Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Astie > Reviews

Browse

Astie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Astie RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: $14.96
44 used & new from $9.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better., January 6, 2016
The first half of this production is superbly done. The second half is quite chaotic in some scenes. As it moves towards the conclusion it starts switching between Victorian and modern time periods, which was somewhat disconcerting.

Ultimately, I and my wife were quite dissatisfied with the ending. It reminded us of the ending of the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" which was also a big let down, for much the same reasons.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2016 8:03 AM PST

ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual Band Gigabit Router
ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual Band Gigabit Router
Price: $183.98
125 used & new from $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with superior speed and range., July 12, 2015
I bought an AC87U nine months ago for a software development company. We have a large number of wireless routers from multiple manufacturers for testing with our products. The AC87U has performed without any problems since we installed it and we are impressed by both the speed and the range. There are other routers that have equal performance but the great GUI interface makes this product easier to setup and use. I've seen a number of reviews here complaining about the 5g performance but we have had zero problems.

I need to replace the old and rather slow Apple Extreme router on my home network, so I'm ordering one of these routers for myself.

TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Win [Download]
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Same price as last year, fewer features, upgrade available at extra cost, January 12, 2015
I have been a customer of TurboTax since 2000. I am no longer a TurboTax customer.

It is very clear that Intuit wants more profit, so they removed commonly required schedules from the DeLuxe version in order to force people to the Premier version. There was no reason to do this except to force people to pay more for their software.

This change was not communicated to customers. I believe that they are relying on people not realizing that there are features deleted until close to the filing deadline, and then are forced into paying for the upgrade rather than starting again with another product.

I suggest H & R Block Tax Software instead.

KEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones - Aluminum/Black
KEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones - Aluminum/Black
Price: $299.99
59 used & new from $220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with this purchase., September 11, 2014
I have owned these earphones for a couple of months. I use them in the office every day while working, usually for 4+ hours. The office can be noisy sometimes but these headphones are excellent for sound isolation, which helps me to concentrate.

They are well built, light and comfortable to wear. I don't have any other headphones to compare them against, but the sound is excellent. I have no regrets about buying them.

Solaris 10 ZFS Essentials
Solaris 10 ZFS Essentials
by Scott Watanabe
Price: $32.14
32 used & new from $14.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, April 14, 2013
This book is probably not the book you want. It covers the superficial aspects of ZFS and little else. All the information in this book is available free of charge from various web sites. It does not cover any of the internal details of ZFS (such as the on-disk format) nor does it cover advanced administration of ZFS (such as performance tuning).

Intel E1G44HT I340-T4 4 port PCIe Ethernet Server Adapter
Intel E1G44HT I340-T4 4 port PCIe Ethernet Server Adapter
Offered by AMTECH
Price: $69.00
77 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, March 18, 2013
I purchased one of these PCIe cards for a small server system to handle iSCSI over trunked links using LACP (802.3ad). It is running in Solaris 11 in an ESXi hypervisor system using direct pass-through.

It is a fast and stable product and it has worked flawlessly for the last 8 months.

Western Digital 4TB 3.5 Inch SATA III, 7200 RPM, 64 MB Cache Enterprise Hard Drive (WD4000FYYZ)
Offered by DBSKY
Price: $199.99
91 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, February 7, 2013
For the last 6 months I have had four of these drives running in a FreeNAS system.

All the drives have operated without any problems. They are fast and reasonably quiet.

Edit: I have added three more of these drives and the seven drives are running in RAID-Z3 configuration on a Solaris system. They continue to be excellent drives.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 10:35 AM PDT

Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 Economy Pack Plus, 234 Count
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 Economy Pack Plus, 234 Count
Offered by Diapers Direct
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Swaddlers supplied by the hospital, December 27, 2012
The Swaddlers we received when we ordered from Amazon are not the same as the Swaddlers package supplied by the hospital.

The purchased Swaddlers are thinner, they do not have as much absorbent material and have a much stronger scent. My wife found the scent to be intolerably strong. The packaging is exactly the same as the hospital supplied diapers, but the product is not as good.

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP211NA)
Offered by Premier Audio Video
Price: $298.59
3 used & new from $298.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing sound, October 3, 2012
I needed to replace my 14 year old Cambridge Soundworks speakers and I purchased this system based mostly on the excellent reviews here.

However, the sound is muddy and the volume from the sub-woofer is quite low unless the sub-woofer volume is turned to maximum (which makes the bass somewhat distorted). After my wife and I spent some time playing around with the controls we decided that it sounds best on the dynamic pop settings - even for classical music. We will not be keeping this product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2012 3:04 PM PDT

Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend, October 3, 2012
I purchased this motherboard for the two Thunderbolt ports. Sadly, there are some problems when using Windows 7 or Window 8. If I run a disk on one of the Thunderbolt ports and an Apple 27 inch display on the other, the display sometimes flickers when the disk is accessed. On one occasion the disk disconnected from the system without warning, which is somewhat scary if you value your data.

The board also hangs on boot occasionally. The boot drive is an SSD not on Thunderbolt, but the hang has only occurred (so far) when there is a disk connected on a Thunderbolt port.

The Thunderbolt implementation doesn't appear to be ready for prime time. I don't know if it's a hardware or a driver issue. If you don't need Thunderbolt, one of the other Gigabyte boards might be a better choice. If you do, you might want to try a Thunderbolt board from another manufacturer, although there aren't many and I've read about problems with them also.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2013 9:59 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2