Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for Richard Bookstaber > Reviews

Browse

Richard Bookstaber's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard Bookstaber RSS Feed (New York City, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Dailyart 13feet/4m Long Globe String Light Starry Light for Gardens, Home, Wedding, Christmas Party (Warm White), Battery-powered
Offered by Dailyart
Price: $25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Junkie, July 12, 2016
astoundingly junky. the batteries don't seat properly. so unless you keep making sure they're in, the lights don't function. after first use, the clips on the white plastic housing snapped off. Forget these lights.

Canon imageCLASS MF227dw Black and White Multifunction Laser Printer
Canon imageCLASS MF227dw Black and White Multifunction Laser Printer
Price: Click here to see our price
106 used & new from $129.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with Word on a Mac., July 7, 2016
It doesn't work with Word on a Mac. It prints out in light gray. We spoke with three different people at Canon, and they suggested this was a known issue, that nothing could be done, and they thought it was a problem on Microsoft's side. (Or, one person said there must be some driver on our computer that is conflicting with it, and we will need to deal with it). Zero support from them on the matter, but why do they even have a product that doesn't work with the most popular word processor on the most popular computer? Thanks goodness we could return it.

14k White Gold Solid Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings (0.5 carats)
14k White Gold Solid Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings (0.5 carats)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dazzling earrings and dazzling customer service to match, March 4, 2016
These earrings are exquisite! Exactly what they should look like. Elegant. Dazzling. Sit well on the ear. We actually had a problem because for our young daughter, the posts, although standard size, were a little to thick. She always needs the thinnest of thinnest posts. The company tired their hardest to accommodate our need for super thin posts. They weren't able to given the size of the stone, but even in this unusual situation, where they supplied a perfectly great product, but we had a situation where it didn't work for us, they: supplied a return label so shipping back cost us nothing, and then, when they realized they couldn't help, gave us a full refund. All the while emailing us in an effort to understand the problem and fix it. Great company. Great earrings. Def go for it!

Sony DVPSR370 Multi Region DVD Player
Sony DVPSR370 Multi Region DVD Player
4 used & new from $34.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do, February 4, 2016
I bought the DVD player to be able to play a set of DVDs (La Belle Noiseuse) that were only available in PAL-2. At first when I put the DVD in, it noted (in Spanish) that it could not read it. I tried a U.S. DVD and it did fine, so tried the PAL-2 again and it worked. So I guess my recommendation is to not give up if it does not seem to work. It is very light, seems to be cheaply constructed, but for $35, what do you expect. It did what I needed.

Geek Details Feel the Bern Coffee Mug, 11 Oz, White
Geek Details Feel the Bern Coffee Mug, 11 Oz, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive "Geek Details" is more like it., December 28, 2015
here's what the product description says: Handmade in Warrensburg, Missouri. Here's what the label on the mug says: Made In China. I spent a lot of time figuring out which Bernie mug to get and was swayed by the made in USA claim. Shameful deceit. Not only are you lying to your customers but you are degrading the very thing that Bernie Sanders stands for. But of course that doesn't matter to this manufacturing company, which is clearly only concerned w making a buck - even if that means lying to the rest of us.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2016 8:40 AM PST

Bejeweled Display®Lady w/ Handbag Earring~Bracelet ~Necklace Jewelry Display
Bejeweled Display®Lady w/ Handbag Earring~Bracelet ~Necklace Jewelry Display
Offered by Bejeweled Display
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $11.04

1.0 out of 5 stars stinky item, November 5, 2015
The item is cute and apparently well made but oddly, it reeks of some chemical smell. Maybe formaldehyde.? Something so unpleasant, it is unusable I thought it was the bubble wrap, but when I removed that, the smell was still present. I wanted to return the item as defective, but the company would not even pay for the return shipping. Indeed, noxious in every way.

French Children of the Holocaust: A Memorial
French Children of the Holocaust: A Memorial
by Serge Klarsfeld
Price: $125.00
26 used & new from $74.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can think of no book that is as hauntingly tragic and that serves a higher purpose than this great labor of Serge Klarsfeld, September 16, 2015
I bought this volume in 1997, and it stands in the bookshelf in my entryway as a memorial and reminder. I can think of no book that is as hauntingly tragic and that serves a higher purpose than this great labor of Serge Klarsfeld.

The Puppy Primer
The Puppy Primer
by Patricia B. McConnell
Price: $12.91
124 used & new from $0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a novice, February 15, 2015
This review is from: The Puppy Primer (Paperback)
A helpful book for someone who has never had a puppy before. Tons of great advice very clearly presented; things that I'd never have thought of, (and that were not in a couple of the other books we read), and that make complete sense. Though we have not picked up our new puppy yet....

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range
AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., February 15, 2015
I live in an apartment in NYC, and it didn't work for me, even though there are tons of stations nearby. Maybe it is all of the buildings. In any case, had to return it.

Solitude XCS Active Noise Canceling and Amplifier Headphones
Solitude XCS Active Noise Canceling and Amplifier Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite as good as some others (but not as expensive either), February 15, 2015
This is a fine headset, I have no complaints. However, by way of comparison: I already have the Audio-Technica QuietPoint, and I have spent the last hour comparing this to the Audio-Technica, and purely on sound quality for music, this does not do quite as well. But, it is more comfortable, less pressure around the ears, and for longer listening sessions (like on a long flight) I would take this one. I have yet to try it in a demanding noise environment.

Page: 1 | 2