Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for CP > Reviews

Browse

CP's Profile

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CP RSS Feed (Greenville)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Arlo Q - 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio and Free Cloud Storage (VMC3040)
Arlo Q - 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio and Free Cloud Storage (VMC3040)
Price: $199.49
21 used & new from $169.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Nest support is pretty poor, their subscriptions can get very expensive and ..., August 15, 2016
I own 8 Drop Cams and have been looking for a viable alternative for a while. Nest support is pretty poor, their subscriptions can get very expensive and they very seldom update their apps since Google purchased them.

The Arlo Q is a great camera. The hardware is probably not as sexy and solid as the Nest Cam but it's high quality and minimal--unlike Foscam/Amcrests. The camera was very easy to setup but required pointing a QR code displayed on the phone at the camera. Seem's odd that they didn't just implement pairing via bluetooth (like Drop cam) or via Wifi-direct like Amcrests.

After pairing, the rest of the setup was pretty easy. There is a long delay between what the camera records and what you see. I would estimate drop cam's delay is about 2-3 seconds while Arlo is clearly over 5 seconds. Also, when you open the App, you have to click the "live" button to initiate a live stream--unlike on Nest/Drop cam where it starts immediately. This might be different if you pay for a subscription.

Out of the box, you just get motion alerts uploaded and availble for viewing. You can pay extra for continuous recording (like Dropcam). The App support on Arlo is much better than Nest. Arlo app works in splitscreen view on iPad while Nest does not. This was a big deal for me.

Picture quality is very good but I would give the edge slightly to Nest cam (the old 720P drop cam and 1080p Nest cam video quality look identical by the way).

Another thing I love about Arlo is that the motion alert emails (you can get push and/or emails) include a link to view the video that works from any browser (HTML5 video). Unlike Nest which needs to either open the app or open a browser with flash.

Overall the negatives are outweighed by the positives. This is the closest thing to Nest cam so I'll probably end up swapping over to these eventually. Hopefully they don't abandon this platform...

Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System - 2 HD, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor Cameras with Night Vision (VMS3230) by NETGEAR
Price: $299.99
19 used & new from $280.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement/alternative to Nestcam, July 15, 2016
I just installed my first Arlo wire-free to test it out. We have 12 Dropcams on our property but have been looking to migrate to something else for a couple of reasons. First, Google/Nest has been slow to update the app. For example it still doesn't support split-screen view on iPad and the webapp still requires flash! Second, the cost of service was just getting too high for what I was getting.

I was quickly able to setup my first Arlo. I love that it is completely battery powered and weather-proof. I've wanted to put some Dropcams outside my house but just wasn't able to find a realistic way to run the cable outside. Plus Nest/Dropcams are not weather proof so I needed to buy a third party housing.

I've been pleased with the Arlo so far. Notifications work great, playback from the cloud has been smooth and something that I love is that email motion notifications have direct links to view the video clip on it's own--versus Nest/Dropcam's links which force you to the webpage which doesn't work in Safari.

The only negative I can see is that the app (although it is wonderful) could still use some polish. Some of the text size on the buttons is inconsistent and looks sloppy.

I plan to purchase many more Arlo and Arlo Q's to slowly replace my Dropcam inventory.

ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Tee,White,X-Large
ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Tee,White,X-Large
Price: $21.61
2 used & new from $14.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, pills too easily, July 3, 2016
I love this shirt but it pills way too easily. I own three of these and the fabric has pills only after a few washes.

Gold Toe Men's 3 Pair Cushion Quarter, White/Grey, Sock Size: 10 - 13, Shoe Size: 6 - 12.5
Price: $12.00

2.0 out of 5 stars This is the same price as the Gold Toe 6-pack ..., July 3, 2016
This is the same price as the Gold Toe 6-pack quarter socks yet there is no noticeable (to me) improvement in quality. This has a grey-yellow toe while the 6-pack has a yellow toe.

LG V10 Charge Dock Cradle - Rerii Cellphone and Battery Charge Dock Cradle for LG V10 (Black)
Offered by Rerii
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this!, July 3, 2016
Such a simple but great idea. I use a TPU case on my V10 and I have to remove the removable insert for the phone to fit perfectly in the dock. The only negative I can think of is that the footprint is so small that it easily tips back when the phone is docked. Otherwise, I love it and just bought another for my work desk.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Retractable Lightning to USB Cable - 2 Feet (0.6 Meters) - White
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars ... is simply too short and the retraction is too easily triggered. I prefer the Scoshee brand retractable cable ..., July 3, 2016
The cable and connector is high quality but the cable is simply too short and the retraction is too easily triggered. I prefer the Scoshee brand retractable cable because it's a bit longer than this one.

OXO Good Grips No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 8.8 oz., White/Blue
OXO Good Grips No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 8.8 oz., White/Blue
Price: $9.95
15 used & new from $9.85

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great idea. If you fill the ice tray to ..., July 3, 2016
This is a great idea. If you fill the ice tray to the top with water, the ice will bulge up the silicone cover so just fill each reservoir about 2/3 full. Maybe it's my water but the ice doesn't really slide out as easily as they show--I always have to two-hand-twist the tray to loosen up the cubes. Otherwise, it's a nice ice tray.

OXO Good Grips Covered Ice Cube Tray
OXO Good Grips Covered Ice Cube Tray
Price: $4.99
23 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Skip this and get the Oxo Good Grips ice tray with the silicone cover, July 3, 2016
The slide cover can be awkward to slide off. Skip this and get the Oxo Good Grips ice tray with the silicone cover. It's not perfect but it's better than this one if you need a covered ice tray.

PencilCozy for Apple Pencil - WHITE
PencilCozy for Apple Pencil - WHITE
Offered by Cozy Industries
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got it, July 3, 2016
It's expensive but it does it's job perfectly. Glad I got it.

Hermitshell Headphone Wrap Magnetic Earphone In-ear Earbud Cord Organizer Clip for Bose AKG Audio-technica Jaybird Panasonic JVC Brainwavz Beats Apple Samsung Musicians Sport Runner Outdoor Khaki
Offered by HermitShell Case
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, July 3, 2016
I've tried a bunch of cord wrap things but I think this one is a keeper. I like the simplicity of just wrapping up the cord but the magnetic clip can also be used to secure the cord to your shirt (which a rubber band or twist-tie can't do).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15