Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Profile for A. Nonimowse. > Reviews

Browse

A. Nonimowse.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Nonimowse. "bomber214" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
For Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE Color Graphing Calculator Screen Protector 84 PLUS CE Screen Protection
Offered by 4 best stuff
Price: $8.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to install, bizarre adhesive, waste of money, April 12, 2016
This is the worst designed screen protector I have ever used. True, it fits VERY exactly to this screen, but that makes it very difficult to install. Beyond that, it has a strange wet-install procedure with an adhesive back. You have to peel it out of a one-sided backing which is basically impossible to do without leaving some kind of fingerprint on the edge. Then, even when the bizarre procedure is followed, the protector shows every imperfection and blocks the screen. I do not mean the "fogging" that the instructions talk about, I mean any little ripple or bubble. With the adhesive, the bubbles are impossible to push out with their supplied card. In fact, the adhesive is so strong that the bubble will crease when you try to roll it out and that crease will show up.

Buy another product. I wish I had.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2016 6:10 AM PDT

Guerrilla Military Grade Screen Protector 2-Pack For TI Nspire CX & CX CAS Graphing Calculator
Price: $11.99
22 used & new from $8.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Required trimming to fit the TI-Nspire CX., March 14, 2016
This screen protector did not fit my TI-Nspire CX without having to be trimmed. Other than that, the screen protector seems to be fine. It applied with minimal issue and did not have any significant air bubble issues. The material seems sturdy and does not seem to show fingerprints too much or scuff too easily. All in all, not a bad product, but disappointing to have to trim it to fit when it seems to be advertised to fit.

The Evil Within - PlayStation 4
The Evil Within - PlayStation 4
Offered by Etopia
Price: $24.50
183 used & new from $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninspired and clunky, not engaging and frustrating, July 29, 2015
I doubt there is much I can add to the pile of negative reviews, but I still feel motivated to try; that is how bad my experience with The Evil Within has been. I was a little over an hour into the game when I permanently entombed it in its fancy holographic sleeve. In the brief amount of time that I have lost while playing this game, it is readily apparent that this game is a Silent Hill/Resident Evil wanna-be. Maybe the game gets better with time, but I doubt it; having played games for decades, one gets a sense for this sort of thing.

The story is obtuse, hackneyed and slow. OH GNOEZ THIS IS NO ORDINARY POLICE CALL. The first chapter you spend mostly asking yourself "what is happening" and limping. Oh goodness, the limping. I think I limped for four minutes straight down some poorly-realized sewer tunnel. Then comes the sneaking around the chainsaw guy who, if he spots you, runs you down and insta-kills you. Ripley, hide in a locker! Quick, find a bottle! Has this kind of thing not been done already? Did I see the Assassin's Creed guy? What is even going on?

Chapter two puts you in Resident Evil 5 mode. Here is a gun and a big lantern that you somehow hang from your belt. Dangle, dangle. Do not mind me, while I try to sneak with this dangling gas lantern; I just want to stick this knife in you. Nothing novel here and nothing scary, really. The only "survival horror" aspect I experienced was setting off a trip-wire that I was two feet away from immediately after coming out of a cut-scene. SURPRISE, YOU'VE BEEN HORROR'D. I was horrified that I had spent money on this game.

The game feels very hodgepodge. It also feels generic, arbitrary and amateur. I did not find the game engaging and subsequently cannot suffer the eccentric quirks it appears to be revealing. Everyone will have a different criteria for enjoyment, but what is the point of playing a video game that does not meet that criteria?

Maybe I will use my one remaining match to set the game on fire so it does not come back to kill me later as I ineffectually swing at it with my marshmallow fists. If even the corner of the box brushes me, I will fall over and die.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2015 7:55 AM PDT

BioShock Infinite - Xbox 360
BioShock Infinite - Xbox 360
Price: $10.93
246 used & new from $2.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Lackluster experience made worse by all the hype, April 14, 2013
Bioshock Infinite is a first person shooter with very light upgrade style RPG elements that tells a story set in a troubled cloud city existing in a semi-steampunk alternative 1912. You play a mysterious character set upon a seemingly simple task by a faceless benefactor.

This game has all the same basic game play elements that Bioshock/Bioshock 2 had, but arranged in a different way. The makers clearly wanted to change the face of the game, and in doing so created some awkward differences -- but the game is still fundamentally the same. The biggest difference between Infinite and the other two is the setting, and I think that is this game's biggest failure. The bright open environment does not do the game play justice. What was once creepy and claustrophobic is now run of the mill and unsurprising. To me the environment and world simply didn't have the character that Rapture did. This also goes for the enemies. The enemies in Bioshock Infinite are indistinct and seemingly come in three different flavors: Small, medium, and large. Other than that, there's no real difference. Another result of the change in environment is the distance that combat takes place at -- too far, in my opinion, to be anything but a poorly executed shooter. Lots of long ball or arena-style combat scenarios are presented. Very obvious, very Serious Sam, very disappointing.

The sky-line/sky-hook stuff, while novel in the early part of the game, becomes a very obtuse dynamic that you are forced to contend with later on. It, unfortunately, compounds the arena style shooting gallery issues. In some cases it isn't entirely necessary, but in other cases it is vital to the "scene". I never found that it added, in a positive manner, to any part of the game. It was more of something that was forced upon me, something that I had to work around. It could have been left out of the game and the game wouldn't have been diminished in the slightest.

I have often overlooked or looked past game play issues if the story is captivating or interesting. Not the case here. I won't go into any specifics because I don't want to spoil anything, but the story was not interesting. I don't know where all these high praises for the story come from. The story is bland, the characters uninteresting, and I never felt part of the world or invested in it. The game was just a series of shooting galleries. The female character lead, while cute, is full of contradictions and inconsistent motivations. Your character is equally as flippant -- one minute a cut throat mercenary, the next a bleeding heart activist. If disjointed time streams and nonsensical surprise endings are your thing, you might enjoy it. For me I found the story without merit. The story just wasn't good.

Lastly, I've got to complain about the end game. The final stage, the very ending portion of the game, is hackneyed garbage. An overly long action sequence, defending a destructible target, with a time limit, and waves and waves of enemies. I'm not necessarily a fan of the Big Boss Battle dynamic, but I understand it. This was just plain abusive. Imagine playing through ten or more minutes of a hectic frantic mess to fail at the end, only to have to replay the entire thing again.

All in all, the game was very meh. To say it was "OK", to me, best sums it up. If the game hadn't been so overly hyped, and hadn't been connected to Bioshock I may not have felt so let down and disappointed by it. My feelings on the game aren't centered around the fact that it is different than the previous installments. My concerns lay with the specifics of the game, the execution, and the total effect of all of the changes -- but not the fact that there were changes, in and of themselves. I was very excited about this game, I thought there was no way it would let me down... it did.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2013 4:56 PM PDT

Spec Ops: The Line - PC
Spec Ops: The Line - PC
Offered by drum_video_games
Price: $8.99
19 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly amazing story, excellent game play, January 12, 2013
Spec Ops: The Line is a third person cover shooter that takes place in Dubai after a sand storm has wreaked havoc among the city and its inhabitants. If you liked the movie Apocalypse Now then you'll love this game. Apocalypse Now is a movie that takes place during a war but is about the heart and souls of man. This game is just like that. This review will be solely about the single player portion.

The graphics, graphic effects, environments, models, skins, sounds, all of it are done with amazing quality. The game is often just stunning to look at. The shooter-play is somewhat like Gears of War, but not quite as refined or smooth. I will admit that the cover system has a few quirks, but the check point system is forgiving. The gun variety is immense, the battlefields feel very three dimensional, and there is just a hint of tactical shooter -- but nothing overwhelming for those who aren't into that. The variety in shooting galleries, combat scenarios, and high stress situations is enough to keep most of the game play fresh without being too wishy-washy.

The real gem of this game, the real strength, the real depth is in the story. The progression of the characters, and the story are incredible. There are many points through out the game where you will -- wittingly and unwittingly -- make choices that affect the rest of the game. Things are not always what they seem, and you never really know where the line between good and evil lays at any one time. The game play is good, but the story being told is fantastic. I was invested in the story very early on and it never failed to deliver.

The pacing of the game, the way the characters interact with each other and their situation, and the summation of all of the choices made result in an amazing end. I was absolutely stunned. Even knowing now how things can go down I'm eager to play it through and make different choices and see what changes occur.

Medal of Honor Warfighter - Xbox 360
Medal of Honor Warfighter - Xbox 360
Offered by Fulfillinc
Price: $12.35
242 used & new from $1.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly disappointing, a mistake to purchase, November 28, 2012
There is nothing about the multiplayer aspect in this review; Multiplayer has no appeal to me. I'm in the middle of "Changing Tides", the apparent fifth level. I've taken the disc out of the tray and put it back in the box and it will remain there forever, in penance, to think about what it has done in darkened silence. Danger Close and EA should be ashamed of this pile of garbage.

I played the Medal of Honor reboot/release, the single player campaign, and it was good. I enjoyed it. The pacing, the action, the story, all of it was good. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good purchase and time well spent. I thought Warfighter would be the same. Good gravy, was I wrong. So wrong.

Beyond the fact that the levels are very corridor-like and cramped, they are too dark. I don't have room on my drive to install the "HD graphics", so I'm using whatever the default stuff is -- but the color pallet is washed out and the shading is too aggressive. I had to turn my brightness up to see what was happening a lot of the time. The game is an endless series of high pressure zero notice pop-up shooting gallery pieces punctuated by trying to navigate an obvious corridor or a confusing environment. "What in the world is happening??" has been my most common thought.

I've done one of the driving levels... that is some total nonsense right there. Man, I don't know how anyone thought that level was well done. After an excessively long and frustrating chase scene I had one single chance to pilot that careening piece of garbage vehicle with terrible controls into a single spot, or else I had to restart from the last checkpoint NO PREACHER NO YOU LOST HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game feels like Call of Duty: World at War got smashed into a trash can with Medal of Honor: Airborne, and then that trash was formed into a new game which was sold to me through Amazon. Endless guys, invisible spawn lines, a terrible "cover/peek" system, and lots of HURRY UP RUSH HURRY UP RUSH GO GO GO complete with your idiot squad mates haranguing you about taking too long.

Please, please, please: Rent this game. Do not purchase it unless you've played it for a bit. I wish I had not, it was a complete waste. Purchased or played it, that is. I essentially paid for about an hour and a half of frustration with zero enjoyment.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Xbox 360
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Xbox 360
Offered by drum_video_games
Price: $13.04
233 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Rainbox Six: Vegas meets Ghost Recon, June 9, 2012
Ghost Recon Future soldier is a new direction for the Tom Clancy games, that's for sure. I was a big fan of Advanced Warfighter 2. I enjoyed managing the battlefield assets, while being engaged in the battlefield at the same time. I also enjoyed the ability to progress through missions in many different ways. I enjoyed the Rainbox Six: Vegas games because of their cover-to-cover intensive shooter action. To a lesser degree I enjoyed some of the basic stealth-creeper action of some of the Splinter Cell games. GRFS is an interesting mix of these attributes.

GRFS will go from stealth-infiltration to run-and-gun battlefield action in a split second. Over all I found the game to be fairly "arcadey". You have a squad with you, and the friendly AI is pretty good. The friendly AI really never hurts you -- only helps you. They don't really get caught during stealth missions, they are pretty decent in combat, and only rarely need to be revived on the battlefield. I think the developers went out of their way to make sure they aren't a burden. Besides the "Sync Shot" stuff, you can't really control them. In that regard, I kind of miss GRAW2.

The cover system is worth mentioning. It is fantastic. It works very well, especially when moving from cover to cover, dynamically, on the battlefield. The peeking/leaning around cover, targeting your next piece of cover, and hustling to it -- all work fantastic. Hats off to the developers.

The stealth mechanic is a bit over-used in the game, but still works well. You'll realize very quickly that you are practically invisible, unless an enemy is very near to you and looking directly at you. You realize the horror of facing an active-camo enemy when you start running into them later in the game. Pretty fun.

The game plot is pretty run of the mill, but still interesting. The missions are varied enough that they don't get repetitive. In many of the missions the progression is linear, but in some you have the option of approaching them more from a stealth or front attack perspective. Many times you mix a bit to get through.

I played a tiny bit of the multiplayer. I don't buy these games for the multiplayer, but it didn't leave a bad impression on me. The cover system and gameplay seems identical to the single player, which is a step above the multiplayer experience in the GRAW games. I expect fans of multiplayer action will get a ton of mileage from it.

In conclusion, while the game isn't perfect, it was definitely a very good experience. If you are already a fan of the Tom Clancy games, you'll likely enjoy this. If you haven't gotten into these kinds of games yet, you may very well find this one to be a good introduction. It is light-weight, but tactical. It is unencumbered, but challenging.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2012 10:10 AM PDT

Saint's Row: The Third - Xbox 360
Saint's Row: The Third - Xbox 360
Offered by Unimartonline
Price: $17.50
204 used & new from $2.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Theft Auto: Pure Fun Edition, June 9, 2012
Do you like sandbox style games, but find the evolution of the Grand Theft Auto games to be burdened with laborious chores? Do you find it frustrating to be given all these potentially fun tasks to do, but at the same time be constrained by enforced "realism"? Tired of SOME GUY calling you CRYING ABOUT GO BOWLING for the forty-twelfth time? Just feel like running amok and doing ridiculous stuff while having a good time? If so, this game is for you. Big time.

Saints Row The Third really is pure fun, sandbox style. You can do all kinds of silly fun things in the game. The side missions are so fun they can be distracting from the main plot. You can stack your gear, your weapons, your cars... and get to any of it anytime you want. The game has a slim but fun plot, with plenty of variety in mission play. Anytime you want you can forget about the main missions and just goof around, for hours, on whatever you want.

The game has been reviewed a hundred trillion billion times already and it is unlikely anyone is ever going to see mine. I don't care. The game is just plain fun. Playing co-op with a friend is also fun, especially just driving around wreaking havoc.

Inversion - Xbox 360
Inversion - Xbox 360
Offered by Electronics Flip
Price: $5.92
112 used & new from $1.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulletstorm meets Gears of War mixed with Epic Fail, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Inversion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I wish I had played a demo for this game before I bought it. I watched some of the video reviews and it looked interesting. Let me assure you that it looks far better than it plays. Any positive that the gravity-tweaking stuff might provide is offset by the terrible gun action and impotent cover system.

Inversion is basically a series of very small-area high stress combat scenarios that you often have to play through several times before you find "the clean line" to complete it. Between every little area is a cinematic of some sort, and in most cases it is over-acted, under-written garbage. The main character's quest for his daughter is just jibberish. The game is trying to be plot heavy but the plot is very cliche and boring. I'm five chapters in and have spent as much time watching nonsense than playing the actual game.

The graphics and environments are outstanding. The level design is very creative. The vistas are impressive, the art is fantastic.

It is too bad that the game plays, on a technical level, like an amateur cut-rate attempt at Gears of War. The cover system might as well be from the Perfect Dark era. You'll often not stick to cover but dodge/roll into the open. You'll find that stuff that looks like it should be cover, isn't. You'll find popping up out of cover to shoot doesn't follow where you are looking, which can make it very difficult to target quickly. You are always looking over the character's right shoulder, so when he comes out of cover on the left side, he steps wide left -- but when he comes out of cover on the right, he comes out just a bit. That can make predicting shot angles difficult. The game definitely tries to force you to use the poorly-executed cover system by inflicting you with overwhelming odds, either by sheer number or by brute force. The game just doesn't provide a smooth experience -- you'll find yourself spending more time fighting the game than fighting IN the game.

In the beginning of the game you get a taste of much of the gravity powers. I'm five chapters in and I can only do really one thing, and it really isn't that interesting.

The boss battles I have encountered are frustrating, and without explanation. Like some of the other combat experiences, you basically just have to plod your way through it, dying repeatedly, until you figure out what to do -- then play it clean. A poor choice in gameplay dynamic, which also shows a lack of creativity on the developers part. Once again, good art -- bad gameplay.

I know many people get bent out of shape at reviews from people who haven't completed the game. I very seriously doubt I will bother to play much further. This piece of garbage game belongs as a rental. If you really must purchase it, please try it as a rental first. You'll know all you need to know about the game in the first evening.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2012 7:27 AM PDT

The Age of Darkness (Horus Heresy)
The Age of Darkness (Horus Heresy)
by Christian Dunn
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.99
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of Heresy era short stories, April 2, 2012
"Age of Darkness" is a collection of short stories that occur during the middle of the Heresy. I have enjoyed the book, as a whole, and think it is a good representation of the authors featured within. Some of the other collections had definite swings -- some stories good, some slow and not so great. This book has been pretty even keel through out... with one exception.

The Iron Within.

What an utterly fantastic short story. That story, alone, is worth the price of admission.

"The Iron Within" really is the darling of the entire book. I'm not sure that I've read anything else by Rob Sanders, the author, but I will say that his writing does the Warhammer 40,000 universe justice. He presents a grim and dark, yet heroic and epic vision of the events in his story. He covers similar basic ground as many of the other authors but goes about it with a completely different feel. The combination of his pacing, character design, and imagery just brings the entire story right to life. Not repetitive, not unimaginative, not stale... I love the Warhammer 40,000 books but if you've read enough of them you'll know what I mean. I just want to babble about all the excellent aspects of the story, but I don't want to spoil any of it.

Between the general quality of the stories contained within, and the shining star, "The Iron Within", I felt this was a great book to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6