Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Profile for Frank Tropeano > Reviews

Browse

Frank Tropeano's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Frank Tropeano RSS Feed

Off to Be the Wizard
Off to Be the Wizard
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

1.0 out of 5 stars That's unforgivable to me and really bad writing., August 3, 2016
This review is for the Audible.com edition of the book. I purchased this book and gave it a chance based on the overwhelming number of positive reccomendations it's received on Amazon. I was only able to stick with this book until about chapter 9. That's where the book completely lost me and I lost interest in continuing the book. It's prettty simple. The books entire premise relied on the main characters ability to manipulate a text file that was hosted remotely via a cell phone and it's dependent cellular network. The author makes a direct point of this by having the main character pull out a cellular coverage map in chapter 4 and state that he needs to stay within 2-3 cell towers to make sure he is able to use the cell phone. Incredibly by chapter 9, the main character travels across space time and ends up in medieval england ~1300s by the White Cliffs of Dover. He then decides to walk a bit then gets tired and starts to use his cell phone to "teleport" by line of sight. WTH? No explaination is ever given as to how he is still able to use his cell phone when no cellular networks existed in the 1300s. That's unforgivable to me and really bad writing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2016 6:11 AM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I really liked the look of the case and it fits the ..., July 10, 2015
I really liked the look of the case and it fits the phone nicely. I am disappointed with my purchase overall though, but it's really my own fault. I should have scrutinized the pictures better...the case just does not offer any protection for the top and the bottom of the phone. If I uses this case and drop the phone on a corner at the top or bottom, it will crack the corner and the screen. I'm bummed that I cannot rely on this case as a wallet and protection for my phone. I need to purchase another case and move on from my bad decision.

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
DVD ~ Edward James Olmos
Offered by Amazing Prime Express
Price: $6.16
112 used & new from $0.29

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of this....a little bit of that...., October 29, 2009
When I bought this DVD I was expecting to get a few answers to the questions that were not answered during the 4+ seasons of BSG. I was hoping that the reveal of the Cylon "Plan" in it's entirety would explain the plot threads that were not tied up. I really wanted to know what happened to Kara Thrace when she was captured and held at the farm? What were they doing to her?

But what I got from this movie was a flashback to life on Caprica and in the colonies before the Cylon attack and a bunch of new "never before seen, deleted scenes" added to original, season 1-4+, footage to fill in the pieces of what Cavil, Simon, and Anders for the most part experienced off screen . I never got the feeling of a continuous story that made this final movie worthwhile.

If you're a BSG fan and a completest you have to watch this, but otherwise you can skip this and be just as happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2010 7:14 PM PST

The First Years Simple & Secure Stair Gate
The First Years Simple & Secure Stair Gate

2.0 out of 5 stars Great gate with a fatal flaw, April 16, 2005
I've purchased this same gate 3 times over the last 18 months! It is a very simple gate to install and very sturdy. Works and fits perfectly at at the top my stairs. One major problem, knob/locking mechanism keeps breaking! There is no way to fix either since it is rivited closed. I would buy it again until there is a better gate on the market.