Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for D@rkFX > Reviews

Browse

D@rkFX's Profile

Customer Reviews: 179

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D@rkFX RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Timewheel TWJAXW1 Jaxa Type Watch Case Back Opener Wrench for Waterproof Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Seiko wristwatch, July 6, 2016
Bought this tool to open up my Seiko wristwatch and replace the battery. Whole process took less than 5 minutes without even reading instructions, very intuitive process. I'd highly recommend this product.

Doom - PlayStation 4
Doom - PlayStation 4
Price: $37.80
144 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As close as it gets to Doom 1, May 19, 2016
This review is from: Doom - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
Been playing doom and all its variations since it came out in the 90s and I've been longing for something similar since Doom 3 came out which felt short my expectations. I still think that Doom 1 is the best Doom ever created, but this one gets as close to it in terms of atmosphere and pacing. The soundtrack is pretty bad-ass and makes you beg for more even as the game gets progressively harder.
I'm not going to continue with the ramble any further, it all boils down to this: if you liked Doom 1 go pick this up, if you liked Doom 3 more than Doom 1 then look elsewhere because this ain't your Call of Duty type game. A word of caution, if you're thinking of getting this for the PC in physical format, don't! (just read the negative reviews before jumping the gun)

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH New 2 Channel 16 GB-Car Black Box/Car Dvr Recorder-Built-In Wi-Fi, 64 gb
Price: $350.68
4 used & new from $298.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two, no regrets, May 18, 2016
Coming from a GoPro 3 white edition to the BlackVlue DR650GW I can attest the practicality of a dedicated dashcam. Not having to start it every single time, or to empty the sd card when the space runs low (the overwrite option on the GoPro doesn't work), or not to remember to recharge the battery is a very big plus - as a bonus, having a rear facing camera offers an additional peace of mind.
The installation is pretty straight-forward and doesn't take more than 30-40 min if you have some trim tools handy. Setup is also idiot-proof and the black vue c iphone app works good enough. I have not tested the cloud feature nor have I hooked it up to a magicbox/fusebox which I don't need at the moment. They say the magicbox prevents the camera from shutting down when the car's start/stop system kicks in, but this wasn't the case on my bmw 435i or on my wife's 328i.
I cannot vouch for the ruggedness/heat resistance yet but I don't think this will be a problem since it won't be in use while the car is stationary. (the housing gets pretty hot though on a sunny day in the 70-ish range)
Now, the reason this doesn't get five stars is the horrendous video quality of the rear camera, you can hardy make out license plates, not even when they are close enough - the front camera is reasonable good, at least as good as my previous gopro if not better.

I think that investing in a 2-ch system makes sense these days when drivers are so distracted by things they shouldn't be doing when behind a wheel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2016 6:04 PM PDT

Gendered Worlds
Gendered Worlds
by Judy Root Aulette
Price: $75.95
88 used & new from $40.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally charged content for the radical feminism initiate, May 14, 2016
This review is from: Gendered Worlds (Paperback)
By definition, feminism is a movement that allegedly fights for equal rights for both women and men, this book does little to support that however. The (female) authors do little in terms of presenting their personal solutions on world's issues on inequalities and supporting egalitarian approaches. Instead they go on and on portraying the white male as the ultimate cause for world's problems while pushing an agenda of political correctness and role reversals (their view on so called EQUALITY) through skillfully crafted and emotionally charged messages, most often paraphrasing and quoting other sources, which for the most part are women. You see, in their view men are reduced to no more than illiterate cavemen who beat their wives, abuse their children, sexually harass female coworkers and bully everyone who are non-heterosexuals).
The biggest hypocrisy with the feminist movement is that that it wants to stand for EGALITARIAN goals while calling itself FEMinism - dare to call it "MENinism" and they'll nail you to a cross and call you a (hetero)sexist.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD)
DVD ~ Harrison Ford
Price: $24.96
37 used & new from $24.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Abrupt ending and predictable, April 17, 2016
Unmemorable characters, so-so acting, predictable plot and abrupt ending should sum it up, if it weren't for the special effects... I don't know..
I'm glad I waited for it to come out on blu-ray and didn't pay (double) to watch it in the cinema. And the guy at the end was probably paid a truck load of money for a 30 sec appearance with no dialogue.

Panda Wireless Combo (Wifi+Bluetooth) - Raspbian "wheezy" and OpenELEC compatible
Offered by Panther One
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $8.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails to connect to my wireless router, March 3, 2016
I bought this to connect my Raspberry Pi to my wireless network - while the card sees lots of wireless networks (my router included), it fails to connect, the bluetooth dongle works though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 11:44 AM PDT

Fallout 4 - PlayStation 4
Fallout 4 - PlayStation 4
Price: $29.88
239 used & new from $18.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Great graphics, but too repetitive, December 8, 2015
I remember the day Fallout 3 came out, it was such a revolutionary game, you had VATS, a huge wasteland to explore and intriguing quests to pursue. Now, granted this installment has contemporary graphics, it feels too repetitive and reminds me too much of Destiny. I've played it for 10 hours and found myself doing the same thing over and over and over. Also, it also the open world appears to be a lot smaller than Fallout 3 for some reason. I'd have to wait for more content expansions until I revisit my feedback.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2015 8:17 AM PST

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Case Sleeve, also fit Surface PRO 3 / Surface 3, ProCase Wallet Sleeve Case for Surface PRO 4 / 3 Tablet Computer, Compatible with Surface Type Cover Keyboard (Black)
Offered by Tech Vendor
Price: $15.99
7 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Surface PRO 3 with keyboard cover, December 8, 2015
I'm very pleased with the fit and quality of this case, it works very well for my SP3 with the keyboard cover attached, just don't expect it to protect your equipment against damage from drops - this is not what this case was intended for.

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) SODIMM 1.35V/1.5V 204-Pin Memory for Mac - CT2K8G3S160BM
Price: $59.59
167 used & new from $54.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in mid-2012 13" MPB, December 8, 2015
I bought this memory kit to upgrade my mid-2012 MBP from stock 4GB RAM, a very cost effective alternative to upgrading directly from Apple. Installation was easy, just pop up the back screws, remove cover and memory modules (providing your don't have the retina models which come with memory soldered onto the motherboard). There was also no need to reset the SMC or anything else, the modules were instantly recognized - a great investment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2015 6:30 AM PST

Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Price: $156.24
153 used & new from $139.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid no-frills SSD from Samsung, December 8, 2015
I'm an enthusiast who's been purchasing Intel SSDs ever since they came out, this time around I went for Samsung because the 730 series from Intel would have run too hot in my MacBook Pro. I've had this drive for almost a week and I'm very pleased with its performance and operation, just don't judge the product by its packaging, it's very unexciting but you have to give Samsung credit where it's due, the price/value ratio!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18