Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for Reefpip > Reviews

Browse

Reefpip's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reefpip RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Galaxy S5 Case, REDShield® [Midnight Black] [Lanyard] Flip Wallet Case with ID Slots, Stand Feature, and Magnetic Flap Closure for Samsung Galaxy S5 (2014)
Offered by Karen Deals
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A case that quickly falls apart., March 10, 2016
A cheap plastic phone case weakly glued to the inside of a cheap folio case. Things that are broken about this design:

1) The internal plastic case peels right off the case.
2) The wallet pockets peel right off. Attempts to open the wallet pocket will quickly turn into a removed pocket.
3) The "leather" coating peels off, leaving behind a cardboard-like substance.

Things that are tolerable:
1) The magnet that holds it shut.
2) The lanyard.

Microwave Pasta Cooker - The Original Fasta Pasta - No Mess, Sticking or Waiting For Boil
Offered by Pine_Tree
Price: $14.93
14 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it promises, but only a little better than a Tupperware (unless you're making Spaghetti), June 18, 2015
Cooking with a Fasta Pasta is best compared to microwaving pasta in a Tupperware style container. A decent 7 cup container tends to be about a third the cost of a Fasta Pasta, so the real question is what you gain (and lose) for the higher price of a Fasta Pasta.

1. Portability/Storage: Tupperware take less space (or no space, since you likely already own them), stack easily, and travel well. If you intend to refrigerator your pasta (or bring it to work for lunch), Fasta Pasta is impractical due to the large measuring holes in the cover. Similarly, the Fasta Pasta's rectangular shape makes it awkward to eat from.

2. Preparation: The Fasta Pasta is slightly thicker than most Tupperware; it's slightly harder to burn yourself on it. Straining is negligibly easier than holding a Tupperware sideways with the cover slightly open. The large handles are nice, but rectangular shape is unwieldy enough to offset this.

3. Spaghetti: Unless you break it in half first, spaghetti doesn't fit properly in most Tupperware containers.

4. Serving Size: Small pastas like Elbow Macaroni tend to come in boxes with 8 servings. Both Tupperware and Fasta Pasta are ill-suited to preparing more than 4 servings of such pastas.

5. Overall: Fasta Pasta does exactly what it promised...but so does any microwave-safe container. Overall, I consider Fasta Pasta to be negligibly better at preparing macaroni than Tupperware.

Conclusion: My review seems mixed only because I favor elbow macaroni, which is already easily prepared via a Microwave. If you prefer Spaghetti, a regular Tupperware is a far less effective: Straining with a half-open lid leaks spaghetti, the spaghetti doesn't fit in the Tupperware, and the spaghetti sticks to itself slightly more.

Since it does everything it promises and is priced competitively to similar products, I am still giving it a full 5 stars. If a microwave pasta maker is something you want, this product fits the bill perfectly.

[540 Days Warranty] Anker® 4400mAh Replacement Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300, T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), I535(Verizon), R530(U.S. Cellular), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet, with Dark Blue Cover
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product and a generous warranty., April 8, 2015
This battery worked very well for about about a year, then slowly degraded into uselessness. Anker promised a no-hassle warranty and held true to that promise, sending out a replacement with only minimal effort on my part.

Leef Supra USB 3.0 32GB High Speed USB Flash Drive with PrimeGrade Memory (Charcoal)
Offered by Leef USA LLC
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent drive with a disappointing form factor., November 18, 2014
Don't let the picture fool you. The hole is too narrow to fit on most wire keychains. It couldn't even handle the mini-ball keychain that came with my Pico-C. If form factor is a primary consideration, I recommend a Transcend instead. It's (currently) cheaper,

Also of note is the light. I read enough reviews to be forewarned about the annoying light, but it was more annoying than I expected.

All that being said, from a functionality perspective, the drive is fine.

Leather Wallet - Thin As a Dime by the Thinnest Wallet Maker in the World
Leather Wallet - Thin As a Dime by the Thinnest Wallet Maker in the World

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a little Worse than a generic wallet...in every way, October 10, 2013
I bought this hoping it could offer a thinner replacement for my traditional leather divided bifold (Dockers Mens Extra Capacity Leather Wallet). However, I was sorely disappointed. Placing 10 cards and 15 bills, I encountered the following problems:
1. Though the wallet was 10-20% thinner than my traditional wallet, it wouldn't stay shut unless held closed. This defeats the purpose of using the wallet. The cards all kind of push against each other at an angle.
2. Every time I tried to close the wallet, the credit cards pushed against each other. This is irksome.
3. There is a lip which makes the wallet just slightly too narrow to slip in bills. Presumably this design is intentional to keep the bills from falling out, but I found it annoying when trying to put money in and out of the wallet.
4. I kept finding myself pulling this wallet out of my pocket upside down. I suspect I'd get used to this after a while. Traditional bi-folds exaggerate the top opening of the wallet, making it easy to feel the wallet's orientation.
5. The individual card pockets make it impossible to see all but the topmost card. I knew this going in, but failed to take into account that the wallet's symmetry would make it harder to remember which pocket was which. I'm sure I could adjust, but the other flaws are preventing me from bothering.

Overall, this wallet is just a little worse than my generic, fat leather bifold. Could I live with this wallet as a replacement wallet? Yes. Does it fulfill its function: no.

Macbook Feet Replacement Set Black for Macbook Unibody and Air
Macbook Feet Replacement Set Black for Macbook Unibody and Air
Offered by York Tech
Price: $2.22
4 used & new from $2.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't last more than half a year, July 8, 2013
They work OK, but all of them fell off within over the course of about 6 months. I suppose if you bought 2-3 sets they'd be decent, but personally I'd feel cheated spending that much money on feet.

Digital Silence DS101A Noise Cancelling Earphones / Headphones with Mic (Black)
Digital Silence DS101A Noise Cancelling Earphones / Headphones with Mic (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and portable, but not completely effective, May 31, 2013
Previously I had tried using low-quality ear-bugs on a train. Arriving to a silent home allowed me to see just how loud I'd set the volume to counteract a train, so I gave up on using ear-buds on a train. This is my second attempt at such a feat and the results are mixed:

The good:
Price: At only $22 + $0 S&H, these are some of the cheapest noise-canceling headphones available.
Portability: The clip is a bit bigger than an AA battery. This is an impressive level of portability for noise-cancelling headphones; it's not that much less convenient to use than generic ear-buds.
Battery: With such a low price, it's nice that it is rechargeable. The use of a standard usb charger ensures compatibility with plenty of chargers. A computer USB port can suffice in a pinch.
The Pouch: It comes with a little pouch. Nothing spectacular, but it was a nice extra that was appreciated.

The bad:
Noise-canceling: The noise-canceling works, but the effectiveness varies. Sometimes if the ear-buds are angled improperly within your ear, the noise-canceling effect is mostly destroyed.
Hissing: As is common among noise-canceling headphones, there is a background hissing sound. This sound is annoying, and many people find it makes their ears feel incredibly uncomfortable. This is a disaster if you're using the headphones purely for noise-canceling, but if you're also using them to listen to something it is mostly ignorable.
Comfort: As is common with cheap ear-buds, these headphones use a thin plastic bubble (includes 3 sizes). This isn't particularly comfortable, though it's easy to ignore if you're not using the ear-buds for hours on end.
Noise-reducing: The ear-buds make no attempt to provide passive noise reduction. If the noise-canceling is either disabled or insufficient, there is little to block the full volume of sound.

The neutral:
It comes with a USB adapter for charging, but no AC adapter. I guess you could spend $2 to buy USB-to-AC adapter.
It has a microphone, but if it's noisy then the microphone is useless and if it's quite then I'd be rather unplug the headphones and using the phone directly. I find the call answer button similarly pointless.

Conclusion:
These are a small step up from the cheap ear-buds found in dollar stores and provided free with media players. If your goal is to replace your cheap ear-buds with something equally portable, the noise-canceling makes these a slight improvement. If you're looking something portable to improve your commute to work, these aren't too bad. If you're trying to deal with a noisy work environment or frequent flights, I recommend sacrificing the convenience of ear buds in favor of full headphones.

All that said, I wonder if perhaps the noise-reducing quality provided by a high-quality ear bud would make for a more cost-effective choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap yet effective, February 7, 2013
I have little clue what I am doing, but I was able to use this kit to solder a useless box. This kit is cheap* and comes with enough stuff to solder.
*(at the time of my purchase, price+shipping was $12)

If you plan to solder with any degree of regularity, a more expensive soldering iron (e.g., one, with temperature control) is probably a better choice.

I will note that the stand is *awful*. The stand slides around very easily, tips over very easily, and the soldering iron itself slides around very easily while on the stand. Don't let kids near this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy to fidget with, December 24, 2011
This is an interesting puzzle, but what I like most about this puzzle is the weight of it resting in my hand. The pieces moving against one another is a tactilely pleasing experience, though admittedly others may not appreciate the clinking noise.

This is a great puzzle but, like most Hanayama puzzles, is of no difficulty to solve a second time. However, it's a great gizmo to fidget with even after the solution is known.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent puzzle to share, December 24, 2011
This is a simple yet clever puzzle. Easy to quickly put together once you know the secret. Veteran puzzle solvers will quickly grow bored of this puzzle, but I highly recommend it as a clever little puzzle to share with friends or coworkers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3