Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for Dan > Reviews

Browse

Dan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dan RSS Feed

You Can Stop Smoking
You Can Stop Smoking
by Jacquelyn Rogers
24 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars LifeSign Smoking Cessation Device and This Book Helped Save My Life, March 5, 2015
This review is from: You Can Stop Smoking (Paperback)
Way back in 1991 I used the Lifesign Smoking Cessation Program in conjunction with Jacquelyn Rogers wonderful book "You Can Stop Smoking" to finally overcome a 14 year cigarette habit that had built up to 3 packs per day.

I was beginning to lose my voice repeatedly at the time, and I truly believed I was heading towards throat cancer from all the cigarettes I was consuming. Using the two programs together was my winning combination. I was able to quit and have remained free from cigarettes for more than 23 years!

Jacquelyn Rogers book was one of the best books I have ever read. This book/program was so thorough and well thought out that without a doubt I believe she should have received an award for it.

This book in my opinion needs to be required reading for anyone interested in quitting smoking, as by itself it is designed to get people to be able to quit, as it has proven it has by the other reviewers here. I simply found the book for sale while I happened to be utilizing another excellent quit smoking program/method, and I believe it was a miracle that I did! This book gave me a step by step guide on how to unravel the "finely-woven tapestry" of the smoking/quitting problem that is "more complex than a simple "do-it-yourself" approach can unravel".

Anyone attempting to quit smoking, especially on their own, I highly recommend they attempt to acquire and read this book as it is an invaluable "tool" that will greatly increase their odds of success as long as they are willing to apply what they learn from it and also that they truly want to quit.

I would personally like to thank Jacquelyn Rogers, Smokenders, and everyone else who made this book and program possible for helping me free myself from the hell that is cigarette addiction and for helping me reclaim and save my life.

LifeSign QuitKey Smoking Cessation Computer
LifeSign QuitKey Smoking Cessation Computer
Price: $39.43
2 used & new from $39.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Lifesign Saved My Life, February 28, 2015
I was never able to officially thank the makers of the original Lifesign product for helping save my life and deliver me from the hell that cigarettes were causing to my health and life until I saw this updated product here on Amazon! Until now! Thank You Lifesign for saving my life, as I became a true success story using the original Lifesign product all the way back in 1991!

I remember being up to smoking about 3 packs a day at that point after having smoked steadily for 14 years. I was at that point losing my voice repeatedly, and I believed then and to this day I was heading for throat cancer. I remember being up late one night, very late, and an infomercial for the Lifesign device came on. Having tried quitting cold turkey and having failed miserably, I was desperate for the means to quit.

I watched as all the people told their success stories, but I was reluctant to believe it all. It just could not be that simple. And the price, around $75 if I remember correctly. What if it did not work, and I failed again? But I was desperate to try anything. So I ordered it. I received the Lifesign unit in the mail, along with a green colored book which was the program contents.

I began to use the Lifesign unit, smoking normally and registering every time I lit up. I read the program book, which instilled important information into my head about what I was actually doing, how to remain positive, about eating right and about how to try to remain active, and about the actual psychological addiction to smoking.

After so long, I think it may have been a couple of weeks, the Lifesign unit set itself for near the maximum duration, something like 26 days. Before long, the unit was telling me when I could smoke. I was no longer free to light up whenever I wanted to. Now in all fairness, I believe for me this worked because I truly believe smoking is a personal addiction, and so is quitting. Some can quit cold turkey, no problem. Some simply, like myself, cannot. So for me, the tapering off method appeared to work well! And also, I believe I was not working at the time, so I was able to be home doing the program and not "under the gun" on a factory floor or somewhere where lighting up at inopportune moments would not be possible.

After a few weeks I was going like 6 hours between cigarettes. I continued to work the program, and also began to read a book called "You Can Stop Smoking" by Jacquelyn Rogers, the founder of Smokenders, another excellent smoking cessation program. I did cheat once. It was late and I made this mistake, but I went right back on track and stayed with the program. I finally made it to my final day. It was 12 hours to my final smoke. I could not believe it. At around noon that day I was told to smoke. I began to smoke that last cigarette. It tasted so awful! I stubbed it out. I pushed the button, and the Lifesign unit played me a beautiful song. I had actually quit smoking! I have never smoked cigarettes again and have been smoke free for more than 23 years!

I believe my personal success occured because I was desperate to quit. I think anybody who is desperate to quit, has tried going cold turkey and/or other various methods will be able to quit using this method if they are willing to work the program and stay focused on the goal. For me it was as if at a certain point my body was so happy to be free from the poisons found in the cigarettes that my body made a successful "breakout", and I soon was actually repulsed to be around them and their smell.

I believe that at one point, the Lifesign company actually called my phone number about 10 years later after I had quit to find out if I had ever been successful. I wasn't living at that number anymore so I was not able to tell them that indeed I was and to thank them for most likely saving my life and giving me back my freedom. I will do that now and again. Thank You Lifesign company and people for saving my life and for giving me back my life free from the horrors and deadly consequences of cigarette smoking! I am forever in your debt! And to anyone thinking is this program worth trying, after you have failed in your other attempts to quit? Believe me, it is worth every penny, even if it does not work, because the only failure and loss is to not try it.

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Norton Internet Security 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Offered by L&Y Business
4 used & new from $48.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Appears Headed in the Right Direction, September 29, 2012
NIS`s latest 2013 release has been pitched as "Norton Internet Security's five patented layers of protection and powerful cloud features protect you from threats, no matter where you go or what you do online". This version appears to be heading in the proper direction in an effort to stay one step ahead of the ever increasing number of threats found on the internet today. However in the highly competitive internet security and anti-virus market, the overall trend among anti-virus manufacturers appears to be a rush to release new product versions earlier and earlier into the market place, and in this process release Final Versions that are not without their bugs and problems.
We are told that there are simply too many programs and combinations that can cause these conflicts to occur, thus making it inevitable there will be ongoing issues. I am sure this is true to some extent. However, this "mad dash to the finish line" approach to release the new and improved version of anti-virus software and launch it into the marketplace appears to be counter-productive in a lot of ways. In the case with Norton, with their 2012/13 versions, there appear to be conflicts for some reason with different web browsers. Situations where browsers are crashing and Norton itself becoming corrupted and needing to be reinstalled have been reported. Now in all fairness it may not be Norton itself which is causing these conflicts and crashes, but the web browsers and/or other programs and their incompatibility themselves. Whatever the case, there appear to be conflicting problems that need to be worked out.
Norton itself has overall been on the right path as a quality anti-virus manufacturer and program, and has since 2009 become much lighter, faster, and of much better quality. In my opinion, it is at the very top in the anti-virus and internet security marketplace. Norton is a product that one has been able to trust to perform a specific function, and that function has been to protect one's computer from malware infestation, and it has performed that function very well. However, problems of web browsers crashing and Norton sometimes also becoming disabled cannot be ignored, and this needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. The average computer user is going to install an anti-virus product, and they expect it to function properly and with basically no issues. They do not have the time nor the skill to be able to fix their computers when web browsers start to crash and/or their programs become corrupted. And they are certainly not going to appreciate having to pay someone to repair their computer when they become unusable.
Final versions of all anti-virus programs need to be released relatively bug free and thoroughly tested. User interfaces need to also fully function properly, with all settings working and lit up respectively. Customers purchase and in return deserve to receive a fully polished and thoroughly tested Final Version, not prematurely released BETA software. And this holds true to all anti-virus manufacturers and brands, not just Norton.***
UPDATE:***- There appears to be continuing issues with the Norton toolbar tie-in that integrates itself with the different web browsers that are currently in use. Norton offers Identity and Vulnerability protection with the browser add-ins, and it has been suggested on the Norton Forums that this is what could be causing these ongoing problems. Web browser freeze-ups, failure to respond, videos freezing, web-browsers crashing, etc...these have been ongoing issues that Norton apparently has been attempting to fix and has not been able to at this point with the 2013 release. Also many problems with the Identity Safe feature are being reported, as well as with the new version of Windows 8. Thus with all these ongoing issues I am reducing my review rating of originally four stars to two stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 10:20 AM PDT

Norton Internet Security 2012 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Norton Internet Security 2012 - 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Offered by zhingzhingsoftware
Price: $55.48
5 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Internet Security Suite for 2012, September 16, 2011
This version appears to build upon the 2011 version. A simplified user interface masks an upgraded version of the 2011 interface. The user can now select to either have the simpler interface appear when opening up the Norton product, allowing for easy access to launch scans or for checking on/running live updates or otherwise one can set the product to regularly open up to the more advanced interface, displaying a revival of CPU and Norton usage meters, along with a trust level meter displaying the amount of files currently trusted by Norton that are on the computer after a reputation scan has been executed and also in conjunction to what setting one has selected beforehand for computer scanning purposes. The product appears to function well, with no real noticable slowdown in performance from the previous version thus continuing on with Norton's lighter footprint design and improvements which were introduced with the 2009 versions of Nortons. Quick scans are now automatically launched by the suite during new update periods and run daily on their own. The quickscans supposedly have now been improved upon to create a more thorough scan than on previous versions, while also offering improved upon rootkit scanning. Also, Norton's Sonar has been improved, along with the Insight Database, allowing NIS 2012 to provide a solid multiple layered level of protection/defense to the user. In addition, the firewall remains excellent, along with the anti-spam. With all of this said, it is important to realize and understand that no security suite will ever provide 100% protection to the user. Using common sense while online is of paramount importance. However, if one desires to have among the best protection currently available in a security suite for 2012, then in my opinion NIS 2012 is an excellent choice. It was again chosen as Editor's Choice by PC magazine out of the new 2012 internet security suites, and in my opinion it was chosen that for good reason.

Norton Internet Security 2011 - 1 User/3 PC [Old Version]
Norton Internet Security 2011 - 1 User/3 PC [Old Version]
Offered by Ocean Reef Electronics
Price: $38.00
4 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 2011 Security Suite Winner at PC magazine, November 9, 2010
Again NIS 2011 wins the Editors Choice Award for best Security Suite at PC magazine at this time. This version offers the same excellent protection that NIS 2010 offered, including an excellent firewall and more added overall features than the 2010 version . A high speed connection is required to run properly, and enough RAM to be able for it to do it's job properly, I would suggest at least 1GB to prevent issues. Norton's anti-virus protection for Security Suites right now, in my opinion, is the best one can get. It's virus removal is also rated excellent. I have been using NIS since it's 2009 version, which was the first year it was redesigned to be a very light application in regards to it's impact on the PC's performance. This is what is needed in order for one's system to not become bogged down by resource usage, where other Security Suites have failed to learn and improve upon. I have had no Virus problems at all going on almost 3 years, and my operating system is fast and nimble with NIS 2011 installed. The Amazon price for 1 year/3 PC protection is great, the NIS 2011 initial download time is great, and you can't go wrong with this program. And as a final note, be careful of the bad reviews, as it appears the majority of them are due to people not really giving an honest review of NIS 2011, but of something like a problem which lies somewhere else and is unrelated to NIS 2011. Even the novice PC user won't have any problems as everything is explained in the NIS 2011 interface. NIS 2011 is very unobtrusive to the user, and is overall an excellent internet security decision/application for 2011.

Norton Internet Security 2010 1-User 3PCs
Norton Internet Security 2010 1-User 3PCs
Offered by caitlynemorris
Price: $44.54
6 used & new from $21.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be a Quality Product, October 16, 2009
I recently upgraded from NIS 2009 to NIS 2010. For nearly a year NIS 2009 has kept my computer safe and secure. Around the tenth month that I had it Norton IS 2009 quarantined a trojan virus, of which I was amazed. Once available, I proceeded to download the 2010 version of Norton IS, (of which I had read the download was fast) and all was good. At about the 85% stage Norton stated about a minute remaining, however after about two to three minutes had gone by I began to get nervous and figured the download had failed. I attempted to stop the download but was warned by my computer problems could occur if I did. Eventually Norton stated it had reached 100%, and I was able to run the Norton's download, and all went well. The current boot up time for the 2010 version I believe has increased incrementally, but I believe it is worth it as it apparently is a better program. I saw a review on You Tube of Norton IS 2010 being tested against viruses, and it did well. There was a rogue anti-virus program that did manage to get by it, however and it installed itself on the test computer. To Norton's credit, I believe this rogue has been added to the Symantec virus database, and hopefully would be automatically blocked now. Also, to note, there is a way for one to manually quarantine certain files, etc... if they can be found. I believe Norton IS 2010 is a good security application, and believe the current top two are Nortons and Kaspersky. After having saw the review also of Kaspersky IS 2010, I would have to say it also is an exellent suite. The problems I have read with Kaspersky right now however appear to be (for some reported users) system slowdowns and bugginess with other computer applications. Also issues with Windows 64-bit Vista have been mentioned, along with installation problems. I think if in the future these issues are dealt with by Kaspersky, I would consider switching to their suite in the future, as it appears to be top notch( PLEASE TAKE NOTE I have never used Kaspersky and am only stating what I have read from other reviews). On another note, PC magazine has chosen Nortons IS 2010 their top pick for current 2010 IS suites.