Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for Lynn > Reviews

Browse

Lynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1970
Top Reviewer Ranking: 322

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynn RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OEM Genuine 2016 Kia Optima All Weather Rubber Floor Mats Set (Complete Set)
OEM Genuine 2016 Kia Optima All Weather Rubber Floor Mats Set (Complete Set)
Offered by OEMKiaSuperStore
Price: $74.35
4 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit our 2016 Kia Optima SX L perfectly - mats are sleek looking, rubber, heavy duty, w/raised border, August 27, 2016
These fit our 2016 Kia Optima SX L perfectly.

You receive 4 mats, 2 for the front, 2 for the back. To use them, you need to remove the fabric mats that come with the car.
These mats have a slightly raised border which should keep messes, spills & melted snow contained on the mats, not under them.
They are heavy duty, yet the sleekest looking mats of this type we've owned.
The Optima logo is featured on the front mats in black.
Usually we try to get rubber mats 'thrown in' when we're purchasing a car but we forgot this time & had to buy them separately. The dealership was charging $74 for them, but we decided to purchase them online instead. We paid the same. I waited as long as I could for the price to come down, but hubby had to have the mats before the weather gets bad.
We're happy with the purchase.

Hormel Compleats Salisbury Steak with Sliced Potatoes & Gravy, 9-Ounce Microwavable Bowls (Pack of 6)
Price: $14.22
10 used & new from $14.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes okay, not something I want to eat on a regular basis, August 27, 2016
I thought I'd give these a try. I wanted something that would be easy to pack for a quick lunch.

Well, they are easy to pack for a quick lunch, but the taste is simply okay. Not something I want to eat on a regular basis. As a matter of, I've been burping it up which is unusual for me.
The meat patty is large & there's enough sliced potatoes and gravy for me. The textures are okay, nothing was mushy.
Adding some vegetables or a salad would make this meal more complete.

The meal contains 25% of the daily requirement of protein, & 35% of the daily requirement of sodium,

Mendamine Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM and More Joint Pain Relief Supplement To Reduce Inflammation and Support Cartilage Growth
Offered by Dr. Formulas (Formerly BioProsper)
Price: $27.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working; Take 3 a day for mild pain; work up to 6 a day for more pain control, August 27, 2016
So far, so good. I took Trigosamine for years - it became more & more difficult to find. I know there were changes with the company during some of those years. I ran out of my stockpile & have been searching for a replacement since.
This product, Mendamine Glucosamine Chondroiton MSM and More contains many of the same ingredients as Trigosamine, plus has a few more. I'm not sure which ingredients help, but have used glucosamine/chondroiton supplements in the past which were not effective. I need more than those two ingredients. Other name brand products don't help much either.
I thought I found a replacement with Osteo Bi-Flex Ease, but, for me, it wasn't as quite effective as Trigosamine.
This Medamine product works just as well as Trigosamine for me & I am happy with the results...so far, anyway.

(Through the years, my internet searches for Trigosamine yielded very little information...well, not the info I was looking for. My latest search yielded a blurb about Trigosamine not containing all the ingredients that were on its label which caused me to wonder if the new manufacturer began leaving some out. Not having any way of knowing one way or the other, it might be the reason I can't find the product anymore. Maybe it got pulled.)

I have arthritis in my knee & fingers. So far Mendamine is helping both issues.
If your pain is mild, it's suggested to take 3 capsules a day & increase up to 6 a day for more pain.
My knee is better - going up/down stairs is easier again. I still don't go up/down quickly & I still hold the railing, but everything is improving.
I've been averaging about 4 tablets/day. Two in the morning, 1 in the afternoon & 1 at bedtime.
I've only been using this for about a week & began showing improvement almost immediately. I'm not sure why, I took Trigosamine for about 5 months before noticing improvement. Maybe this worked more quickly for me because I just ran out of Trigosamine about 2 weeks ago.
From past experience with a similar product, I know that I must continue taking this supplement...long term. Whenever, I run out, my knee gets painful.
Also, from past experience with a similar product, I should be able to reduce the amount of tablets I take daily. I'm hoping to get down to 2 a day.

I rated this at 4 stars & will update my review if my experience changes.

By the way, I purchased this product in the smaller size & later added the larger size to my Subscribe & Save subscriptions. At the time I purchased it, I didn't realize that many reviewers received the product for reviewing purposes.

Manufactured by BioProsper Labs

Mepra Brescia 5 Piece Place Setting, Stainless Steel
Mepra Brescia 5 Piece Place Setting, Stainless Steel
Price: $16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars 18/10 Stainless Steel - Excellent quality - Sharp fork tines & Sharp, serrated knife - Coffee spoon=what I call a teaspoon, August 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Almost 50 years ago, we were gifted with an excellent quality 18/10 stainless steel flatware service for 8 (knives, tablespoons, spoons, extra spoons, salad forks & forks). Our set still looks like new & has been used almost every day of those 49 years (we didn't take it on vacations). Approx 25 yrs of the 49 they've been washed in a dishwasher. (If you're wondering, it is a Sears set, excellent quality)

Comparing the Mepra Brescia set to our 49 yo set:
Obviously the Mepra set is a single 5 pc place setting for one person; our 49 yo has 8 place settings +.
Both are 18/10 stainless steel & shiny.
Table knife - both have serrated edges...but...Mepra's table knife is sharp enough to cut meat.
Forks - Mepra's forks have sharper tines, making it easier to stab salad pieces
Spoons - Mepra's table spoon & coffee spoons are slightly wider & a bit longer
Mepra's pieces are thicker, slightly longer & slightly heavier
Mepra Brescia handles are twice as wide
Mepra Brescia is a classic/simple design. Our 49 yo set can still be considered a modern design.

I was confused by Mepra's term 'coffee spoon'. Well, after receiving the place setting, their coffee spoon is what I call a teaspoon.

As much as I love our old set, I decided to try the Mepra Brescia single person place setting because a family member has trouble picking up/stabbing salad, etc & problems cutting some of his food. The Brescia set contains a sharp knife suitable for cutting through meat, etc., and forks with sharper tines. Although the handles on our 49 yo set are not hard to hold, having the extra width of the Brescia set will also benefit him.

There is no doubt in my mind that this 5 piece place setting will be just as durable as our 49 yo set. I guess I better alert my kids because none of them have flatware as nice as ours.

Mepra's manufacturing process is eco friendly & does not pollute.
Made in Italy

GUM Soft-Picks Advanced 60 ea (Pack of 6)
GUM Soft-Picks Advanced 60 ea (Pack of 6)
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $31.60
3 used & new from $29.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Curved, Flexible, easy to hold & use. Each pack of 60 comes with a storage case ... Does not contain latex/rubber, August 25, 2016
I really, really like these. The older I get, the more food gets stuck between my teeth. I have no idea what's up with that, but it is frustrating. I floss with dental picks, but still managed to start developing a small gum pocket in my back molars. My dental hygienist gave me a sample of these to try & they do a wonderful job of pushing out trapped food between my teeth & gum line. Using these a couple times a day or whenever food gets stuck, and flossing with picks and using a water flosser, I managed to get rid of those nasty pockets.
Along with GUM Soft-Picks Advanced, I use these water flossers:
>>Jumbl™ Rechargeable Oral Irrigator & High Capacity Water Flosser Featuring 3 Operating Modes - Includes 2 Interchangeable Precision Nozzles, Mini Funnel for Water Filling & Rubber Water Plug for Charging Pins - White
>>Waterpik WP-950 Complete Care 7.0 Water Flosser and Sonic Tooth Brush
and these picks
>>Comfort Clean® Back Teeth Floss Picks 75-Count (Pack of 6)

The tips of the GUM Soft-PIcks are 3/4" long, have small flexible bristles & a slight curve. The pick itself is long enough that I have no problems holding on to it. The entire pick is a soft, flexible plastic...it never hurts when I use it & I never force it between my teeth that aren't far enough apart to use it.
These are safe to use with orthodontics, implants, bridges & crowns.
Each package of 60 comes with a storage case which holds 12 picks.
The picks are not made with natural rubber latex.

In case you're wondering, I purchased a pack of 60 at my supermarket for $4.99. Amazon's price is slightly higher, but I find it more convenient buying them in bulk from Amazon.

OAE Art (006) Flashcard Study System: OAE Test Practice Questions & Exam Review for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (Cards)
by OAE Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
Edition: Cards
Price: $62.99
15 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars OAE Art Flashcards .. Yes, they helped, August 25, 2016
These flashcards were purchased to help study for a teaching certificate. Ohio required a family member to take art courses so he could teach various subjects which include photography, 3D imaging, video & more. None of the classes he teaches is an art class. He spent two years taking evening classes & wasn't able to work some classes into his schedule because they were taught during his work hours.
These flash cards covered information in the classes he took and some of the classes he was unable to take.
Because the flash cards covered those subjects (he was unable to take), he was able to study the information on the cards & do additional research.

His reply to me when I asked if these cards helped him with the test & if any of the information on the cards was included on the test....
>>He told me the cards covered some subject matter that was on the test and also, that the depth of information included on the cards made him realize how thoroughly he needed to study.
A letter included with the flash cards mentioned something about additional help on the website. However, he did not visit the website to check out that info.
>>He said some of the test's questions involved searching for symbols & the purpose of symbols in the artwork. Questions also covered a vast knowledge of all art content such as: wooden construction, ceramics, sculpture, paintings, abstract & architecture.

So, did the cards help him?
Was this information on the test?
>>Some subjects from the cards were on the test.
In what other ways did the cards help?
>>The cards covered so much information he knew that he needed to do in depth studying for the test.
A letter included with the flash cards mentioned something about additional help on the website. Did he check out that info?
Did he pass the test?
>>Yes, on his first try.
Is he glad he studied these cards?
Did he study any other purchased material in addition to these cards?
>>Yes, an OAE study guide.

Click & Grow Indoor Smart Herb Garden with 3 Basil Cartridges and Kiwi-Green lid
Price: $59.95
8 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up - My Basil began sprouting 24 hours after setup - Adjustable lamp height - Click&Grow App isn't totally functional, August 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Click & Grow Herb Garden was incredibly easy to set up.
You do not need to find a place in the sun for the garden. The LED lights are all that's needed.
This garden has a small footprint, about 12" long x 4 7/8" wide x 11 1/2 - 14" high.
The lamp height is adjustable from the lowest - 6" to the highest - 8 1/2" - from the garden. There are 3 positions

Install the capsules which have a marker so you can label the plants; top the capsules with the clear plastic domes (remove these when seedlings reach the top).
Add water so the rectangular float on the side is is level with the top/tray of the garden.
Plug it in. The light will cycle 18 hours on/6 hours off. If you don't want it to shine in the evening, you will need to plug it in the morning. In our case, there is always someone roaming around at night & we welcome the extra lighting.

My herb garden was planted the evening of 8/23 and I saw seedlings beginning to pop up the evening of the 24th. Today, the 25th, they're a little taller and still coming out of their seed. This is very promising....however....I see tiny white threads on the soil of one plant.
Does this mean the white mold is growing? I think it might. I've read that some gardeners have had issues with white mold.
I'll continue to update as my basil grows.

Click & Grow has several types of capsules for purchase.
If you would like to plant your own seeds, search for 'Click and Grow Experimental Refills' on Amazon or visit the Click & Grow website.

Click & Grow App
The Click & Grow app is not overly functional. I was able to set up my garden, but most of the other functions of the app don't work for me.
I was able to add a photo to the gallery and there is a watering notification which I was able to set (I'll need to wait a few days to see if I receive the notification)
There is a 'History' Archive function which is used to record past plants/gardens.
When I tap 'Tips and Tricks' I get a blank screen.
When I check my individual plants, I get the error 'Unfortunately Click & Grow has stopped' with the option to report the error.
Until the app is fully functional, I'm not sure how helpful it will be.

12 Month Warranty
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2016 12:27 AM PDT

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver White Cubic Zirconia Cuff Hoop Earrings
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver White Cubic Zirconia Cuff Hoop Earrings
Price: $10.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Dainty - You don't need pierced ears to wear these - Long hair will probably catch on the earrings & pull them off, August 24, 2016
These are really cute & dainty. I love the sparkle of the delicate CZ's too. You don't need pierced ears to wear them.

I've always wanted to try earring cuffs so when the price went down about $3, I decided to try them.
Unfortunately, they don't fit my ears. I have smaller ears and the cuffs slip down. I tried squeezing the ends together (like those adjustable rings I wore when I was a kid), but they just don't fit my ears & slip & turn in all directions and eventually slide down my ear.
Also, my behind-the-ear hearing aids get in the way of the earrings.
I'm disappointed that they don't fit me.

I'm going to give these to my daughter, but she has long hair - I think the earrings will catch in her hair & will be lost the first time she wears them.

Able Life Universal Standing Assist Handle - Red, Two Handed, Elderly Independent Living and Standing Aid
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps caregiver pull someone to feet from sitting position. Person should be strong enough to push up w/legs & hold onto handle, August 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is a physical therapist assistant & taught me how to help a person up by putting my hand under their arm. I can't describe the process but have used it a few times to help my hubby up when he's fallen. I'm usually concerned that I will grasp his arm to hard & bruise him, but he has never been bruised or complained about me grasping too tightly.
The Able Life Universal Standing Assist Handle won't help me if he's fallen, but it does help if he needs help standing from a sitting position. I find it slightly easier to use than putting my hand under his arm, but then again, I might have to retrieve the handle from another room.

The Assist Handle helps the caregiver...if the person is in a sitting position & if the person is strong enough to push up with his legs, has some strength in their arms & is able to hold onto the handle.
Using the handle requires less effort for the caregiver than pulling with hands or assisting by grasping under the arm.
The handle is easy to grasp & has a textured, non-slip surface.

SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB 3.0 OTG Flash Drive with micro USB connector For Android Mobile Devices- SDDD2-032G-G46
Offered by MemoryWhiz
Price: $10.51
76 used & new from $5.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Using with Republic Wireless Moto G 1st gen phone. Memory Zone App did not work for me; I'm using ZenUI file mgr instead, August 23, 2016
I am using the SanDisk Ultra with my Republic Wireless Moto G 1st Gen, Android vers. 5.1, Lollipop.

I was ready to give this OTG drive a low rating.
There is no file manager on my phone so I thought using the Sandisk Memory Zone app (recommended by SanDisk) would be the easiest app to use. Well, I was wrong. The app doesn't have enough instructions for me to even begin to know how to use it & when I wanted to transfer files to the SanDisk Ultra, the SanDisk Memory Zone app directed me to Optimem which did not recognize the SanDisk Ultra Flash Drive.
I continually received a 'No SD card' error. This was very confusing to me, my phone was showing the flash drive, but the app couldn't 'see' it.
I am not 'tech savvy, but, I eventually figure things out & know enough that family members ask me for help. After spending 2+ hours trying to figure out if I was making an error, I tried ES Explorer File Manager, it wasn't much better & had lots of pop up ads.
I am now using ZenUI ASUS File Manager which has decent instructions & allowed me to transfer files from my phone to the flash drive. It even allowed me to create new folders.

I am going to have to buy an OTG adapter cable because the SanDisk Ultra doesn't fit in the micro USB port when my phone case is on. I think the flash drive could've been designed so an extra cable wasn't necessary.

Now that I can save files to the flash drive, it is working okay for me.
I copied videos to it instead of moving them. I wanted to be sure that none of my videos got deleted or messed up. When I'm confident the flash drive will save my files & the files can be read on other devices, I'll delete the files from my phone.
I watched the videos on my phone from the flash drive & all of them froze at different points. I don't know why...speed? storage issues on my phone? When I watched the videos on my laptop, nothing froze.

I'm rating this OTG flash drive 4 stars...because the SanDisk Memory Zone App did not work for me & SanDisk recommended it for their flash drive...and t need to buy a cable because I have to take my phone case off to use the flash drive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20