Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Carol Watkins > Reviews

Browse

Carol Watkins' Profile

Customer Reviews: 242

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carol Watkins "Psychiatrist" RSS Feed (Parkton, Maryland, USA)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-25
What If the Moon Didn't Exist?: Voyages to Earths That Might Have Been
What If the Moon Didn't Exist?: Voyages to Earths That Might Have Been
by Neil F. Comins
43 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it a lot. Wish it were available on Kindle., March 29, 2014
I read this book when it first came out and wanted to read it again. I also sent a copy to my son-in-law. Dr. Comins uses computer modeling to try to figure out how life might have developed in "earths" with different physical characteristics. He is able to take concepts from computer modeling and weave them into an engaging narrative style.

Because I enjoyed this book I purchased the sequel What if the Earth Had Two Moons? The latter is available on Kindle.

The Natural History of the Chicken
The Natural History of the Chicken
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, February 23, 2014
This movie features vignettes about the relationship between people and chickens. It is not about the evolution of the chicken species. It shows a massive egg production factory, and also shows people who raise chickens in smaller free range situations. I liked that they show people who do kill their chickens for meat yet also respect the chickens and care deeply for them.

Dream Chronicles [Download]
Dream Chronicles [Download]
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, January 19, 2014
The game involves a lot of repetitive gathering of "gems" which are quite visible on every screen. This takes little skill except getting the cursor on target. Then it takes a couple seconds for the program to explain the significance of the gem (which is not really necessary to know for the story and takes up time). The puzzles often involve clicking on dense foliage to find a hidden object, but in contrast to many other HOG's I have played, frequently no part of the object is visible, so there is a lot of "random clicking" for which there is no skill required. The puzzles themselves often seem trial-and-error rather than problem solving. All in all I found it a disappointment (btw, my favorites are 1000 doors (first of the series), wierd tunes, the Sacra Terra series...mostly Alawar games).

Elementary, Season 2
Elementary, Season 2
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This season has some new twists., January 16, 2014
May have spoilers

Initially I had trouble warming up to this series because I kept comparing it to Sherlock. As I got into the first season, I started to appreciate it more. Watson is smart and resourceful which is nice. Holmes' experience with recovering from drug addiction, his ambivalence about 12 step meetings, and his eventual choice of a sponsor were entertaining side plots which do not make sense unless you watch the series sequentially. "The Woman" and Moriarity were combined into one character was an unexpected plot twist. The plots do have some modern tie-ins such as the hunt for someone who releases surveillance data and "everyone" an anonymous-type Internet group who is offended by Holmes and Watson and who hack into their computers to make their lives miserable. The first season is set in New York. Part of the second season is in London where we meet Lestrade.

Mens Premium Flannel Pajama Sleepwear Set - [Java Plaid] - Medium
Mens Premium Flannel Pajama Sleepwear Set - [Java Plaid] - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my husband wanted for his birthday, January 16, 2014
Even though we have been married over 30 years, it is still difficult for me to get my husband a birthday present that he likes. (He is not especially picky; he just does not think that we should spend a lot of money on him.) Since we have been experiencing record breaking cold weather, the flannel pajamas were just the right thing. He has been wearing them and says that they fit well and are comfortable. They felt soft right out of the bag. The brown plaid looks good too. He likes that the pants close with a drawstring.

New Balance Women's W1080v3 Running Shoe,Blue/Pink,9 D US
New Balance Women's W1080v3 Running Shoe,Blue/Pink,9 D US
Offered by MZB Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for trail hiking, November 27, 2013
I know that it says running shoe, but it works well for trail hiking and mucking around with my free range chickens. I like New Balance because they are good with wide feet. I used to have narrow feet but I did aerobics while pregnant with each or my three kids. If you do a lot of aerobics while pregnant your feet get bigger and wider. I had to get rid of all of the shoes that I had before I was pregnant. Anyway these are good except that they do not have enough arch support. I bought arch support inserts and they worked just fine.

Johnny Apple Peeler TM  by VICTORIO VKP1010, Suction Base
Johnny Apple Peeler TM by VICTORIO VKP1010, Suction Base
Price: $20.48
21 used & new from $17.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item if you have a lot of apples to peel, November 18, 2013
We do a lot of canning. We had a bushel or two of apples to make into applesauce and apple butter. This peeler works well. If you have an apple that has an eccentric shape, the device can compensate to a limited extent but you may need to reposition the apple or potato to get the oddly shaped ones peeled right. After an apple is peeled and cored, you need to inspect the irregular ones to make sure that there is not some core left on the apple.

After you peel a lot of apples, the screw may come off so keep a phillips head screwdriver handy to screw it back in. This is not much of a problem if you know to expect it and keep the screwdriver on hand.

The unsweetened apple sauce turned out very well. The apple peels and cores were a delicious treat for out chickens.

I purchased another one of these and gave it to my daughter and son in law. they liked it a lot and used it to process a couple of bushels of produce.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds my phone in place, November 18, 2013
I misplaced my previous belt clip holster so I needed a new one. This works well to hold my iPhone and Otterbox on my belt or pants.

Travelon Security-Friendly Money Belt, 34-36 Inch Waist, Brown, Medium
Travelon Security-Friendly Money Belt, 34-36 Inch Waist, Brown, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple money belt. Good for rugged wear, November 18, 2013
Worked well when we went to Albania and needed to carry cash It was easy to take on and off and held a lot of bills. I would not use it for coins. The clasp worked well and it survived getting wet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for a medical office, November 18, 2013
We use this for printing prescriptions. It meets medical criteria. That is why it is little bit more expensive than some other types of security paper.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-25