Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for A. Lee > Reviews

Browse

A. Lee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 125

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Lee RSS Feed (Illinois)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Wellness Divine Duos With Chicken Pate & Diced Duck - 24x2.8 oz
Wellness Divine Duos With Chicken Pate & Diced Duck - 24x2.8 oz
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $38.16
2 used & new from $38.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than pet store sales, August 18, 2015
The cat really seems to like these tubs (as long as we don't touch his food with a fork), and buying by the case is cheaper than sale prices in the pet stores. We were initially concerned with the cases having short expiration dates, but every case we've received has had expiration dates a year out.

Iron Brick Trunk - STRONGEST Trunk - Orange
Iron Brick Trunk - STRONGEST Trunk - Orange
Offered by Dorm Co
Price: $219.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Made In China, April 13, 2014
I spent 22 years in the Marine Corps so I've been exposed to many different types of embark containers that I've dragged all over the world. My post-military life still has me moving often, keeping most of my stuff in storage and needing to regularly rotate my seasonal clothes between storage and my apartment. I've gotten so tired of stacked storage tubs collapsing and cardboard boxes ripping that I started looking for embark containers like I used to use.

I would have preferred getting more of the Pelican footlockers I used on my last couple deployments, but they're running over $400. This one was the cheapest of the storage trunks I considered, which is still significantly more than anything you'd find in Wal-Mart. From the pictures, I expected it to be like some of the plastic embark boxes we used to ship medical equipment and supplies but to my delight it arrived with thicker plastic and the corners weren't as rounded over as I expected. They're solid enough that I expect I can stack 5-6 high easily, which is about as high as I would feel comfortable lifting the top one off.

Only 2 issues that I don't like. On the front of the box, the outermost latches have tabs for a padlock. When the box arrived both tabs were bent over preventing the latches from opening. It didn't take much for me to bend them back straight with a Gerber multi-tool but I've had to adjust them again a couple times. The other concern is the wheels are hard plastic which I expect to scuff and possibly eventually crack, unlike the heavy duty nylon wheels I have on my Pelican case footlockers. The good news is the wheels can easily be replaced by removing an acorn nut from a threaded axle.

I don't consider them the best on the market and if I could find something in the same price range made in America I'd go that route, but they do meet my requirements and I'm looking to get a few more.

Carhartt Men's Big & Tall Collinston Brushed Fleece Sherpa Lined Sweatshirt,Slate Heather,X-Large Tall
Price: $64.99
3 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, comfortable and warm (Made In Mexico), April 13, 2014
I have 3 different Carhartt sweatshirts, and this is the only one I like. The sleeves of the Thermal Lined Hooded Zip Front Sweatshirt feel rough and scratchy on my arms so it's not comfortable to wear, and the Midweight Hooded Pullover Sweatshirt is too tight around the neck. This one, however, is soft and comfortable, warm even over a T-shirt and I really enjoy wearing it. All my Carhartt shirts, sweatshirts and jackets are XL-Tall, and all fit right. This sweatshirt is loose enough to fit over a long sleeve T-shirt and not so bulky that it won't fit under my quilted jacket.

I have 3 different colors of this sweatshirt. The slate heather is Made In Mexico while the black and navy blue are Made In Pakistan.

Stanley 023001W 23-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
Stanley 023001W 23-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
Price: $27.62
25 used & new from $24.49

4.0 out of 5 stars 28in Made In US, 18in Made In Israel, 23in Made In ???, February 9, 2014
I bought one of the 28 inch toolboxes when I saw it on sale just to see if I liked it, and I now have (2) 28", (2) 23" and (1) 18" toolboxes. Because of what I use my truck for I can't put a cover on it, and I've been getting tired of always having to unload my power tools at the end of the day and then load them the next morning to keep them from getting wet. My plan is to load the power tools into these water proof toolboxes so I don't have to unload/load them every day. I've had one in the bed of my truck for almost a month covered in snow, and the inside of the box is bone dry.

The 28 inch box is marked Made In USA, the 18 inch box is marked Made In Israel, but the 23 inch box doesn't say where it's made. All of them are marked recyclable, which is good to know if I ever break one but I hope that will never be the case.

My Skil Mag77 worm drive circular saw fits into the 23 inch box, and the bottom is wide enough for my extra blades to lay flat. With the saw in the box the top tool tray won't fit, but I don't really need it anyway. The top trays of the 23 inch box and the 28 inch box are different sizes, so they're not interchangeable.

Malco Products Inc. SB58A 58" Adjustable Beast Shingle Remover [Misc.]
Malco Products Inc. SB58A 58" Adjustable Beast Shingle Remover [Misc.]
Offered by ContractorsStock
Price: $138.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavier than others, don't see need for adjustable angle, February 7, 2014
I ordered this from another Internet vendor because I wanted the longer handle, which wasn't offered by Amazon. I don't remember how the Malco Beast came to my attention, but when I started looking at shingle strippers I purposefully sought out the Beast. Most of my roof stripping has been done with hay forks, potato forks or square nosed shovels, but a few months ago I used someone's shingle tool and realized I had been doing it the hard way. While the tool I used was lightweight, I didn't like it because of how tall I am (75") and how short that handle was. When I used the 58" Beast, the length of the handle made it easier for me, but the weight of the Beast is twice that of other shingle strippers. I also don't see the purpose of having the adjustable head. I've tried it in all three positions, and only one gives you enough leverage to pop the shingles easily.

A couple weeks ago I needed to remove a tile floor and the cement backing from a multi-layered floor that had built up over the years. After pry bars were taking us too long, I got out the Beast, got underneath the underlayment and starting popping sections of tiles just like stripping a roof. The Beast even pulled the screws holding down the underlayment with the same ease as pulling a roofing nail.

This is a sturdy tool which can handle any job on the roof and even some jobs off the roof. I'm going to get a lot of work out of it, which makes it worth the cost.

EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Red Grips
EZ-DUZ-IT Deluxe Can Opener with Red Grips
Offered by LUV 2 SHOP
Price: $13.65
3 used & new from $7.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Made In USA, January 28, 2014
I like having my camping kitchen fully stocked without having to take utensils out of my home kitchen every time I go camping. So one of the things I needed was a top opening can opener, and I will pay a little extra money for a Made In USA product if it still does the job. This feels like an ordinary, everyday can opener just like anything made overseas, it's really nothing special. But it does open cans easily. Really the only reason to buy it over any of the cheaper ones is because it's Made In USA.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 8:43 AM PST

Nite Ize Gear Tie Reusable Rubber Twist Tie, 12-Inch, Bright Orange, 2-Pack
Nite Ize Gear Tie Reusable Rubber Twist Tie, 12-Inch, Bright Orange, 2-Pack
Price: $3.97
74 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Made In USA, January 28, 2014
I've been looking for straps to keep my extension cords, air hoses and water hoses organized and easy to separate from each other. Wire seems to work better than Velcro straps, which are easy to lose and get clogged with dirt. But solid strand 12 gauge electric wire, which is easy to find around a construction site, is hard to twist and often discarded as trash. So I saw these Nite Ize Gear Ties and decided to throw one into an order when I needed something else to rate free shipping.

The orange is bright and won't be looked at as trash, and it's easy to find in the grass or on the floor of a work shop. I'm not going to remove the covering to confirm, but I suspect the interior wire is braided based on how easy it twists. Twisting the ends around each other 3 times still leaves me a 3" diameter loop, which is big enough for any of my 100' extension cords. At $2 each they seem a little pricey, but I like them enough to want longer ones for my air hoses and water hoses, and shorter ones for my power tool cords.

Ushanka Trooper Pilot Faux Rabbit Fur Leather Fall and Winter Trapper Hat BROWN 7 5/8

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for long dog walks, January 21, 2014
The first trapper hat I bought was Carhartt for when I'm working outside on houses in the winter, but since my military uniform cover was 7 5/8 and the largest Carhartt was 7 1/2 I knew before I received it that it might not fit well, and it didn't. After a couple weeks of my head hurting wearing it for 30 min dog walk in sub-zero temperatures, I decided to look for a bigger one. The Ushanka Trooper was the largest one I could find and after waiting for it to go on sale I ordered it. The largest one they had is 7 5/8, and it fits me perfectly. Unlike some other trapper hats, the brim on this one is sewn in place and can't be lowered as a visor. The chin strap is leather and has a plastic side release cinch buckle like you'd find on a backpack. Even on a morning where the wind chill was supposedly negative 40 my head was warm and comfortable.

Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat, Large, Maroon
Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat, Large, Maroon
Price: $24.00
19 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works much better than a towel to keep snow off my carpet, January 21, 2014
First thing I do in the morning is let my dog out the back door of my apartment to do his business before breakfast, and because there's lots of snow on the ground when he comes back inside the snow comes with him. I used to have a towel down trying to keep the cold wet tracks off my carpet (not because I really care about the carpet but because I hate stepping on wet spots in bare feet), and that never really worked at all, Now that I've been using this doormat for a few weeks, as soon as he gets inside I make him stand on it for about 30 seconds, and I don't notice any wet tracks on the carpet at all afterwards.

Officially Licensed United States Marine Corps Military Hat Cap Christmas Tree Holiday Ornament Gift
Offered by Knextion Inc.
Price: $8.30
9 used & new from $8.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Officially Licensed by USMC, but Made In China, January 21, 2014
It's actually bigger than I expected; almost the size of a silver dollar in diameter, 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inches tall. The digital pattern is really just splotches of color and drawn random grid lines, and there's a gray in there that was never part of my desert MARPAT utilities. I wasn't going to pay the $10 plus $6 shipping I first saw, but when they went on sale for $4 I picked up a few. They do look good on my Christmas tree and are worth the sale price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13