Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for John D > Reviews

Browse

John D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John D RSS Feed (Redmond, WA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (6ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Kevlar Fiber & Double Braided Nylon] for iPhone, iPad and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $15.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for one month then dead, June 16, 2016
I have bought lots of Anker stuff without problems. Six-port USB chargers, short and long cables, etc. This one is just over a month old and has stopped working already, with the "unauthorized device" error displayed on three different phones, using two different chargers.

Troika Patent Keyholder with 6 Rings (KYR60MC)
Troika Patent Keyholder with 6 Rings (KYR60MC)
Price: $25.00
16 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, attractive, works perfectly, June 16, 2016
So convenient. Easy to remove a key to give to a valet or mechanic, or to leave the bulk out of your pocket. You do have to look to attach and remove but it never lets anything off accidentally, and it's easy to work.

The carabiner piece is just like the others, easy to remove if you don't want it sometimes, and easy to put back on when you do.

I have bought a few, as gifts and so I would have plenty of the little key holders for all my keys. Never had one break on me yet in spite of about two years of daily use.

Pelikan Leather Single Pen Case Black
Pelikan Leather Single Pen Case Black
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative
Price: $39.24
79 used & new from $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact but great protection, June 16, 2016
Well made, protects small to large pens. Looks better in person than in online picture.

Reda Portable Motorcycle Gas Can - 1 Gallon
Reda Portable Motorcycle Gas Can - 1 Gallon
Offered by Chrome World
Price: $31.45
6 used & new from $29.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for wetting the outside of your bike's gas tank with gasoline, June 16, 2016
Awful. Spout does not work at all. Ended up pouring the gas into the tank without using the spout at all, spilling much outside the tank. Here is a situation where 70% success is not a passing grade. Threw in garbage after one use.

Fun with a Pencil: How everybody can easily learn to draw
Fun with a Pencil: How everybody can easily learn to draw
Price: $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic for a reason, good on color Kindle, August 3, 2015
I have studied and practiced from many books, but remain a beginner. Somehow, the lessons in this book seem better grounded, and I find myself progressing faster than I have before.

I am working from the Kindle version, which seems entirely adequate. But I am working from a Kindle Fire. This would not work well from a regular Kindle that lacks color, as some of the instruction definitely requires it. But I find this useful on an iPad, my Kindle Fire, and on my Mac.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as the Apple cable, March 17, 2015
The cable seems electrically fine, but doesn't work with the popular Speck CandyShell grip case. This is because the casing around the Lightning connector is too large to fit through the hole in the case. Also, the wire is somewhat less flexible than the similar Apple wire, so it's harder to coil up and store.

CamelBak Groove .6L Water Bottle
CamelBak Groove .6L Water Bottle
Price: $11.96 - $145.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, excellent customer service, December 20, 2014
I've had the Groove now for almost a year, in the 750 ml size. I also bought the neoprene cover, which I've found very helpful.

I use the Groove because I don't want to buy plastic disposable bottles all the time, and I drink between one and two liters of water every day. That's a lot of expense -- and plastic -- with disposables!

The Groove does exactly what it promises: It removes foul tastes from your water. I've changed the filter only twice, when I've noticed an "off" taste. Based on my experience, I'm going to start replacing at 3 months rather than when the chlorine sneaks through. The replacement filters are cheap, only about a dollar each, and the whole process takes less than two minutes to do.

I'm glad I waited to post this review. I was initially very happy with the Groove but I prefer to rate products after I've gotten to know them. Then I had the spout start to pop up on me without me touching it, which made it both prone to leaking and a little less sanitary. I thought I had a dud. Then, a couple weeks ago, I realized I wasn't using it every day any more, and it was because of the spout issue. So I decided to order another one and went to the Camelbak site to see if I could just buy the top. Turns out they have a warranty replacement section. I was able to order a replacement top at no charge. It took me less than five minutes and did not require that I dig up the receipt, and I received the replacement at no charge in less than a week!

I am back to 100% happy with the bottle. I just wish I'd been smart enough to go to the Camelbak site once the issue began!

I will mention a couple great use cases for this bottle that make it superior to the excellent Eddy. First, it's awesome for air travel. As you know, when you go through security, you can't have a full water bottle. So I bring it, empty it out at the airport, then simply refill it as soon as I'm through security. I use a small collapsible cup I keep in my carry-on (because it's hard to fill a water bottle under most spigots), and end up with great-tasting water without paying the high prices. Second, I like it for drinking water with my meal at a restaurant. They will all offer you free water with your meal, but the water's going to be city water with its chlorine taste. I just pour the whole glass, ice and all, right into the Groove. Finally, it's excellent in any other place where there is safe potable water, such as at the city ballpark.

Last point I'll make is to echo what some others have said. If you're new to Camelbak bite valves, you should know you do NOT need to suck hard to get the water out. There's a tiny slit in the valve oriented vertically. You have to bite the face of it open, then it takes only slightly more suction power than an ordinary straw to get the water. If it's not working, pinch the valve hard between your fingers until you see it open up.

This is a great way to get fresh-tasting water wherever you are at a very low cost per liter.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice form, great paper, huge stock stickers, November 19, 2014
The paper itself is wonderful for use with a fountain pen. I've used several inks from several pens on it, and I get little feathering and no bleed-through. The perforations are right at the top of the page, unobtrusive but useful.

The form factor is also very helpful. It fits easily in a shirt or pants pocket and is perfect for all those little notes for which sheets of notebook paper are far too large.

The cover is also very pleasing. Rhodia makes the covers of a slick material that feels good in the hand and slides smoothly on a table or in and out of your pocket. It's scored to easily fold under the pad while you write.

Unfortunately, these are sold with huge stock stickers attached to them. At 2" x 1 1/4" they are unattractive. I removed one, and it left a huge amount of adhesive behind. Most people probably won't care about that, but it's why I had to deduct a star.

Great paper!!

LAMY Ballpoint Refill, Black Broad (LM16BKB)
LAMY Ballpoint Refill, Black Broad (LM16BKB)
Offered by Pen Boutique Ltd
Price: $5.25
12 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Black, broad and smooth, November 6, 2014
This is the black broad refill, as shown in the description. The pictured refill is a medium point, but the actual item shipped is what is described -- black broad. :)

This has a lot of ink in it and lasts quite a while. It is my favorite Lamy ballpoint refill with its smooth writing, bold line and high capacity.

LAMY Ballpoint Refill, Blue Broad (LM16BLB)
LAMY Ballpoint Refill, Blue Broad (LM16BLB)
Offered by Pen Boutique Ltd
Price: $5.25
8 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Description is right. Great refill!, November 1, 2014
This is the broad blue refill, though the picture shows a medium black. So the description is correct; only the picture is wrong.

This won't make you think your ballpoint is a fountain pen, but it's the smoothest refill I've used with regular ballpoint ink. I love this in my Lamy 2000 and also some Lamy Al Stars. Recommended 100% for your M16-accepting Lamy pens.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7