Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Bogus Exception > Reviews

Browse

Bogus Exception's Profile

Customer Reviews: 162

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bogus Exception RSS Feed (Norwich, Connecticut United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
BTSKY® BM-8000 Blue Professional Broadcast & Recording Condenser Microphone with Mic Shock Mount + Mic Wind Screen Filter Shied
Offered by Theoneer
Price: $50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great sound for just $30!, August 18, 2016
Love the mic-especially for the price.

It needs no EQ at all, which is a nice surprise. Will hopefully return with sample video.

MAXTOMARS B4 4-Channel Mixer with USB Player, Graphics EQ, Mono Mic / Line & Stereo Mixer
Offered by NexToMax

4.0 out of 5 stars For what it is/costs, very much worth it., August 18, 2016
4 stars for design, not functionality. Well, a little functionality... I just can't call it "perfect for the money" (5-stars), sorry.

Pros:
-Works awesome for vocals from a powered condenser, but virtually no way to boost a 1/4" crap cardioid input.
- TON of headroom for a powered mic.
- I got it for the EQ, which is rare on a cheap mixer. Ranges ease in well (63Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1KHz, 2.5KHz, 6.3KHz, and 16KHz).
- I have found that I am keeping the EQ flat, and the "tone" controls (HF, LF) at 0. Maybe my mic is that good?
- I like that all the connections are on top, except the wall PS & the on/off switch.

Cons:
- The board does NOT suppress signals created by powering on & off, which is a crime-even for a cheapie.
- I can see no use with vocals for the "Delay" and "Repeat", except as a toy. If it just had reverb, it might be useful.
- (1/2) Not sensitive enough for cardioids (as mentioned above, but who would use one with a mixer?)

N/A:
- Haven't used the USB input. Separate gain control handy.
- I think I tried the phantom power once for a BM-8000, but didn't trust it (even with cheap stuff, dedicated is better), instead grabbing a $20 InnoGear IG101, which is really great.
- No gain for "3/4" (inputs), which as RCAs I have no use for.
- Weird to have "tone" controls and a 7-band eq. Maybe if I had a bunch of inputs...

Enoz Fly Swatter (set of 24)
Enoz Fly Swatter (set of 24)
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $18.63
7 used & new from $10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars No more: "Where is *the* fly-swatter?", August 18, 2016
This review is from: Enoz Fly Swatter (set of 24)
We could never find THE fly swatter, so I solved the problem-like a guy fixes any problem: Buy lots of them. Now they're scattered all over the house.

Deviant Moon Tarot Book
Deviant Moon Tarot Book
by Patrick Valenza
Price: $28.45
45 used & new from $22.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Love supporting Pat Valenza, August 18, 2016
Great book, learned a lot about the deck, most notably that it had been in the works since the 80s...

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 13.0, English
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 13.0, English
Price: $88.99
61 used & new from $87.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Deal-breaker: No Line-In sources, like a mixer., August 2, 2016
DNS has gradually lost the ability over the years to take Line Input. I don't mean it translates poorly... I mean you can no longer even add a line in input from something like a mixer. Profile adding/editing flat out rejects it-even when it sees great signal.

Instead they are promoting buying expensive USB microphones instead of letting those of us with nice studio setups use the equipment we've already purchased. Wonderful.

It makes you want to look for their competitors and see what they support...

Radix One Slim Wallet (Smoke/Black)
Radix One Slim Wallet (Smoke/Black)
Offered by Radix Products
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually a value at just $12 USD..., July 30, 2016
This review is from: Radix One Slim Wallet (Apparel)
At $12, you get 2 pieces of plastic and a rubber loop/band. In my video below (which Amazon deleted), I had wrongly thought it was $20.

The unboxing and filling in the video tell the story, but as my first one, I am impressed.

The only issue I can already see is that of thinking I am "wallet-less" when I can't feel that rock in my back pocket. I will surely keep reaching for the old pillow, not find it, and think I have lost/forgot it for many weeks while I get used to a 'minimalist wallet', but you can't in good conscience blame that on the wallet, eh? :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2016 9:36 AM PDT

TrendyLuz USA American Flag Patriotic Wooden Bow Tie - Handcrafted Wood Collection (Cherry Wood)
Offered by TrendyLuz USA
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No, it isn't a "self-tie", but I told everyone it was!, July 24, 2016
Wore this for Flag Day. Perfect! the elastic strap easily accomodated my 18" neck.

Pilot Fountain Pen CON-50 Converter×3 Packs/total 3 pcs (Japan Import) [Komainu-Dou Original Package]
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $15.78
2 used & new from $15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Always perfect., June 24, 2016
Bought lots of these-always from Pilot... Don't get knock-offs, as the tolerances are tight... You can end up with ink all over the place for saving $0.20

Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB5000100)
Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB5000100)
Price: Click here to see our price
96 used & new from $102.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't blame the drive for how you use it!, June 24, 2016
People. Get a grip, ok? Did you put all your precious files on a single drive, thus creating a SPOF (Single Point of Failure), then lose all your files? Really? Then YOU are an idiot, not Seagate. This is not a drive made from the elusive Nepherbraike material. It's a mechanical THING, and the cheapest cost.

So don't bitch about tainted reviews when YOU let your own naiveté sway yours.

P.S., I like how it powers down when the USB not connected. Nice touch.

Noodlers Ink 3Oz Apache Sunset
Noodlers Ink 3Oz Apache Sunset
Offered by Junipers'
Price: $12.41
6 used & new from $12.41

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, which is what I wasn't looking for!, April 16, 2016
I'm a big fan of Nathan's, and when I got this I was hoping it would be darker. I can't really use it for notes & such as a result, but I'll find a use for it eventually. It will just last a long time. What I was really looking for, I found in Diamine's Ancient Copper...

So I like it a lot, just remember that it is not a dark ink on white paper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17