Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for Jan Berry > Reviews

Browse

Jan Berry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jan Berry "Book Woman" RSS Feed (Berrima NSW Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story (with Recipes)
My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story (with Recipes)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Berlin Kitchen, March 3, 2013
I transported myself to the cooking career of Luisa and fell in love with her life. Good luck to her and I wish her well.
Such a great read.

Below Stairs
Below Stairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Below Stairs, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Below Stairs (Kindle Edition)
This book was a fascinating read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The work ethic "below stairs" was quite admirable considering the wages and in some instances, the working conditions. A job in those days was considered a career, how sad that moral ethic has somewhat faded.

No Invitation Required: The Pelham Cottage Years
No Invitation Required: The Pelham Cottage Years
by Annabel Goldsmith
Price: $15.95
18 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Annabel Goldsmith's Bio, December 5, 2012
Ii am a biography tragic and I engrossed in this book. What a life! I would be sharing it too if I had lived such a life. Fascinating, sad and tragic in parts, outrageous at times but full to the brim with interest and excitement. She is a great writer with a fascinating background. Loved it.

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Two Old Fools?, December 5, 2012
I read a lot of this genre of book but found this one a little mundane. May be it was the subject matter. I finished it but found I was struggling. Maybe Spain is not my thing, as I have read dozens of the same type of book about couples moving to Italy and France. Sorry. Others may love it.

The French Dog
The French Dog
by Rachael Hale McKenna
Price: $19.50
76 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The French Dog., December 5, 2012
This review is from: The French Dog (Hardcover)
I adore this book. The photography is fantastic. As a mother of three dogs I have this book handy to pick up when I take time out. Very clever concept and a great gift for a dog lover.

The Jewel Garden: A Story of Despair and Redemption
The Jewel Garden: A Story of Despair and Redemption

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonderful Monty Don., December 5, 2012
What can I say? Monty Don is the gardener's guru. I watched his BBC gardeners world on TV and moaned that every episode was too short!! Now that I own his books I am in gardener's heaven even though I live in the opposite hemisphere. He is real. I feel is gardening is achievable for the non purist gardener like me. Every gardener should own his books. This one is a great read, full of information and ideas and keeps one heartened about things that can and do go wrong. A most enjoyable book.

The Curious Gardener
The Curious Gardener

4.0 out of 5 stars Curious, she is. Written for all gardeners., December 5, 2012
I so enjoyed this book. I found it comforting, funny, realistic and most enjoyable. I own Anna Pavord's Tulip book which is more a reference book but The Curious Gardener is, I feel, Anna Pavord, the real gardener. She does not pretend to know it all, she talks about her failures, her grubby pests and her joys and disappointments of being a gardener. I have recommended it to other gardener friends. I was sorry to finish it.

A Plane Tree in Provence
A Plane Tree in Provence
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Plane Tree in Provence, June 23, 2012
A great read. I found it hard to put down. The story rang bells with situations I had been in. I enjoyed the descriptions of
Provence and each of the characters with their quirky personalities. This would be a great book to read on a long plane trip.

Hazel: My Mother's Story
Hazel: My Mother's Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Hazel-My Mothers Story, March 10, 2012
This is a great book about a wonderful woman. Her daughter has written an intimate and true story about her mother's ups and downs and the way she coped with it, she has been a very strong woman through adversity but finds more positives than negatives. She has obviously been a terrific mother and friend to her children which is admirable. When I finished the book I felt uplifted in the way Susan and her mother have coped with Altzheimers and again with a positive attitude. A great read.

The Good Cook
The Good Cook
by Simon Hopkinson
52 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cook, December 1, 2011
This review is from: The Good Cook (Hardcover)
A book which emulates the TV series with great photographs. Well written and explained text. The recipes are very achievable for the home cook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3