksmith. The story in this book reminds me of their joy and awe as they watched someone create something out of fire and steel.

There are so many stories in this book that I have not had the time to read them all, but I will. It is not a book to rush through while reading. It is a book to be savored and re-read, to remember the arts of a simpler time in the not-so-distant past. It is a historical piece of work as well as a lore of useful knowledge.

This book is bound to be one of my favorite books of all time. It is a keeper in everyone's library.

Holding Up the Universe
Holding Up the Universe
by Jennifer Niven
Price: $12.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book for Teens (and adults)!, August 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked this book out for some light reading and was totally blown away by the author's writing. I don't think I have read any books by Jennifer Niven and I didn't realize that I would be in for a treat with this book. I also gave it to one of my teenage boys and he devoured it in one day. This book is geared towards teens but it doesn't feel like a preachy book like some of these YA books can be.

Libby Stout is released from "prison" when she enters high school. For the previous five years, she has been trapped at home because she was known as the "fattest girl" in the town. She has finally lost enough weight where she can go to school again with her peers. She runs into Jack Masselin, one of the school's most popular boys. He is tall, charming and rather handsome, but he is lonely, in spite of his popularity. He harbors a secret that not even his parents knew about. He has face blindness, where he doesn't recognize anyone's face. He has to look for clues every day to figure out who is talking to him.

Because of a bullying incident that involved both of the characters, they are thrown together in community service at the school, and they built up a friendship. They navigated through the usual sorts of teenage angst and odd friends. They worked through the incident of bullying and in the process, they have come to a realization that there is more to life than high school.

This is a bittersweet coming of age story. I love the writing style. I love the characters and though I don't care for the way they met, I do appreciate their friendship. Even my 14 year old likes this book and he's rather choosy about what he reads. This is definitely one of the best YA books I have come in a long time.

Small Great Things: A Novel
Small Great Things: A Novel
by Jodi Picoult
Price: $22.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful Insight into Racism, August 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since I have read every single one of Jodi Picoult's books, I knew that I had to read this one when it was up for review on the Vine program. Some would say that they find Picoult predictable especially after reading so many of her books. I have learned to stop second-guessing what Picoult is going to put to paper because she will always surprise you. Was I surprised in this book? Not really, because I knew she would have a twist or three up her sleeves. It just wasn't surprising to me but it may be to other readers. (I read a lot and I read a wide variety of books, so it takes a lot to surprise me.)

This book is about Ruth, a widowed African-American nurse, who is also a single mom. She loves her job as a labor-delivery nurse in a small hospital. She worked there for 20 years and never had a problem until one day, when someone requested that she doesn't take care of their baby because of her race. This request eventually led to a series of events where Ruth finds herself questioning the system she has lived in all of her life, worked in and everything she believed in.

Kennedy is Ruth's lawyer, a public assistance lawyer who took on the case, determined to win the case for Ruth. As the case winds on, Kennedy finds herself questioning the status quo and realizes that not everything is as black and white as it may seem in the real world.

Turk, the white supremacist father, who was so aggrieved at the loss of his baby son needed a scapegoat for his rage and sorrow. He chose to file against Ruth, whom he thought murdered his baby. He shares his backstory; raised by a grandfather who was angry at the world; taught him self-defense. Turk then gets involved with different skinhead groups and met his wife at one of those rallies.

This novel is filled with backstories of each of the main characters. Sometimes, some of the stuff being said is uncomfortable, but it is definitely thought-provoking. If there is a time to be discussing race, now is the time to start. This book is a start for those who want to learn a little bit more about what it is like on both ends of the spectrum. Most people would consider themselves to be in the middle, until something happens and they find themselves on opposite ends of the issue. It is an eye-opener, even for the reader. Picoult weaves her way through this story delicately as well as making her points without beating someone on the head with the truth.

Out of all of her books, this one is my favorite. There is no unlikable character in this book. Just unpleasant truths that reveal the decades-long apathy with history and with the truth of how things really are in this country. I hope this book will start conversations among friends and in book clubs. It is definitely a thought-provoking book.

18k Gold Plated Sterling Silver Multi Gemstone Ring, Size 7
18k Gold Plated Sterling Silver Multi Gemstone Ring, Size 7
Price: $39.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic and Elegant, August 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous ring. The gemstones are aligned perfectly and the band is smooth. The size fits perfectly and it is slightly bigger than what I expected. The band is wider in the front where the gemstones are but in the back, it is slightly bit thinner and more comfortable. I like the feel of it on my finger.

This is a good price for an every day ring. It is not expensive and yet, it is not cheap. The ring does not look cheap, even with the gold-painted over the silver sterling. It might be a bit brighter gold than what I am used to, but it is not flashy.

The ring feels wider than what I am used to. I have small fingers and this ring is wide as my wedding rings. I love the fact that the gemstones are enclosed, not sticking out like some of my other rings and I can wear it everyday. It is gorgeous.

The only thing that I was disappointed in is the placement of the gems. I am not a ring designer and this might be the new trend for designers, but as a ring wearer, I would like to see the garnet and the amethyst separated as their colors are too similar in darkness, in comparison to the other colors of the gemstone. I would also put them on opposite end of the the ring, so the other gems can be seen as well. I love the gems in this ring and is bright.

Overall, I really like this ring.

Sterling Silver Freshwater Cultured Pearl and Simulated Diamond Open Heart Pendant Necklace , 18"
Price: $24.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, August 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is simply elegant. The pearl is gorgeous and smooth. It is lovely and the design is simple but elegant. It will make for a lovely gift for the woman in your life.

The heart shape is free-style and the pearl is soft-looking but cultured. I looked and looked for the initial that others said they've seen but I haven't been able to find it.

The only thing that surprised me was how much bigger it really is. You cannot miss the necklace when you're wearing it and I will have to look for a different chain for this necklace. Other than that, it is a lovely piece of jewelry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20