Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for Marcia > Reviews

Browse

Marcia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marcia "Marcia" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Mahjong Journey®
Mahjong Journey®

4.0 out of 5 stars decent game, July 24, 2016
This review is from: Mahjong Journey® (App)
Good mahjong game. Very long and also can be solved without in-app purchases

Mahjong Skies
Mahjong Skies

2.0 out of 5 stars seems routine, November 22, 2015
This review is from: Mahjong Skies (App)
This version offered a couple of freebies for a review. So that is one good thing about this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2015 11:44 AM PST

Crossword US Lite
Crossword US Lite

2.0 out of 5 stars boring - needs more difficult levels, April 13, 2015
This review is from: Crossword US Lite (App)
"A beagle is not a hound" and "an ear is not a musical gift"? someone writes?????
Is this a real complaint or a joke? Am I out of touch or falling for a troll? Or could be both I guess.
I give this 2 stars for the opposite reason as the above negative review- these puzzles are too easy! Of course every person is at a different level, but I do expect an average crossword app to have *some* more difficult puzzle levels- say, hitting the difficulty of Monday or Tuesday nytimes crosswords at the very least.
This app did not provide that and yes I looked through each "bundle" of puzzles. Glad I didn't invest money in the thing. Extremely disappointing.

What's the Saying?
What's the Saying?

1.0 out of 5 stars Never seen anything so despicable...., September 13, 2014
This review is from: What's the Saying? (App)
I have never seen anything so awful as this tactic for artifically raising the number of games downloaded.

I am not a fan of reviews of apps that people have never played... yet this is a unique situation. There is no possible hardware problem; this issue DEFINITELY lies with the app itself.
I open this game...it is new, was free so I expect ads and stuff but that's ok, it looks fun, I haven't played it yet. Well I open it and I get a pop-up screen which I will quote directly for everyone's edification:
FREE COINS If you enjoy "What's the Saying?", you'll love "What's the Difference?!" [punctuation theirs]. Download it for free now and we'll give you a bonus 1,000 coins to use in "What's the Saying?".
Then there is a big green button that reads OK.

Ok me again. I don't KNOW if I enjoy "What's the Saying?" because I have never played it. I can see the ghost of the main page but there is literally NO POSSIBLE WAY to advance without pushing that big green OK button and literally be FORCED to download this other second game... I think it is despicable.
I never imagined that I would do as others I have seen, announcing that I have deleted this game without playing it.
Again I think this case is exceptionally awful and .. well I hate when people say they do things on principle ;) - I know the game designers aren't going to see this and say "Oh no we lost a customer *on principle*!" I would really like to play this game, but this shilling is the WORST EVER tactic I have seen to drum up the number of downloaded copies. I will not add my one single voice to that horribly, misleadingly large number of downloads made SOLELY to play the game in the first place.
I wish there was some kind of app-world version of the Better Business Bureau because this developer should be on the list. Unfortunately the best I can do is to write what I have here. I am considering contacting the developers directly.
Dreadful dreadful despicable despicable. Yuck. Never seen anything so awful as this tactic for artificially inflating the number of games sold.

-Edited to fix minor punctuation issues.

American Health Ester-C with Citrus Bioflavonoids, 500 mg, 240 Count
American Health Ester-C with Citrus Bioflavonoids, 500 mg, 240 Count
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $19.35
55 used & new from $16.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 19, 2014
My family has been using American Health Ester-C for many years. For some reason, it's become difficult to find locally. It's a fine way to take vitamin C with no issues of stomach upset and it seems to be good for our immune systems. I'm very pleased with this product and will continue using it as long as it's available.
I noticed that some people received tablets instead of capsules. My order was for capsules, received as promised and was fulfilled promptly by a company called OxKom. The product was what I expected and the service was excellent.

Easiest Escape Doors Ever - Open All Locked Doors
Easiest Escape Doors Ever - Open All Locked Doors

1.0 out of 5 stars more of the same, July 26, 2014
This game asks, in the middle of the game...in the middle of an actual level....for a five star rating in order to get the 'walkthrough'????? They are buying votes! Fraudulent rating system? I'm gonna tip them down to 1 star. Maybe their system doesn't work and I'll get the guide anyway.
Ok I will try for a helpful comment - it's a middle-of-the-road unlock rooms game, one in a huge morass of similar games, so I think this would be a decent version to turn to if you finish/get stuck/become bored with a similar app. I wouldn't pay for it though - I picked it up for free. Hope that helps.

Froggy Blast! FREE
Froggy Blast! FREE

2.0 out of 5 stars money grubber, July 21, 2014
This review is from: Froggy Blast! FREE (App)
Kinda like Cut the Rope, but without the design nuances that make the CTR games so popular.
And I am only reviewing this app because I was sent here from the game - I am trying to "earn" points and see how long I can play this game before.getting to the point that you have to use actual cash via the ubiquitous "in-app purchases" in order to continue playing. When I reach that point I think I will delete this one with very little regret. Two stars for mild and fleeting entertainment value.

Super Andrio World
Super Andrio World
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good knockoff, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Super Andrio World (App)
This is the best Kindle Fire version/knockoff of Supermario Bros from the original Nintendo in the 80's... I still really love it and I'm still really terrible at it! :) Worth the .99 I paid for it though I wouldn't go much higher.

Guess what?
Guess what?

3.0 out of 5 stars getting my bonus points, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Guess what? (App)
I love words, I love trivia, but as of yet this game has been extremely simple and intuitive. I hope.it gets more.challenging as it goes on....

Escape The Titanic
Escape The Titanic

3.0 out of 5 stars rating for "free" hints, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Escape The Titanic (App)
Seems decent, but I've only gotten through the first several levels and I am already looking for a hint. Granted, these games are not my forte so YMMV.

Page: 1 | 2