Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for AlyciainTX > Reviews

Browse

AlyciainTX's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlyciainTX RSS Feed

Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book in the Old Fools series!, July 29, 2014
This is the fourth book in the Old Fools series and, yet again, Victoria Twead manages to write another brilliant book. Where many would go mad with the nuances involved with moving to another country, Victoria is able to show us all how to appreciate the smaller things involved. The villagers are all well written and their everyday lives are a joy to read about.

Again, another hit by an incredible author. :)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Please let these be a joke, February 20, 2013
Somebody please tell me this is an SNL parody. Shoes called Daddy's Money Gimme. Because this is what we want to market to our daughters?!?!?

1.50 Carat (ctw) 14k White Gold Round Diamond Ladies Bridal Ring Engagement Set with Matching Band

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly beautiful...but the diamond fell out, January 22, 2012
After looking at rings for a month, I kept coming back to this one. I love the antique feel to the set, the stones were beautiful, so I finally bought it for myself as a Christmas present from my husband. ;)

Anyways, I got the ring in the mail a week and a half later with no certification, just the ring in the box. I took it to a jeweler to make sure the ring was real, and it was, but there was no paperwork that came with the ring, no warranty, no certification or anything. I had the ring for a week when the diamond on the wedding band fell out. Luckily I was able to find it, but the jeweler said he could not fix it without damaging other parts of the ring. I had to send it back, but they could not offer me a replacement, just a refund.

I would have loved to give this 5 stars, because it is an amazing ring, but since it was defective, I had to give it one. I'm still very upset about it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 8:43 AM PST

Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointing, November 23, 2011
I was really disappointed with this book. After my aunt persuaded me to read the first book in the series last year, I fell in love! I usually enjoy all the craziness Stephanie gets into, but this is getting old. The Morelli/Ranger/Stephanie love triangle has been played out waaaaay to long over the last 6 or 7 books, and we had no details about anything that happened in Hawaii except for half a paragraph. Stephanie used to be able to fumble her way through captures and it was fun to read, but now she just relies on Ranger and Morelli. I liked Lula before, but only as a SIDE character. It just seems like JE is churning out books, and it seems as if she has lost the IT factor the books had earlier.

I'm hoping to come to Amazon.com next week and see an update saying that JE forgot to attach the last 10 chapters to the book, so here's the rest of the story.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 5:09 AM PST

Baby Jogger 2011 City Mini Single Stroller, Orange/Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stroller, July 22, 2011
When we found out we were moving to Europe, I wanted a stylish, lightweight stroller that would be able to withstand the abuse we were about to put it through. The streets here are rough, the roads are narrow, and since my two year old likes to bolt any chance he gets, he was going to spend a lot of time in whatever stroller we bought.

It is lightweight. It folds easily. It is narrow enough to navigate the sidewalks and shops here. The shade is HUGE, and other than the flat fold, that is the greatest selling point. We love it.

There are three things that I do want to point out. It does not come with a cup holder, but we bought a cup holder that is soft sided that works perfectly for $10 on amazon.

When you are folding the stroller, the front wheel has to be facing forward or it will not fold flat. Most of the time, it works itself out, but as long as you keep it oiled with WD-40, it shouldn't get caught.

Lastly, and most important, it is a three wheeled stroller, so it makes the base more narrow, and slightly less stable than a 4 wheeled stroller. If your child is heavy and is leaning out of the side of the stroller to grab something he dropped, the stroller will tip. We found that out the hard way. It was completely our fault, but anybody who is using this for a toddler needs to be aware that this can be a problem.

Other than those three things, this is an excellent stroller, and we enjoy using it.

A Stolen Life: A Memoir
A Stolen Life: A Memoir
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrible ordeal, beautifully written, July 22, 2011
I went back and forth on reading this book for a week. I knew from the news stories that Jaycee was kept as a "sex slave" for 18 years and I honestly didn't want to read in graphic detail what happened to her. Details like that are really hard for me to hear about. That being said, all the other reviews talk about how her spirit and the hope she keeps alive really makes this book worth reading. I completely agree.

Not to diminish her experience, and the details were brutal and graphic, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am not saying the rapes were not horrible, I am saying that the whole book was not one detail filled account after another. I only bring this up to let others know this book is worth reading.

Jaycee is a survivor, she is inspirational, and her story needs to be heard.

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, July 19, 2011
I loved this book. It was light, funny, and the author really captured the quirks and mishaps that come with moving to a foreign country.

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just enough, April 15, 2011
I loved the new book!! I wish there could have been more information that could not have been found by reading some of Meyer's old interviews, but I loved the back stories, especially Victoria's and Alice's.