Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Whitlock > Reviews

Browse

Whitlock's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Whitlock "whitlock" RSS Feed (Belle Mead, NJ United States)

Toni Tennille: A Memoir
Toni Tennille: A Memoir
Price: $9.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, a Slow Read!, May 31, 2016
Boring. Not a page turner. Droned on and on with some pretty mundane stories about their musical career . Perhaps, people in the music industry would appreciate all the name dropping, I tired of it pretty quickly. Would have preferred a more personal look. Book was, most definitely, one sided, with Daryl looking ridiculous. Enjoyed their music, this memoir, not so much. I wish her well in her retirement; her voice is her gift, not writing, unfortunately.

Care Bears Love-a-Lot Bear 12" Bear with DVD
Care Bears Love-a-Lot Bear 12" Bear with DVD
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $23.87
6 used & new from $20.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Met Expectations!, January 17, 2015
My Care Bear is a very soft plush, in a pretty pink color. A DVD is included, and the Bear's authentic packaging make it a nice gift. This will be a Valentine's Day gift for my 5 yr. old granddaughter. She, just like my grown children did, loves the Bears. I think It is a little smaller than the bears of the 80's, but overall, the quality is topnotch.

KOUBOO Oval Nito Placemat, Set of 2
KOUBOO Oval Nito Placemat, Set of 2
Price: $39.50
2 used & new from $39.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Expectations!, June 28, 2014
Fantastic! High-end, quality item. I purchased 6, and even though a handcrafted, natural product, each one is of consistent color and quality. I had purchased a similar item at a well-known kitchen store, and returned them; they were so inconsistent in color that they didn't look like a matching set on my table. These placemats are smooth enough, as well as thin enough to enable one to put a wine glass on it without fear of tipping. I am very pleased and may purchase more as gifts. An exceptional product.

HIC Liquid Dry Spice Jar Sugar Seasoning Measuring Spoons, Heavyweight 18/8 Stainless steel, Set of 6 Spoons
Price: $11.25
20 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Expectations, April 23, 2014
Good quality; nice weight; exceeds my expectations; a good value. These spoons are just what I wanted to be able to easily measure spices in smaller-mouth spice containers. I also like the wide array of measurement sizes.

Mikasa Italian Countryside 45-Piece Flatware Set with Caddy, Service for 8
Mikasa Italian Countryside 45-Piece Flatware Set with Caddy, Service for 8

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Winner!, August 31, 2013
I, like the previous reviewer, bought this exact set several years ago directly from Mikasa. Originally, my intention was to add a few place settings to my set, so that I had extras for food preparation, without having to run the dishwasher. Instead, I bought another 45-piece set at a terrific open-box special - I now have 16 place settings - maybe a little excessive for my needs, but no regrets!

It is the exact quality of my original set. I have not babied this flatware, and wash it exclusively in the dishwasher. Due to the linear pattern on the handles, it does not show any scratches or smudges. Love that it is 18/10; no rusting on any piece. Set also comes with nice serving pieces, as well as a wooden caddy.

What I like the most is the substantial weight of the pieces. Very nice feel in your hand, and the spoons, especially, are shaped very nicely. I don't like lightweight flimsy flatware. I find myself using it for both everyday and special occasions. No polishing needed. Looks brand new right out of the dishwasher! Guests have also commented on its appearance.

I would compare its quality to that of sets costing hundreds of dollars more. This is one of the best houseware purchases I have made over the years. I have bought multiple flatware sets in the past 30 years, and they do not compare to this set. Recently, I found myself recommending this set to a customer shopping at a major department store.

You will be very happy with this flatware. Its classic good looks goes well with both my traditional and contemporary dishware.

(Disclaimer: I do not have any connection with Mikasa!)

Rachael Ray Stoneware 10-Oz. Ramekins Round Bubble and Brown Singles, Set of 4, Green
Price: $14.54
10 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift; Multiple Uses, January 9, 2010
Bought several sets of the green ramekins for gifts. Went back and bought a set for myself. Quality item - good stoneware, perfect size for individual twice-baked potatoes, onion soup, dips etc. Ceramic is naturally easy to clean. I used them for individual Yorkshire puddings for Christmas dinner. Their bright color added a nice touch to the dinner table. My budding-chef son loves the size for individual portions, and also that they don't take up too much room in his small Brooklyn apartment. Pretty enough to leave out for other uses - use one for cooking salt by the stove. I have been very happy with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 2:12 AM PST

Nordic Ware Danish Ebleskiver Pan
Nordic Ware Danish Ebleskiver Pan
Price: $23.33
74 used & new from $18.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Breakfast Treat, but Nonstick Coating Fragile, March 31, 2009
Love these little pancakes! Great fun to make and eat. Very easy to make. Used a tart jelly, but eager to try other fillings, as well. My son's girlfriend is Scandanavian,and was so happy to see me making them; reminded her of her family on Christmas morning. Their filling was always apple. However, when hand washing after my first use, little flakes of non-stick coating came off several of the pancake wells. As I used only a wooden chopstick to turn the pancakes, I was really disappointed in the quality. Returned the pan, and Amazon sent out a new pan within two days. Great customer service! I have only used the new pan once, but so far so good. Maybe I got a defective pan, but would urge caution with the type of utensils used. Overall, this is a nice pan, lightweight, but yet sturdy.

Cuisinart 77-10 Chef's Classic Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set
Cuisinart 77-10 Chef's Classic Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set
Price: Click here to see our price
39 used & new from $134.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cookware Set at a Terrific Price, November 29, 2003
After comparing major cookware lines, All Clad, Emeril, Wolfgang Puck, Jamie Oliver online, as well as in major stores, Williams Sonoma, Macy's, Linen n Things, etc., I purchased Cuisinart's Chefs Classic set. Quality, features, and value could not be matched! The price (with free shipping), also included a kitchen tools set, a nice bonus.
Thanksgiving was my big "road test". The quality is outstanding! The mirror finish stainless kettles have a nice weight, well-fitting lids, classy sturdy riveted handles, flat bottoms that fit nicely on the burners, and stay-cool handles. They heat evenly. I do not like nonstick cookware, and by adding a little water to the pan after cooking, cleanup was a breeze. I put them all in the dishwasher and they come out sparkling.
I bought a chrome potrack and display them proudly. They indeed look and perform like very high-priced cookware. This was indeed a great purchase!
Any minor spotting or discloration from use, disappears like magic with the use of a small amount of Barkeeper's Friend powder.
I am so pleased with my set that I have already added to it; I purchased a 2qt. and 3qt. saucepan, and the 5 1/2 qt. saute pan. The saute pan is a work of art; especially good for those big pieces of meat on Holidays, and at $39.99, an unbelievable value. I plan on purchasing several as gifts.
It is also ovenproof to 550 degrees; something not found in the plastic-lid products.
You will not be disappointed.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 12:17 PM PDT