Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Profile for Ward A. Snyder > Reviews

Browse

Ward A. Snyder's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ward A. Snyder "wardo" RSS Feed (Ft. Collins, CO USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Cree 75W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 LED Light Bulb
Cree 75W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 LED Light Bulb
Price: $15.97
13 used & new from $6.45

1.0 out of 5 stars 10 year warrantee, no customer service, and a bulb life of around 1 year makes these a poor choice, December 6, 2015
Cree lists a 10 year warrantee on these bulbs but has no customer service if you do have issues with the bulbs. I started a project 2 years age where I replace every incandescent bulb in my house with LEDs. I started buying Philips bulbs, and a little more then half way through I switched to Cree because they cost less. I've had maybe a dozen Cree builds in the house for a bit over a year. Of these bulbs three have needed to be replaced already. When the first bulb started flickering I thought it odd, but then it died. I looked up Cree's website I was going to call customer service to get a replacement. I could only find an email address for customer service, so I wrote them about when I bought the build and that it was now dead and I wanted a replacement as part of the 1 year guarantee. They never responded. I tried sending again and still go know response, so I just threw away the bulb. By about then I had another bulb that was flickering, and it died a couple of weeks later, I didn't even write this time, just tossed it and replace a with a Philips. One other has died just the other day, and it seems to me that these are so poor quality that I should write about it.

Qbeam 809-3711-1 Qbeam Pro Series 2aa Flashlight
Qbeam 809-3711-1 Qbeam Pro Series 2aa Flashlight
Offered by Vintage Paint
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after 7 months and couldn't get it replaced under warrantee, becasue there seems to be no service dept., July 26, 2015
I bought this flashlight and liked it a lot, I only used this when I was walking the dog at night, I could put this in my pocket and use it to see when I was cleaning up after him. I used this for 7 months and one night when I turned it on it came on full strength and then faded to nothing. I assumed the batteries were dead, and when I got home swapped the batteries out with new. The flashlight was still dead. These have a 1 year warrantee, so I assumed I could get a replacement. Nope, customer server phone number at Qbeam wasn't in operation, I sent 2 emails to the listed customer service email and never got a reply. I finally had to accept the loss and buy a new flashlight (not a QBeam). If you want a flashlight that is over priced and has no warrantee, this would be the one for you.

BSA 30mm Red Dot Scope with 5 MOA
BSA 30mm Red Dot Scope with 5 MOA
Offered by Reliable Values
Price: $31.68
12 used & new from $24.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 1 year and 1 month, April 4, 2015
I liked the scope. I used it on a .22 and it ran great for 1 year and 1 month (1 month beyond the warrantee), I was shooting and the red dot blurred and spread across the whole screen and then there was no more red dot. I replaced the batteries and the thing just seems to be dead. I don't plan on buying it again, because it seems to be a product that last the year of warrantee and no longer. I don't want to pay this much every year on a scope for a .22

ITALIAN 2 PC 100% Egyptian Cotton Bath Mat Set, IVORY
ITALIAN 2 PC 100% Egyptian Cotton Bath Mat Set, IVORY

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a cloth with a nice design and no backing, February 5, 2015
I've always been confused on how you can take a small decretive towel and call it a bath matt. This is a cloth with a nice design and no backing. So throw it on a tile floor and it tends to slide around instead of staying in one spot. When you step onto a bath matt you aren’t supposed to have to worry about it moving on you that is why a bath matt had a backing to it. In this case the matt is smaller than a bath towel, and less thick than our normal bath towesl, but it more decretive, that is all this is. Definitely nothing we were looking for as a bath matt.

TiVo Roamio Pro 3 TB DVR (Old Version) - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player
Offered by WiredAtHome
Price: $489.99
3 used & new from $489.99

1.0 out of 5 stars My device failed less than two months after purchasing, slow service, extra costs and lack of 24 hr support delays replacement, October 23, 2014
This device costs $500, and then I had to spend another $500 to buy the Product Lifetime TiVo service subscriptions (You could just pay monthly fees). I bought 2 mini’s for my two other TV’s and had to pay for the subscriptions for those as well. Less than 2 months after purchasing this product it just died, it put up a green screen on the TV saying that the device had a fatal error and would take 3 hours to fix. If I still saw this screen after 3 hours I needed to call TIVO customer support. In the meantime, the mini’s can’t do anything without the DVR (remember you still have to pay for a TIVO subscription on the mini’s even though they can only read from the DVR) so we have no TV anywhere in the house. When the 3 hours is up, I found that TIVO’s customer service is closed for the day, so I have to wait until the next day to contact them. They don’t have any customer service before I have to go to work, so I have to take part of the day off to try to get a replacement. When I call the TIVO people are saying their normal replacement policy requires me to ship them the dead unit and when they get it back they will ship me a working unit. TIVO said that I could leave a deposit (came to a little over $600) and they would ship a replacement unit before getting my dead one back. I asked if they shipped the replacement unit as an overnight shipment and I’m told they will as long as I pay for the expedited shipping, otherwise it would be a normal package with no estimated delivery date. I end up paying the deposit and for the 1 day shipping, but then find they can’t make the shipment that day so it won’t go out until the next day, so 2 and ½ days out of service and a lot of money later I should get a replacement product. Long term, let’s compare products. If you buy a TIVO you own your device, but you don’t get 24 hour support, if the product dies, you lose all of your recorded programs and you aren’t recording for days because there is no rush on TIVO’s side to get you back up and running. If you use a cable provider’s or dish provider’s product you are renting for about the same price as TIVO’s subscription fee, but our cable provider and dish provider’s all offer 24 hour support. When a device dies, the dish company’s use expedited shipping and the cable company just sends someone out to replace the product. I don’t think TIVO’s product is worth the service they offer, so I would recommend just renting a product.

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750
Price: $49.99
100 used & new from $19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't replace the battery, March 1, 2014
I own LOTS of Logitech gear and I'm a big fan, however this is a big flop. I bought one of these for my grandson's birthday last year. It ran great for a little over 6 months, and then the battery no longer seemed to be charging well. He would have to stick the keyboard in the Window and let it sit there for hours before he would try using it again. I figured I could just replace the battery, we have lots of solar powered stuff that they sell replaceable batteries for. I looked this up on Logitech's web site and the keyboard is fully sealed, so they list their is no way to replace the battery. Into the scrape heap this goes. What a waste.

Aurum High Speed 90 Degree (Right Angle) HDMI Cable with Ethernet (3 feet) Full HD Supports 3D and Audio Return Channel
Offered by CABLE-MIX

2.0 out of 5 stars Bent the wrong way to work with anything I own, December 21, 2013
I bought this to work with my wall mounted TV, but then found I couldn't use it because the bend was the wrong direction to use it. I then tried plugging this into my blueray player. On the blueray the HDMI jacks were at the bottom of the player, and if I plug this in the cable goes directly into the shelf the player sits on. I finally ended up propping the blueray play up on a DVD player and because the back of the blueray player is longer, I was able to use the cable by having it just hang directly down. The cable quality seems fine, but the 90 degree angle is 180 degree off to be usable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2015 7:57 PM PST

Dockers Men's 5 Pocket Khaki D3 Classic Fit Pant
Dockers Men's 5 Pocket Khaki D3 Classic Fit Pant

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is wrong on these pants, December 28, 2011
I ordered these online using the item number and size from 4 other pairs of dockers that I already owned. because I expected them to be the same size I cut the tags off and washed them. When I put on the first pair the size was really really wrong. I could put two fists into the opening at the waist they were so large. I tryed the second pair and they fit way too large as well. Everything had the same markings as my original pairs of pants, but they were unwearable. I returned them to Amazon, and in their refund they took of the cost of shipping and without the tags, they listed them as a partual return and gave me a half refund.

So becasue I didn't go to a store and try these on first, I paid $67.00 and got a refund of $33.48, and ended up with no new pants. If I would have bought these at Kohls they would have given me a full refund even without the tags.

This will be my last clothing purchase online, there is just no way to get a correct size these days without trying them on. This seems like an expensive lesson to learn, so I'm passing it on. No money to be saved by shopping online for this type of item.

OGIO Mastermind Street Pack
OGIO Mastermind Street Pack
Price: $70.63 - $95.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Zippers are an issue on this pack, June 22, 2011
My Wife bought me this pack for Christmas to replace a OGIO pack that I'd had for almost 2 years. My old pack had a zipper that had come apart and after looking around I liked this pack becasue it had more small pockets then any other pack on the market. When I got this pack I loved it all fo the pockets make it easy to store all of my small electronics so that I could find them easily.

The issue was that within 2 months the main zipper broke. I saw from other review that people had said that their zippers had failed, and the Amazon seller replaced the pack. We wrote to the seller on Amazon and asked if they would replace the pack, we got no response.

We finally had to got through OGIO to get a new pack. OGIO said that their replacement policy is that they can replace the pack with any compariable pack, so they sent me a different pack that had no small pockets. So for 2 months I had the pack I wanted and now I have a pack that I would never have picked to purchase becasue it doesn't meet my needs.

I back shopping for another pack, but this time I'm skipping the OGIO products.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 2:01 PM PST

StarTech 2 Port Professional USB KVM Switch Kit with Cables (SV231USB)
StarTech 2 Port Professional USB KVM Switch Kit with Cables (SV231USB)
Offered by Nspire
Price: $54.50
92 used & new from $33.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst KVM I have ever owned, December 17, 2010
I bought this KVM based on the Amazon reviews. This was the fist KVM that I have owned that didn't have a hot key to switch between computers, but I thought that would be OK for a better quility KVM. This KVM was very poor and would loose the video setting ever 2 or 3 times I would switch between computers. It would take me from my high res setting back down to a old VGA mode of display and my display would be a mess and would only clear up after a reboot of the computer. There are far better KVMs for about half of this cost, and that do the job far better then this box does.

Page: 1 | 2