Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for Donald M. Kowalewski > Reviews

Browse

Donald M. Kowale...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Donald M. Kowalewski "-Don" RSS Feed (Bloomfield Hills, MI United States)

iPhone SE Case, iPhone 5S Case, Shieldon® Genuine Leather Case [Wallet Series] Vintage Flip Book Style Cover with Stand Feature, ID Card Holder Slots, Magnetic Closure for iPhone SE/5S/5, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not proud of that) and this case gets in the way of that - AND THAT'S A GOOD THING! This is a beautiful case and wallet ..., January 5, 2016
Until last month, I carried an iPhone5 in my back left pocket and a wallet in my back right pocket. And money in my front right pocket. And keys in my front left pocket. Now, I carry this case, holding my iPhone and 4 essential cards in my back right pocket, freeing up my back left pocket entirely. Until last month, my right hand was starting to go numb from time to time because I do so much one-handed typing (often while driving ...I know, I know, I'm not proud of that) and this case gets in the way of that - AND THAT'S A GOOD THING! This is a beautiful case and wallet alternative. The leather, well, I was expecting it to be cheeeeeap and it's holding up quite nicely. I like that it stands on it's own while at my desk, and that it folds alllllllll the way back flat so, when NOT DRIVING, I can still two-hand text. And my hand hasn't gone numb in weeks. One final thing ...the guy who sits in the cube across from me is buying one because he's so impressed and thinks it makes me look sooooo classy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2016 5:21 PM PST

Sennheiser OCX 685i Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones - White
Sennheiser OCX 685i Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones - White
Offered by A Top Shelf
Price: $44.95
11 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I only wish they made a pair for my dog., January 5, 2016
My wife has noticed I'm generally more happy now that these have come into my life. I don't run or exercise, but I do like to walk the dog while enjoying quality audio. It took a little getting used to jamming the earbuds far enough into my ear canal to create a sound-seal (my own term) but now that I'm accustomed to the feeling and have gotten over my worry that I'm damaging my ear drums, my daily walks (sometimes twice daily when I'm feeling saucy) are divine. I only wish my dog could enjoy the walk as much as I do, but Sennheiser doesn't make a pair of these for canines. I have over-the-ear Sennheisers, and while those are superior to these, these In-Ear headphones don't have to apologize for the incredible sound. Do they cancel the noise? Ask the bus driver who had to swerve to avoid me and lay on his horn. That's a good and bad thing. Bad, because I should pay a little closer attention to my surroundings, but good because, um, yes, they are noise cancelling. Sometimes my wife will walk into a room and start talking to me for minutes at a time and only then realize I haven't heard a word she said because I'm wearing my In-Ear Sennheisers. And lastly, I searched and searched for a product like this because I wanted a better pair of headphones with microphone and volume control for making calls on my iPhone and people on the other end of the line all agree they can't tell I'm talking via an inline mic on a set of headphones. That, my friends, is probably the best part.

God Cries and An Angel Loses its Wings
God Cries and An Angel Loses its Wings
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, simple, and spot on!, March 25, 2014
You don't need a book the size of War and Peace. This book is brief and to the point - a single, vital, and important point. The lessons apply not only to a synagogue, but easily transfer to my Catholic Parish and all parishes, and seamlessly to the business world. It’s enlightened me to something very simple …while I’ve enjoyed success and do SOME of the right things SOME of the times, I need to learn to make them habit and do them ALL the time.

Power Principles for Success
Power Principles for Success
by Nick Nanton
Price: $19.99
32 used & new from $0.54

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has something for everyone!, July 29, 2010
If you think "7 habits" is good or knowing a single "secret" works, well how about 30+ habits and secrets and bits of wisdom. This book is fast paced, diverse, and keeps you on your toes. If you are bogged down or in a rut, give this book a read. Some advice is straight forward, while other contributors are a bit more philosophical. For me, the best chapter was about goal-setting and it was the most intense, in-depth How-To guide for making a list of goals and To-Do's that I've ever seen. Let me just say, I dog-eared, highlighted, and took notes on many many pages and I'll be going back to this book again.

Bushworld
Bushworld
by Maureen Dowd
13 used & new from $1.10

4.0 out of 5 stars A book worth picking up, June 18, 2008
This review is from: Bushworld (Paperback)
I read a very favorable review of this book at a site called [...] and it compelled me to go right out at lunch and pick it up. Only 25 pages into it, I can tell I'll be reading it well into the evening. [...]

The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
The Leadership Secrets of Colin Powell
by Oren Harari
173 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and inspiring, March 4, 2002
I've never been so inspired by an Amazon purchase that I felt compelled to write a review, but "Secrets" is my watershed moment.
As part of my never ending quest to become the best Director of Sales / Manager / Leader possible, I have read countless books paralleling military structure and business structure. For the most part, I digest the material and attempt to adapt it to my personal situation, relationships with my employees, and relationships with my customers. Most often, any direct quote or application is seemingly too obvious an adaption from some military procedure or code. "Secrets", however, was different.
Perhaps because it was written miuns direct contact with Colin Powell (can this *really* be true) that we get the perspective of Harari and his researchers on the relevancy, and not a direct military viewpoint. Perhaps. I can't imagine Harari enlisted the help of an Army platoon to write this book, but probably a young, talented MBA student with little real perspective on military life.
Either way, I earmarked and bookmarked numerous ideas that I'll apply to my work environment and I highly recommend this book to managers who want to be true leaders.