Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Nymphrat" RSS Feed

Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 340 2-Burner Gas Grill
Price: $338.37
7 used & new from $1.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Grease fire hazard, January 18, 2016
I got the model with the large pan and the wide grill bars with the flame logo on them. My first time using this was for a party, so we cooked about 15 pork kebabs, 8 burgers, and 20 dogs. The grease pooled up in the pan to about an inch deep. The next morning, I fired up the grill to warm up some of the leftovers and the once the grease melted, something caused it to catch on fire... huge grease fire with flames shoot up about 3 feet. Even after closing the lid flames were shooting up out of the back of the grill. I had to dump a bag of flour on it... huge mess.

Pros:
- Cooks well, even heat
- Heats up quick

Cons:
- Could burn down your house
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 12:25 PM PST

New Grains Gluten Free Sweet Brown Rice Flour (5 lbs)
New Grains Gluten Free Sweet Brown Rice Flour (5 lbs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 10, 2015
Shipping was fast and it comes with complementary cookies fresh from the bakery!

Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box, Blue
Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box, Blue
Offered by SKUniverse
Price: $17.99
9 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 27, 2015
It's a perfect size. High quality brand and really nice color.

Bentgo Kids - Leakproof Children's Lunch Box (Purple)
Bentgo Kids - Leakproof Children's Lunch Box (Purple)
Offered by Accessorize
Price: $27.99
8 used & new from $23.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunch box, May 13, 2015
Great lunch box! I have 2 of them, purple and blue and it's a heavy duty lunch box. Perfect size and meal prep is just as easy! My kids are excited every time I prepare their meal.

1/4ct Pave Style Diamond Hoop Earrings In Sterling Silver, Hidden Snap Backs
1/4ct Pave Style Diamond Hoop Earrings In Sterling Silver, Hidden Snap Backs

2.0 out of 5 stars If only they had some sparkle., December 24, 2014
I agree with the other bad reviews. The diamonds are very cloudy and don't sparkle well. I'm giving it 2 starts (rather 1) because at $40 these are reasonably priced compared to similar items in department stores.

Merrell Men's Bare Access 3 Running Shoe,Castle Rock/Grey,10 M US
Merrell Men's Bare Access 3 Running Shoe,Castle Rock/Grey,10 M US
Offered by dearwhatyouwant

2.0 out of 5 stars Bare Access #3 - Too skinny, September 15, 2014
I've been a Merrell Bare Access fan from the beginning. I went through 2 pairs of the #1, then 1 pair of the #2, and this is my first pair of the #3. Merrell keeps making minor changes, and with this version they made the shoes much too thin for me. I do typically wear wide shoes and both the #1 and the #2 fit well, but these ones are so tight that I'm losing circulation and my toes start to tingle. I've put about 10 miles on them so far, plus a couple hours on the elliptical. I'm going to give them another week and if things do not loosen up, I'll have to try another shoe.

Merrell... you missed the mark with the recent change.

Merrell Men's Barefoot Bare Access
Merrell Men's Barefoot Bare Access

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, February 22, 2012
The good - These are VERY comfy shoes. They're my first Merrell shoes for barefoot(ish) running. I've been running in the 5-Fingers for about 4 years now, but I injured my foot on a distance run in them, so now they're only good for training on the treadmill. Since the injury, I still run forefoot, but I use standard running shoes because I need the extra support. These Merrells have just enough cushn' for the pushn' to keep my foot from hurting while running. I'm not sure I'll take them on anything longer than 5 or 6 miles, but time will tell. I have really wide feet (4E) and they're plenty wide/stretchy enough for comfort. My wife has a pair too, and they're still comfy for her little skinny feet. We both ordered them online and our standard sizes fit perfect.

The possibly not so good - as you can see from the picture (on the Merrell website), the bottoms are these are made from two different types of material. The Vibram sections are placed under the heel and balls. The Vibram sections offer good grip and look pretty durable. The rest of the bottom seems to be made of cushn' for pushn' material. I'm not sure how durable/lasting this material will be. It could turn out to be great and long lasting, but it just doesn't seem like they will. Again, time will tell.

The bad - I've used these shoes for doing Insanity (calisthenics) on a tile floor. Once the floor became a little wet with my man sweat, the cushiony material on the bottom became really slippery. The Vibram sections had no issues maintaining good grip, but if I had to do a maneuver that required me to be on my toes (the cushy material), I lost all confidence in my ability to stay on my feet.... It was slick!

Overall - My wife and I don't regret the purchase, and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants a barefoot(ish) running shoe, but doesn't want to go true minimalist. I'd also recommend them to anyone who just wants a sporty looking, super comfy, low profile shoe for walking around. I got the Ash and my wife the Black, and we both love the look of them.

*** Update 12 Aug 12****

I've put A LOT of miles on these now, and I really do love them. The cushy part of the soles do have wear, but I wouldn't call it excessive, but maybe more than average. The vibram part of the soles are holding up great.

I've given up using them for any athletic exercise besides running. In all fairness to Merrell, that is what they're designed for. I (my wife) washed them in a standard American machine last week, and let them air dry, and besides the wear, they cleaned up good as new.

I'm changing my rating from 4 to 5 stars. Merrell puts theses on the market as near-minimalist road running shoes... for that, they're pretty perfect.

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones - Wired
Price: $96.99
120 used & new from $74.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, July 13, 2011
After reading all other reviews, and purchasing the Audio Technicas I'd like to sum it all up for everyone.

If $300 isn't a big deal to you, buy the Bose. It's your money, and they are better. They should be for twice the price, but they aren't 2ce as good... not by a long shot. The Audio Techica phones are pretty close to the Bose in all aspects.

The Audio Technica phones are amazing for the price. The sound quality is great, the noise cancellation is great, they're comfy (even on my big head), and compared to the Bose, the price is great.

I work in a server room with hundreds of little computer fans going all the time. Makes for a long day when I get a headache. Wearing these with the noise cancellation on and no music, I can still kinda hear the fans, but just barely. With the noise cancellation and music going at a low level the fan noise is all but gone, but I can hear a little during soft parts of songs.

I'd recommend go your local electronics store and trying out as many headphones as they'll let you. I tried the top 2 Bose phones, and a few other high dollar ones. The Audio Technica's are on par with the rest of them for someone shopping on a budget... well, if you consider $150 for headphones proper budgeting.

One thing I'd like to clarify that I didn't fully understand from the other reviews. Yes, the Audio Technica phones do work without turning on the noise cancellation. DO NOT let this option sway your decision. When the noise cancellation is turned off, the sound is horrible, very horrible. I keep an extra AAA battery in the fancy case. I'd rather use my $10 ear buds than the Audio Technica phones with a dead battery.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 2.3 Gallon output per day
Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 2.3 Gallon output per day
Offered by etailz
Price: Click here to see our price
35 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, one small flaw, April 26, 2011
All the other positive reviews on this product are accurate, so I'll just add what I didn't see in the other posts.

The way this thing works is that the water tank just sits on top of the base with nothing but gravity holding it down. There's a little screw cap at the bottom of the base of the tank you unscrew to filler up. When you screw it back on, you can turn it over and it doesn't leak. In the middle of the cap is a spring loaded screw thingy with some water tight plastic on the inside to keep it from leaking. When you set the tank on the base the screw thingy pushes in and lets water drain into the base.

The primary issue I have is when the base needs more water and the air sucks up into the tank, it's pretty loud gulp sound... like a culligan water dispenser. It can be rather distracting when you're on the verge of falling asleep.

I got 2 of these bad boys and I keep them both running 24/7 about 3/4 setting. The electric motor (or whatever makes it tick) is very quiet... I really can't hear anything coming from it. The one in our master bedroom keeps the air nice and moist, and I really feel a difference. We have one in our somewhat large living area (approx 30' x 15'). I don't see much difference in there, but I don't have any way to measure humidity other than "oh, feels humid in here".

Also, as other reviewers mentioned. I wouldn't put this on the floor. It needs a little elevation. I could see it moistening the foor. I have both mine up at least 3 feet. The higher the better.

I'd read the directions for care and to solve the common sense issues that other's have had. Makes since to me that when you switch it on, the little light comes on and doesn't go off till you switch it off. I've forgotten to switch it off when refilling... no big deal, kept running fine.

The mist is nice and cool, and I'd recommend it to anyone. If you have a large space, you might need 2.

Page: 1 | 2