Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for E. Morgan > Reviews

Browse

E. Morgan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Morgan "Nature Mama" RSS Feed (Southern California)

1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
by Robin Robertson
Price: $23.33
97 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars This cookbook is the real deal!, February 12, 2010
Wow, this is the most comprehensive vegan cookbook I have seen! It covers everything - 1,000 delicious, easy to prepare recipes, notes and tips, recipes specifically marked "f" for fast, and even an introduction to each chapter.

There are basic recipes like broths, wraps, three bean chili, etc ~ to more exotic (though not harder to prepare!) recipes like quinoa and chickpea pilaf with orange and pistachios, black bean and walnut croquettes, or pumpkin ravioli with peas and caramelized shallots.

There are extensive main dish recipes including tempeh and seitan recipes, and while I don't personally care for these ingredients, I could easily make them with tofu or beans.

And don't get me started on the desserts! So many goodies there I can't wait to try!!!

There are also recipes for vegan mayo, feta cheese, sour cream, etc.. this book has it all!

Supermarket Vegan: 225 Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes for Real People in the Real World
by Donna Klein
Price: $11.60
141 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got this one!!, February 12, 2010
I have been interested in health and eating whole foods for years, but just recently decided to go mostly vegan. I ordered a few cookbooks and was disappointed with the exotic ingredients they required..and was overall not very enticed by many of the recipes. I had this book on my wish list and decided to go ahead and order it, and I am SO GLAD I did!!!! I practically read the book front to back and literally want to try all the recipes!! My mouth was watering just reading them!!

Things I love about the book/recipes:
-Recipes are simple, yet creative and appealing
-Nutrition information is provided for every recipe
-Ingredients are every day food I know how to use
-Spices will help me branch out into other food flavors that I love to eat but have never cooked
-99% of recipes are easy and quick to put together with convenient suggestions for items like canned beans, however if you prefer to make your own beans you certainly can!
-Light on soy products like tempeh and seitan, and there is not a feeling of trying to recreate meat..but rather of just making delicious meals that don't need to look or act like meat!

There are also conversion charts and a helpful index.

I love this cookbook!! I am off to make my shopping list now...happy eating!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 8:16 AM PST